Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

hiring mopeds, alicante&nightlife

hiring mopeds, alicante&nightlife

Old Jun 13th 2007, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

louisemcevoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hiring mopeds, alicante&nightlife

Where can I hire mopeds in Alicante? Me and some friends are coming over and will be staying over in Ciudad quesada but dont want to fork out on hiring a car (and I am the only driver so will be stuck driving all the time) so we were thinking of hiring mopeds but i am unsure as to where to go?

also, where can we go for some good nightlife??
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:49 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hiring mopeds, alicante&nightlife

Originally Posted by louisemcevoy
Where can I hire mopeds in Alicante? Me and some friends are coming over and will be staying over in Ciudad quesada but dont want to fork out on hiring a car (and I am the only driver so will be stuck driving all the time) so we were thinking of hiring mopeds but i am unsure as to where to go?

also, where can we go for some good nightlife??
So, you don't want to hire a car, because you are the only driver, so you think you don't need a license to drive a moped? and the way I'm reading it you want to drive mopeds so you can all go out and drink. Not a good idea, people do get killed on mopeds, and as they have no real protection it's very easy to get seriously injured as well.
Really sound like ypou just want to be a mance on Spanish roads, so, given the tone of your question, I hope there is nowhere you can hire them. Pleas let us know just when and where you will be, the dates etc you will be on the road, and we can all make sure we are not within kilometers of you at those times.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Please seriously think about hiring a moped. They are dangerous. Read the thread about Driving in Spain and it will give you some insight into Spanish drivers. You will be a lot safer in a car. Car hire for a week is not expensive. And if you feel the need to drink share the cost with your friends and get a taxi.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

so you think you don't need a license to drive a moped? and the way I'm reading it you want to drive mopeds so you can all go out and drink
Where did she say that?
Old Jun 14th 2007, 1:00 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by battlezone123
Please seriously think about hiring a moped. They are dangerous. Read the thread about Driving in Spain and it will give you some insight into Spanish drivers. You will be a lot safer in a car. Car hire for a week is not expensive. And if you feel the need to drink share the cost with your friends and get a taxi.
Hi battlezone 123,

I don't mean to step on any toes, but I don't think it's the Spanish drivers that are the only problem on Spanish roads!

I was in a very big, very luxurious car yesterday driven by a supposedly experienced English driver. As soon as I got out, I ran home and puked my brains out as he almost got us killed a few times!

Oh and I didn't mean to derail or hijack this thread, just wanted to add my 2 pennies worth
Old Jun 14th 2007, 1:03 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
so you think you don't need a license to drive a moped? and the way I'm reading it you want to drive mopeds so you can all go out and drink
Where did she say that?
It's just the way the question was written, and the fact that she is obviously the only one who has a driving licence.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah the memoriesLong nights in the nightclubs of Valencia poisoning myself only with Coca Cola (notice I didn't just say coke)
Old Jun 15th 2007, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
So, you don't want to hire a car, because you are the only driver, so you think you don't need a license to drive a moped? and the way I'm reading it you want to drive mopeds so you can all go out and drink. Not a good idea, people do get killed on mopeds, and as they have no real protection it's very easy to get seriously injured as well.
Really sound like ypou just want to be a mance on Spanish roads, so, given the tone of your question, I hope there is nowhere you can hire them. Pleas let us know just when and where you will be, the dates etc you will be on the road, and we can all make sure we are not within kilometers of you at those times.
actually, we wanted to hire mopeds because we thought it would be fun,and i dont want to be stuck driving all the time. and i have read that you dont need a license to hire mopeds as long as you are over 16.if thats incorrect then i apologise but i have been checking all this stuff out. we also arent stupid enough to take risks such as drinking and driving as a friend was killed by doing that. so i think you should think before you speak, all i was doing was asking for some genuine information.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

actually, we wanted to hire mopeds because we thought it would be fun,and i dont want to be stuck driving all the time. and i have read that you dont need a license to hire mopeds as long as you are over 16.if thats incorrect then i apologise but i have been checking all this stuff out. we also arent stupid enough to take risks such as drinking and driving as a friend was killed by doing that. so i think you should think before you speak, all i was doing was asking for some genuine information.
http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question...5142854AAMo8mR - Up till 49cc you can drive without license just a permision you get with ID, and medical plus basic understanding

dont know if thats true or not?
Old Jun 16th 2007, 10:21 am
Concierge

http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question...5142854AAMo8mR - Up till 49cc you can drive without license just a permision you get with ID, and medical plus basic understanding

dont know if thats true or not?
Suspect that may well be true for residents, but you will be visitors, and I suspect that you will need some sort of UK licence to hire them. If you had to wait, make appointments for medicals etc, then it's highly likely that you holiday would be well over BEFORE any of that happened, Spanish beaurcracy is SLOW. Sorry if I misunderstood your original post, but it was just the way it was written that made me think that what I put in my first post was what you were about.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 10:27 am
Concierge

Done a Google search, and there isn't a lot of help there, the only thing I found to do with Moped hire in and around Alicante, was your thread on this site. There are several dealing with moped hire, and it does say Alicante, BUT it only shows details of places like Bermuda, the Alicante thing is a totally different subject.