Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Brisca AWOL? An eventful day!

Brisca AWOL? An eventful day!

Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

BriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant future
Default Brisca AWOL? An eventful day!

Hello Everyone.
Sam won't be on line for a bit. I've left her alone in Spain and she has had an interesting day!
About 1.30pm there was an electrical fault in the street outside our house. You’ve seen it in the movies where electric cables hang down and there are sparks everywhere and it's popping and cracking! Well it was like that. Electric box on the outside the house caught fire. I expect you can picture a typical Spanish village where the cable run across the outside the houses?
Well a tractor hit the cable in another part of the village. The fault went along the cable till it met the box outside our house then something had to give. And it was this box outside our house!
Sam was a bit shaken, took Shiloh out in the square for safety.
The villagers were so nice but the nicer they were the more tearful Sam was. Then they were nicer because she was crying so she carried on crying!
Bless her!
Fire was put out.
No damage to the house.
Electricity has been restored.
PC appears fine.
Phone lines in the village have been damaged though, so she’s off line for a bit.
Monday she tells me Telefonica are coming! They didn’t say which Monday.
She's fine now.
Apparently she spent the afternoon and evening cleaning and trying to get the burning rubber/plastic smell out the house.
I tell you, every time I leave her alone she gets up to something exciting or breaks something.
Anyway I know some of you PM and chat to her from time to time and might wonder why she hasn’t replied! Well that’s why!
I'll post anymore news if I have any.
Regards
Keith
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:41 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brisca AWOL? An eventful day!

Oh Keith thats awful!!! Give her my love and I hope she is over the shock now.

So that might be a lesson to you leaving her, and get back here to Spain and with Sam
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Poor Brisca give her a BIG hug when you get back
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:50 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Thought I would read this thread before going to bed. so glad I did now.

What a dread full thing to happen, especially as Sam is on her own but thankfully you have such wonderful neighbors who will take care of her and make sure she is OK.

When you speak to her can you send her my love and say that I will be in touch when I get back from Ibiza, I owe her a PM but you can assure her that there is no way it be as long as the last one she sent me I had to go and have a siesta after I finished reading it.

If you get to see this Sam oh and to you BriscasBetterHalf and thanks for letting us know.

Now I am really going to bed.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 11:17 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear,only noticed this today,how awfull for Sam,thank goodness she is alright,give her my love when you speak to her lets hope she gets back to normal soon and is up and running on the puter as well,we will miss her...........it would have to happen when you are away,she will be ready for a big hug
Old Jun 10th 2007, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

BriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jandy44
Oh dear,only noticed this today,how awfull for Sam,thank goodness she is alright,give her my love when you speak to her lets hope she gets back to normal soon and is up and running on the puter as well,we will miss her...........it would have to happen when you are away,she will be ready for a big hug
Well its 2 weeks before I'm home so the hugs will have to wait.
Will pass on all your good wishes when I speak to her later.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 11:53 am
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BriscasBetterHalf
Well its 2 weeks before I'm home so the hugs will have to wait.
Will pass on all your good wishes when I speak to her later.
Hi,

Please also send her my love and well wishes when you speak to her.

Martha
Old Jun 10th 2007, 11:57 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Everyone.

Apparently she spent the afternoon and evening cleaning and trying to get the burning rubber/plastic smell out the house.
Thats a hard smell to get rid of.

Send her my love, now what am I going to do without our little chats we used to have.

This place is going to the dogs I tell ya.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 1:06 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Keith,how is Sam today???? is she getting over the ordeal ? have the telephone guys been out to fix the problem.............keep us posted,Luv to Sam tell her we are thinking of her and be glad when she is back online
Old Jun 11th 2007, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Spoke to her earlier.
Sam is fine.
4 telefonica men working on the problem so thats the entire workforce for this area!
Have passed on all the good wishes, hopefully she will be about later to say so but for the mean time she says "bless you all"

Keith
Old Jun 11th 2007, 3:31 pm
Young at heart

Spoke to her earlier.
Sam is fine.
4 telefonica men working on the problem so thats the entire workforce for this area!
Have passed on all the good wishes, hopefully she will be about later to say so but for the mean time she says "bless you all"

Keith
Haaaaaaaaa that is good news,lets hope they can fix the problem quickly,at least they turned up,sounds positive for Spain
Old Jun 11th 2007, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all you lovely people!!

Telefonica were true to their word and came today.............and I got the phone line back at about 7pm
It was SO weird not having Internet access

I see Keith's done an excellent job of keeping you all informed as to my wellbeing
Thank you to everyone who sent good wishes and lovely thoughts; you're a really great bunch

I will post a bit more about the experience, but not tonight I'm afraid.
I've spent an awful lot of time cleaning EVERYTHING; it's amazing where fire extinguisher powder will get into (!) and there's been dust and stuff from the work going on all day today.
I've been a right old Mrs Mop!
Thankfully, the smell of smoke and burning rubber has now gone - especially now that the electricity company have been and replaced the cables.
Our house has been the focal point of the village all weekend!
People were SO fantastic to me on Saturday; I was incredibly well looked after..................although I really missed Keith!

Shiloh and I are off out ALL DAY tomorrow, for a nice walk and picnic with friends - so I've got to get my rucksack ready in a mo.
When we get back in the evening, I'm giving an English lesson - and then I'll be phoning my Dad for his birthday.
So that'll be tomorrow over and done with!!
Who said life might be boring in Spain!!?

Hope you have a lovely holiday Crispygirl
Loved your comments about my last PM!!

Jean, thank you for all the photos you've sent me
I haven't looked at any of them yet, because I want to enjoy them at my leisure -but I will be in touch soon.

Don't worry Matt, I'm sure we can continue our little chats now I'm back

Once again, thanks to everyone who sent kind thoughts and wishes.
Love Sam xx
Old Jun 11th 2007, 8:16 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Yippee Sam's back!!

Welcome back, we missed you.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 8:41 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Yippee Sam's back!!

Welcome back, we missed you.
HERE HERE Welcome back..........
Old Jun 11th 2007, 8:59 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Some lovin' for Brisca

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.