Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

High maintenance women

High maintenance women

Old Oct 27th 2011, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: High maintenance women

Originally Posted by fionamw
Well a chap we know had an ex-wife who was distinctly high maintenance (£000's in Harrods in an hour, used her own income on herself and had an allowance from him and he paid all household bills........) but yet he also seems to reckon his current is high maintenance not for her spendthrift ways but because she expects conversation and her 'challenging attitudes' to be taken seriously!!
From all accounts the financially expensive one wasn't a stunner, but did make the most of herself.
Then again, does high maintenance necessarily mean big buck spending? I for one certainly wouldn't know!
I wouldnt know either.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 6:44 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
High maintenance could equally apply to a pensioner whose partner visits the hairdresser every week and also has a pedicure and manicure, doesn't only apply to rich men.

OK marrying for money but there is nothing like having your own. Always had my own income, would hate to be totally dependant on anyone. Equal partnerships work best. Wouldn't say no to the odd luxury gift though
and here we strike the dead centre of the target. A relationship where there is a real partnership is the exact opposite of a high maintenance type, and IMO the best relationship to have.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 6:54 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
High maintenance could equally apply to a pensioner whose partner visits the hairdresser every week and also has a pedicure and manicure, doesn't only apply to rich men.

OK marrying for money but there is nothing like having your own. Always had my own income, would hate to be totally dependant on anyone. Equal partnerships work best. Wouldn't say no to the odd luxury gift though
its no use telling us about it Jacky, you need to go to sugar daddy
Old Oct 27th 2011, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Not strictly about being high maintenance, but I would love to be able to say I contribute half (financially)...however I took the decision with my then husband to be a stay-at-home mum. At the time I was earning noticeably more than he was, and would have progressed earnings-wise quicker, too. But stay-at-home was the choice, and although I was back earning a few part-time £££ when we split up, the now 9yo's birth led to a continuation of the choice, one I don't regret in any other way than when people are talking about independence!
Old Oct 27th 2011, 7:41 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 27th 2011, 7:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Pfft.

Zonda?
Old Oct 27th 2011, 7:56 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Not strictly about being high maintenance, but I would love to be able to say I contribute half (financially)...however I took the decision with my then husband to be a stay-at-home mum. At the time I was earning noticeably more than he was, and would have progressed earnings-wise quicker, too. But stay-at-home was the choice, and although I was back earning a few part-time £££ when we split up, the now 9yo's birth led to a continuation of the choice, one I don't regret in any other way than when people are talking about independence!
Oh God I hate that too.
I was earning more than my OH when we met - even in woman backwards Italy, but when I was pregnant he was getting onto higher ground and we discovered how much child care costs here.
The mutual decision was for me to take off as much time as I could on maternity leave (quite generous here compared to some places) and then take it from there. In the meantime my boss had turned into a total prick and I was better off at home and bringing the child up bilingual - something that no childcare service could have done for us.

It drives me bonkers if people say I have it easy or that I have l lost my potential or that I am no longer using my brain or my skills.

I am using my brain and my skills in other ways now having carved out a nice little niche for myself in some of the local schools and as a translator and interpretor ..... all jobs that I can fit in and around my kids. So I don't have a fixed monthly wage packet - it varies - so what! What I don't have is mad moments of panic if the kids are sick or I am poorly and I don't regret for a minute not having to beg for an hour off work to see the dentist.

I think I'm lucky now and all the other odds and sods that say I have it easy might be right - I have it easier than some, but anybody that thinks bringing up two decent kids and running a home and doing most of it in a foreign language and doing it well and working whenever possible can go and screw themselves..... because sometimes a 9 to 5 job and weekends off was easier.

Like Fiona - no regrets so far. In fact I am damn well bloody proud. I can eat fish and chips and be happy and I can eat lobster and be happy.

Rant over - sorry folks.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think stay at home mothers have an easy life, so much so in fact that I decided not to have children because it always seemed to me to be just too much sheer hard work - 24/7, 365 days a year! And as for combining bringing up children whilst working full time, no thanks.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Droidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
High maintenance to me does not necessarily mean money, it means demanding attention, everything done for them and their needs / wants above anyone elses. I am low maintence
+1. There are some individuals in my life of both sexes who are exhausting to be in the company of. I call them 'energy sponges' - they have very low boredom thresholds and have to be constantly entertained. I can take short doses then make my excuses .... but then they probably think I'm hard work as well !!
Old Oct 28th 2011, 10:38 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Droidling
+1. There are some individuals in my life of both sexes who are exhausting to be in the company of. I call them 'energy sponges' - they have very low boredom thresholds and have to be constantly entertained. I can take short doses then make my excuses .... but then they probably think I'm hard work as well !!
Yeah, some people are pleasant, 'easy' company and some are so very hard that I won't bother with them.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Ive a couple of friends who treat their partner as a business deal , both in there fifties and very wealthy (eek I`m starting to sound like Cman) one has a Thai import in her late twenties ,the other has a leggy blonde , all parties are aware and know they would not be together without their "assets " , all appear to be happy so I dont have a problem with it
Old Oct 28th 2011, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Pfft.

Zonda?
Women eh Look at the prancing horse on the grill
Old Oct 28th 2011, 11:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rotor
Women eh Look at the prancing horse on the grill
Spectacle failure... plus I'd been watching Top Gear earlier and the shape of the car seemed similar!
Old Oct 28th 2011, 12:02 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Spectacle failure... plus I'd been watching Top Gear earlier and the shape of the car seemed similar!
I thought everyone would recognise a Ferrari F40

See here for the Pagani Zonda>

http://www.sportsclb.com/pagani-zonda/

Last edited by missile; Oct 28th 2011 at 12:06 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 12:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

As you will know, there are many different models of Zonda (seemingly ever more since they announced they were to cease.....) and at least two of those I saw yesterday had a similarly strange profile to the Ferrari in the pic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.