Reload this Page >

Hi everyone + A small dish is now enough for BBC News 24 and BBC Radio

Hi everyone + A small dish is now enough for BBC News 24 and BBC Radio

Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

tarn is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Hi everyone + A small dish is now enough for BBC News 24 and BBC Radio

Hello everyone. My first post here

As most of you may know, you could receive BBC TV and ITV in Spain if you happen to have a large satellite dish pointed to Astra 2D. A run-of-the-mill dish is enough for SKY News, S4C and some other channels.

Weeks ago BBC News 24 and BBC Radio moved to a wider beam while keeping their orbital position. This means now they could be received with a >60cm dish and a free-to-air receiver throughout Western Europe.

My 90cm dish in Madrid has just been lovingly tilted left and down to the right spot! -Welcome again Radio One.

In case you want to try this with an already installed satellite dish, drop me an answer and I'll post a short explanation.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:48 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi everyone + A small dish is now enough for BBC News 24 and BBC Radio

T minus 20 to banning!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Hi everyone + A small dish is now enough for BBC News 24 and BBC Radio

Sorry?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tarn
Sorry?
No need to apologise, you're amongst friends.

Why not just post the details on the Forum? could save you a world of pain e-mailing half the expats in Spain.

Think of it as your very own broardcast???
Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

Thanks a lot!

When I mean sending emails I say send emails instead of posts. I'm Spanish.

Explaining how to aim a dish from scratch takes time. I mean posting the explanations here, if someone shows interest. It takes much time to write down the process.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 9:36 am
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot!

When I mean sending emails I say send emails instead of posts. I'm Spanish.

Explaining how to aim a dish from scratch takes time. I mean posting the explanations here, if someone shows interest. It takes much time to write down the process.
But it takes much less time to type/paste it once on the forum than to 494089409409 people who may email you?

Perhaps one could assume/think that possibly money might have to change hands for such information?

You tell us?
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leighbloke
No need to apologise, you're amongst friends.

Why not just post the details on the Forum? could save you a world of pain e-mailing half the expats in Spain.

Think of it as your very own broardcast???
should be Boardcast, lol

if you have broadband you could just stream the Radio 1 and BBC News 24 over the internet
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
should be Boardcast, lol

if you have broadband you could just stream the Radio 1 and BBC News 24 over the internet
Andy, the important word there is "If"! And then only really on if it is proper ADSL or cable and Not a Wifi connection.
Tim
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:20 am
zel

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Andy, the important word there is "If"! And then only really on if it is proper ADSL or cable and Not a Wifi connection.
Tim
Don't you need to be using a UK IP address to access the UK online TV/Radio stations or a UK Proxy server to make it think you are?

I've read you certainly have to with BBC iPlayer stuff!
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Angry Re: Hi everyone + A small dish is now enough for BBC News 24 and BBC Radio

Originally Posted by zel
Perhaps one could assume/think that possibly money might have to change hands for such information?

You tell us?
I don't know if your prejudice is reasonable, I don't know if people seeking money pop up here often.

And then I'm new. No record of past behaviour.

What I do know for sure is you manage to word it in a most insulting way. Not the right way to keep people who want to help for the sake of it.

What if I'm just happy to have found something and want to communicate it to the people who could find it useful?
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:22 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if your prejudice is reasonable, I don't know if people seeking money pop up here often.

What I do know for sure is you manage to word it in a most insulting way. Not the right way to keep people who want to help for the sake of it.

What if I'm just happy to have found something and want to communicate it to the people who could find it useful?
I found him very insulting too, he never wants my help either.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:24 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zel
Don't you need to be using a UK IP address to access the UK online TV/Radio stations or a UK Proxy server to make it think you are?

But you can. Google a UK Proxy server list and then you can trick the servers into thinking you are in the UK.

But be warned that this can sometimes cause problems with your existing settings so only do if you know what you are doing.....

Edit: just found this one...
http://www.freewebproxylist.com/UK_WebProxies.html

Last edited by The Guy; Mar 30th 2008 at 11:35 am.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:25 am
zel

Well you're not going about it in the right manor to make others assume you're not going about it in a 'proper way' are you?

No offense if you are a legitimate person trying to help out, but since you've still made no attempt to post your 'advice' publicly then what are people going to believe?

This and every other expat forum are littered with people trying to make a quick buck out of people and that is what the classifieds are for (if your service fits the bill, not sure about commercial postings)

Prove me and the others assuming the worst wrong and I will be the first to apologize but as of the moment, your post is looking at yet another trying to punt for business post I'm afraid.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:27 am
zel

Originally Posted by Satandpcguy
But you can. Google a UK Proxy server list and then you can trick the servers into thinking you are in the UK.

But be warned that this can sometimes cause problems with your existing settings so only do if you know what you are doing.....
Ah yeah was just trying to get it confirmed, I'm aware of how to use Proxies since working it out when my cable tv feed died and England were about the lose a match and found the only place I could watch it was online from Japan!
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zel

Zel, I am acting as a wireless ISP here, my own ISP is in the UK and routed from Italy via satellite!
I have no problem accessing any of those services, but if I or any of my customers do, because the service is via Wfi, it kills the connection for everyone else on the network in much the same way as Peer to peer does.
Regards
Tim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.