he's gone

Old Mar 19th 2007, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of
Default he's gone

ok, my husband and father in law have left, on there way to portsmouth now to get the ferry. He had very emotional farewells from everyone, i dread to think what i'm gonna be like next week when its my turn
Old Mar 19th 2007, 4:50 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: he's gone

Originally Posted by cajam31
ok, my husband and father in law have left, on there way to portsmouth now to get the ferry. He had very emotional farewells from everyone, i dread to think what i'm gonna be like next week when its my turn
well good luck to them and to you when you do leave, but at least he will have got your place sorted by the time you get there, greet you with a nice bottle of wine.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 4:55 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi cajam,

Don't think of it in those terms. Spain is only a 3 hour flight away and with flights being as cheap as they are, it's actually cheaper flying to Spain than going into London sometime *lol*.

When we lived in the UK, we were based in Portsmouth and my in-laws were in the Midlands. We had to drive for 3/4 hours to go visit them. We see them more frequently now that we're here!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 5:13 pm
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice

How much did it cost them then, have they got a van loaded with your worldly goods Keep cool, stay focused, soon be there
Old Mar 19th 2007, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and enjoy xxxxxxx
Old Mar 19th 2007, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK
How much did it cost them then, have they got a van loaded with your worldly goods Keep cool, stay focused, soon be there

No van, but we have a ford explorer so loads of room in there once the back seats are down, i've filled it up with all my treasures lol
Old Mar 19th 2007, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikelincs
well good luck to them and to you when you do leave, but at least he will have got your place sorted by the time you get there, greet you with a nice bottle of wine.
i am hopig thats the case lol
he's just rang me, they are at the ferry port, the ferry was meant to sail at 9pm but its been delayed coz of the weather, he said they are not sailing til 4 am now, poor fella's.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 5:30 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Not good weather conditions down here, though better than further north. We have had strong winds all day and even a snow flurry this afternoon (lasted all of one minute ) there is more bad weather to come so I hope they have good sea legs
Old Mar 19th 2007, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Just think, this is just the start of (hopefully) a happy new way of life!

Once you know that hubby and your father in law have arrived safely, you will be able to relax a bit, and just enjoy the prospect of seeing them again soon.............in your new life!

I don't know where you're going, whether you've got your own place sorted out yet, how long you've been planning this............but now you've made a start, just enjoy the experience!
I bet it won't be long before you're over-run with visitors!

Good luck with everything,
Sam.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Yuk!
Just read your post about the ferry delay and the weather.
Can't say I envy them

I think the trick is to lie down during rough seas??
I'm sure one of the "seafarers" on the site can advise better though.

You're flying over next week, aren't you?
That's the way to do it!!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 5:40 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

i am hopig thats the case lol
he's just rang me, they are at the ferry port, the ferry was meant to sail at 9pm but its been delayed coz of the weather, he said they are not sailing til 4 am now, poor fella's.
When I posted my last reply we must have been typing at the same time. The weather down here is still very windy and cold. Hope the wind dies down by morning.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the replies folks
I'm so glad its not me getting on that ferry, i'm sick on a 2 hour crossing when its calm if we go to calais
We've been planning the move for quite a while now, we're renting for the first year and have already taken over our apartment so hopefully it will be easy for them once they actually arrive, as we've already got all the necessities out there from last time we were over.
I feel quite guilty that they've got all the hard work and i'm just jumping on a plane and walking in lol
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:47 pm
Popping in for a chat

Well the wind seems to have died down now (I'm across the water from Portsmouth in Gosport) so hopefully the ferry may leave sooner than predicted. Here's hoping anyway, can't be much fun hanging around the ferry port all that time. Have you heard any more from hubby?
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lionda
Well the wind seems to have died down now (I'm across the water from Portsmouth in Gosport) so hopefully the ferry may leave sooner than predicted. Here's hoping anyway, can't be much fun hanging around the ferry port all that time. Have you heard any more from hubby?
Yes, he's not very happy lol
they are saying 3 am now, they've been out and had something to eat, but they are totally bored and he said its absolutely freezing. I didnt tell him i'm sitting here with the heating on, with a blanket on my lap drinking a cuppa tea lol
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:58 pm
Popping in for a chat

Yes, he's not very happy lol
they are saying 3 am now, they've been out and had something to eat, but they are totally bored and he said its absolutely freezing. I didnt tell him i'm sitting here with the heating on, with a blanket on my lap drinking a cuppa tea lol
Have they been told the reason for the delay? Was it the weather? The wind seems to be getting up again. They will be ok once they board the ferry, nice and warm and they can then go to bed. Hope you get a good nights sleep too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.