Hergom Stoves

Old Jan 26th 2006, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Gilliflower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hergom Stoves

Hello all,
I am interested in buying the Hergom Cocina L08 cc but can't get any information on it other than the website. Does anyone have any experience with any of these cookers please?
thanks in advance for your replies..........
Gilliflower
Old Feb 20th 2006, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

David Watkins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hergom Stoves

Originally Posted by Gilliflower
Hello all,
I am interested in buying the Hergom Cocina L08 cc but can't get any information on it other than the website. Does anyone have any experience with any of these cookers please?
thanks in advance for your replies..........
Gilliflower
I purchased an Hergom LO8 in Santiago, Chile in 1990. When we returned to our home in the US two years later, I had the cocina shipped with us. We installed it in our home and use it regularly. It is an excellent stove and we enjoy it much. It helps heat our home and hot water. In addition we have an outdoor wood boiler system that heats hot water and is pumped into our hot water tanks and radiators and plenums in the house furnace system. The Hergom is tied in with that. Last year, I need a new brass handle and two large brass screws, emailed the home company in Spain and received the products about six weeks later. We are planning on moving to another state in five years and plan to take it with us and install it in our new home in Michigan. I recommend the LO8 in every respect.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

Gilliflower is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Hergom Stoves

Thank you very much for your informative reply on the Hergom stove. After 15 years of ownership are there any negative points about the stove? How easy is it to clean the soot passageways? Apart from the pieces you mention, have you had to replace any other parts? (Questions from my DH in charge of maintenance!........)
My only question is relating to dust; is it a dusty beast?
Many thanks,
Gilliflower
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

David Watkins is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never had to change a single part until the brass items I mentioned earlier. Cleaning the passageways is very simple with a shop vac and I only do that about twice a year. I do not use the stove but the cooler six months. As for dust, it is only dusty when pulling out the ash tray and emptying that. I merely put some newspapers on the floor, pull it out, and take the tray outside and empty it. I love the stove. It has to be dusted regularly as it is black enamel but a dishrag after the dishes works great.

Originally Posted by Gilliflower
Thank you very much for your informative reply on the Hergom stove. After 15 years of ownership are there any negative points about the stove? How easy is it to clean the soot passageways? Apart from the pieces you mention, have you had to replace any other parts? (Questions from my DH in charge of maintenance!........)
My only question is relating to dust; is it a dusty beast?
Many thanks,
Gilliflower
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 9:24 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so curiosity killed me.........

looks like an aga to me............

cool tho
Attached Thumbnails Hergom Stoves-stove1.jpg