Help Please...

Old Jun 25th 2009, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

savateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nice
Default Re: Help Please...

Wouldnt base life desicions on a tv show, (or a forum for that matter),why wouldnt they need a kitchen/bedroom fitter in Spain or France, dont they have kitchens and bedrooms in either country ?
Old Jun 25th 2009, 2:16 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adyms
yeah i watched both episodes.
You will recall then that the bar in Benidorm, the Rusty Nail, took three Euros on one day, after being open all day, in the busiest resort in the world. You will also know that it's for sale, and so are thousands just like it, all over Spain, all going down the pan, fast.

Couldn't you wait a couple of years? Things are going to improve, and the Rusty Nail will still be for sale then.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Adyms is an unknown quantity at this point

haha i see your point but im just sick of the uk!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 2:33 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adyms
haha i see your point but im just sick of the uk!
But there you can be sick for free, here it costs money. ,-))
Old Jun 25th 2009, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HBG
You will recall then that the bar in Benidorm, the Rusty Nail, took three Euros on one day, after being open all day, in the busiest resort in the world. You will also know that it's for sale, and so are thousands just like it, all over Spain, all going down the pan, fast.

Couldn't you wait a couple of years? Things are going to improve, and the Rusty Nail will still be for sale then.
Perhaps that was part of the problem. Benidorm is a resort and so, one assumes, that the Rusty Nail's target market don't even live there, they just pop over to Spain for a couple of weeks each summer. Not good for building up "regulars".

It's funny how the grotty little Spanish bars with all the fag ends and crap on the floor are always brimming with activity. But then they get the same customers day in day out and don't rely on tourism.

In fact typing this has just reminded me that I haven't had my caffeine fix for the day so I'm gonna pop around the corner to my local bar right now.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 9:00 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Veleta
Perhaps that was part of the problem. Benidorm is a resort and so, one assumes, that the Rusty Nail's target market don't even live there, they just pop over to Spain for a couple of weeks each summer. Not good for building up "regulars".

It's funny how the grotty little Spanish bars with all the fag ends and crap on the floor are always brimming with activity. But then they get the same customers day in day out and don't rely on tourism.

In fact typing this has just reminded me that I haven't had my caffeine fix for the day so I'm gonna pop around the corner to my local bar right now.
the couple at the Rusty Nail were saying that if only they could have spoken some Spanish, they would have been able to serve the few Spanish people who did pop in
Old Jun 26th 2009, 8:10 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Veleta

Your post has rocked me. I've got to go to the cashpoint and post a letter this morning, but what I'm looking forward to is my Spanish bar, noisy, knee deep in fag ends, the TV blaring, a barmaid who doesn't know whether to scowl or smile, but walks like an angel, and coffee you could die for.

Most of the local expats stick to the local English breakfast bars, and I go there too, but not this morning. I'm going to buy myself the El Pais, and sit in the corner trying to look intelligent, but in reality, I'm going there to admire the Spanish lifestyle, I'm going to watch and listen to them shouting at each other, waving their hands around, ignoring the fair stranger in their midst.

Magic.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 11:23 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Your post has rocked me. I've got to go to the cashpoint and post a letter this morning, but what I'm looking forward to is my Spanish bar, noisy, knee deep in fag ends, the TV blaring, a barmaid who doesn't know whether to scowl or smile, but walks like an angel, and coffee you could die for.

Most of the local expats stick to the local English breakfast bars, and I go there too, but not this morning. I'm going to buy myself the El Pais, and sit in the corner trying to look intelligent, but in reality, I'm going there to admire the Spanish lifestyle, I'm going to watch and listen to them shouting at each other, waving their hands around, ignoring the fair stranger in their midst.

Magic.
Lol....