Reload this Page >

Help moving to Gibraltar

Help moving to Gibraltar

Old Jan 23rd 2012, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Kylie1288 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Help moving to Gibraltar

Hi new to this but my partner has been posted to gib in April I am
Going to with my 3 year old daughter what is the best British school for her to go to and can anybody let me
Know of any letting agents web address? Or if they know anybody thanks k x
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 8:26 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help moving to Gibraltar

Originally Posted by Kylie1288
Going to with my 3 year old daughter what is the best British school for her to go to and can anybody let me
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 8:27 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kylie,

Welcome to BE, I hope you enjoy being part of our community.

Congratulations on your soon to be new life in Gibraltar.

I know it isn't really Spain related per se, but I've moved your thread into our Spain forum for you as that is where the majority of our Gibraltar related discussions take place. If you do a search on the forums you will find there are lots of threads about Gibraltar and someone may have already covered schools etc. But if not I'm sure some of our other members will be along soon to give you some pointers in the right direction.

Welcome again

Sue
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

Thanks very nervous as my family disagree with me going but I want to live my own life with my family eg my daughter and partner I have been to gib once as was in navy but this time will be alot different x
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 8:36 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very nervous as my family disagree with me going but I want to live my own life with my family eg my daughter and partner I have been to gib once as was in navy but this time will be alot different x
Type Gibralter in the search as there have been quite a few threads on moving there, despite being a different country.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 6:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Type Gibralter in the search as there have been quite a few threads on moving there, despite being a different country.
Beware the spelling police
Old Jan 24th 2012, 6:55 am
Just Joined

On my phone so the search bit don't work thaught ad get more help than this but hay ho xxx
Old Jan 24th 2012, 7:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

On my phone so the search bit don't work thaught ad get more help than this but hay ho xxx
Maybe a little patience and some self help are required along with a major change of attitude.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 7:16 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

understood, but try to get to a computer & do a search - hardly any of us live on Gib, most of those on the forum who work there live in Spain, and at the end of the day Gib isn't actually Spain..............
Old Jan 24th 2012, 8:20 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
understood, but try to get to a computer & do a search - hardly any of us live on Gib, most of those on the forum who work there live in Spain, and at the end of the day Gib isn't actually Spain..............
Can I just add that the people that live in Spain and work in Gibraltar are busy people and tend to put things on BE at weekends when they have a little more time.

Rosemary
Old Jan 24th 2012, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Sorry was not having an attitude and I know it is not Spain the admins put it here just wanted to know some info x
Old Jan 24th 2012, 10:12 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry was not having an attitude and I know it is not Spain the admins put it here just wanted to know some info x
I don't (m)any of us really think you have 'an attitude'........& all info on Gib can be found here on the Spain forum

you'll just have to either do a search or wait til those that have work or home connections there are around to answer you, as Rosemary said
Old Jan 24th 2012, 12:24 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kylie

Do you mean that you are going to live in Gib? That's quite rare - nearly all expats working in Gib live in Spain. So - do you mean letting agents for Spain or Gib? When you say British school - I kind of assume you mean in Spain because if you mean Gib - there aren't any British schools only Gib ones. If you mean British (i.e. International) schools in Spain - prepare for mega expense.

I agree with the previous posters - do a bit of research on existing threads - there is loads of info. Obviously anyone here will help with specific questions for which you can't find an answer.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 12:38 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by jimenato
Hi Kylie

Do you mean that you are going to live in Gib? That's quite rare - nearly all expats working in Gib live in Spain. So - do you mean letting agents for Spain or Gib? When you say British school - I kind of assume you mean in Spain because if you mean Gib - there aren't any British schools only Gib ones. If you mean British (i.e. International) schools in Spain - prepare for mega expense.

I agree with the previous posters - do a bit of research on existing threads - there is loads of info. Obviously anyone here will help with specific questions for which you can't find an answer.
all the schools on Gib teach in English though, don't they?

and the UK curriculum?
Old Jan 24th 2012, 1:06 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

No worries at all. It's not easy jumping into a online community, especially if one hasn't used them before. Not everyone is familiar with the layout, search function, bells and whistles etc.

Here are some recent threads on Gibraltar that you can start off with. It will also be a great way of connecting with others who are making the move (or have moved there) too.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=683155

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=683961

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=718827

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=743828

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=735567

You might also find the following link helpful:

Dept of Education

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.