Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Help ITV catch up

Help ITV catch up

Old May 20th 2008, 7:39 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help ITV catch up

Hi folks,
Just wondering if anyone can help me out with this service. I have registered with ITV catch up, so that the OH does not have to suffer while I watch the soaps. I get as far as selecting the episode and clicking on the arrow in the middle to start the video. NOTHING. I checked the conditions and read that the IP address is outside the UK. My computer was bought in Spain. I would like to know is there anyway of by passing this IP address lark, or would I be OK if I bought a computer from England? Thanks in advance.
Old May 20th 2008, 8:16 am
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help ITV catch up

Originally Posted by me me
Hi folks,
Just wondering if anyone can help me out with this service. I have registered with ITV catch up, so that the OH does not have to suffer while I watch the soaps. I get as far as selecting the episode and clicking on the arrow in the middle to start the video. NOTHING. I checked the conditions and read that the IP address is outside the UK. My computer was bought in Spain. I would like to know is there anyway of by passing this IP address lark, or would I be OK if I bought a computer from England? Thanks in advance.
Do a google search for "free UK proxy" and then google on how to add it to your browser settings.

Don't be alarmed if the first ones you try are not working as they may not be up at the present time. Keep trying and you should be fine.

Sorry I can not be more specific it's just the nature of the beast with so many different web browsers and the fact that the proxys are up and down it's impossible to say "use this and this is how you add the info"
Old May 20th 2008, 8:36 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much Zel, I will try later.
Old May 20th 2008, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

I have tried many proxy servers but although they disguise the fact that you are in Spain what you need is one that specifically shows that you are apparently located in the UK.

If you have any more specific recommendations, Zel, it would be appreciated.
Old May 20th 2008, 8:51 am
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
I have tried many proxy servers but although they disguise the fact that you are in Spain what you need is one that specifically shows that you are apparently located in the UK.

If you have any more specific recommendations, Zel, it would be appreciated.
You have to find one that is either 'transparent' or 'non-transparent' unfortunately I forget which.

I know when I was living in Portugal briefy last year the UK proxy I was using was fine at fooling and working on sites that needed a UK IP.

Problem is if the website loads an external viewer (say for example realplayer) then a web proxy is no good and you would need to see about obtaining a uk proxy for the player aswell. If however the video is embedded into the site (much like youtube) a web proxy should be fine.

Last edited by zel; May 20th 2008 at 9:04 am.
Old May 20th 2008, 10:13 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zel
You have to find one that is either 'transparent' or 'non-transparent' unfortunately I forget which.

I know when I was living in Portugal briefy last year the UK proxy I was using was fine at fooling and working on sites that needed a UK IP.

Problem is if the website loads an external viewer (say for example realplayer) then a web proxy is no good and you would need to see about obtaining a uk proxy for the player aswell. If however the video is embedded into the site (much like youtube) a web proxy should be fine.
i have used this page and many have worked ok for me.

http://www.freewebproxylist.com/UK_WebProxies.html