Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Help getting electricity supply

Help getting electricity supply

Old Jul 9th 2009, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

sparkyinspain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help getting electricity supply

I'm my wits end now, so I've come here to ask you very knowledgeable people for your help.

I bought a small town house with the intention of letting it out, in Sept. '08 and it had no wiring in it except for 1 socket and the consumer unit with the main cables going to the outside meter box. The main supply cables are already in there and are live.

I am an electrician, so I completed the rest of the wiring, and then I paid a local registered electrician to issue the certificate (bolletin) , which he did and he sent it directly to Iberdrola.
They eventually sent a letter asking for 110 Euros for the connection fee which I have paid.
I've now been waiting 8 months!!!

I've called their customer service line several times, and each time they say that they can't help and transfer me to another department. and the whole thing just goes round in circles. I've e-mailed them and they told me to call their customer service line

So if anybody can tell me what I can do next I'd be very grateful.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 4:30 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help getting electricity supply

Originally Posted by sparkyinspain
I'm my wits end now, so I've come here to ask you very knowledgeable people for your help.

I bought a small town house with the intention of letting it out, in Sept. '08 and it had no wiring in it except for 1 socket and the consumer unit with the main cables going to the outside meter box. The main supply cables are already in there and are live.

I am an electrician, so I completed the rest of the wiring, and then I paid a local registered electrician to issue the certificate (bolletin) , which he did and he sent it directly to Iberdrola.
They eventually sent a letter asking for 110 Euros for the connection fee which I have paid.
I've now been waiting 8 months!!!

I've called their customer service line several times, and each time they say that they can't help and transfer me to another department. and the whole thing just goes round in circles. I've e-mailed them and they told me to call their customer service line

So if anybody can tell me what I can do next I'd be very grateful.
Go back to your 'registered' electrician, he should be able to sort this for you.

When we went through this, our electrician spoke to Iberdrola and the meter was installed within the week.

Do you have a "cedula" (habitation licence)?
Old Jul 9th 2009, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the quick reply, but I've been back to the electrician and he's said that there is nothing more he can do, he just shruggs his shoulders and says that Iberdrola are rubbish (or words to that effect) and yes I have the habitation certificate
Old Jul 9th 2009, 5:04 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the quick reply, but I've been back to the electrician and he's said that there is nothing more he can do, he just shruggs his shoulders and says that Iberdrola are rubbish (or words to that effect) and yes I have the habitation certificate
Where abouts are you? <edit> Oops, just spotted that you're in Murcia - OK too far from me <edit>

I don't think your electrician is much cop! Ours has been far more helpful than that. Can you perhaps try another?
Old Jul 9th 2009, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks again, I've been thinking of going to another electrician, but as I've already paid him 500 euro I'm reluctant to throw good money after bad
Old Jul 10th 2009, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Thanks again, I've been thinking of going to another electrician, but as I've already paid him 500 euro I'm reluctant to throw good money after bad

Use a Gestoria based in the locality, they usually have all the contacts and in the Know, and more importantly if you end up in a legal battle you will have an independent record of all contacts and correspondence etc!
Old Jul 10th 2009, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

jgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nice

Too bad you don't have an American credit card. Otherwise you would simply pull the money back.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Managed to get through to the customer service line yesterday and they said they need a "hoja de instalaciones de enlace". Anybody know what this is and where I can get one?
Old Jul 12th 2009, 5:10 pm
Retired and loving it!

Managed to get through to the customer service line yesterday and they said they need a "hoja de instalaciones de enlace". Anybody know what this is and where I can get one?
Sounds to me like the boletin - how about asking your electrician who produced the boletin?