Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Advice on goat/donkey keeping.

Advice on goat/donkey keeping.

Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advice on goat/donkey keeping.

Does anyone have any experience or know anyone who keeps goats or donkeys.

We would like either two nannies or a goat and a donkey.

We have books etc but what about poisonous weeds etc they might come across when grazing etc?

Cabras are everywhere so I guess they cant be that difficult to care for.
Thanks.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:45 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on goat/donkey keeping.

A donkey eh?

Hmmm...
Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Is this for the rented property or Gibraltar ?
Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:58 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure they said they were thinking of buying a property in Gib as a rental, so not sure why thats causing such confusion.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I'm pretty sure they said they were thinking of buying a property in Gib as a rental, so not sure why thats causing such confusion.

It was a sarcastic reply, there is no confusion.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

This is for in Spain which is absolutely fine.

Ive only ever come across 1 donkey in Gib - off linewall road.

I expect you know that Gibraltar is a little bit limited for space for goat keeping.

This is a serious question and I wouldnt have thought that where they were kept was important.

I am seeking advice on their care.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:05 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by whitelinen
It was a sarcastic reply, there is no confusion.
But it was an implication that they were lying, therefore it was yet another nasty, snyde comment, and not one that was needed on a thread about goats and donkeys. I am not sure why you even bothered really because it was meant to be a dig and I cant understand why people are doing it all the time.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:06 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by paintermujer
This is for in Spain which is absolutely fine.

Ive only ever come across 1 donkey in Gib - off linewall road.

I expect you know that Gibraltar is a little bit limited for space for goat keeping.

This is a serious question and I wouldnt have thought that where they were kept was important.

I am seeking advice on their care.
I can put you onto someone who has a little experience of donkey keeping if you would like, but be warned, he is not for the faint hearted!
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:08 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry, call it Saturday morning blues, call it male PMT, call it what you like.....

...but surely I can't be the only one thinking that we've been here before with Mr & Mrs Painter????? (except it was Mr & Mrs whoever else)

Are they not setting themselves up in superb fashion????

There is spectacular optimism going on re their impending move (despite the fact their geography is totally nuts given that they refer to Gib as it is a hop, skip and jump away from Alicante)

Maybe it's the cynic in me (I keep telling him to go away!) and maybe, just maybe, the Aspe dream will turn out to be just as they wanted - Times and all.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Thankyou rugbymatt.

Like I said this is a serious question.

I wasnt going to ask for fear of some silly comment but we are very serious about it.

The books we have are english and I dont know enough about spanish flora.

When we buy animals they are friends for life so we have to get it right.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:11 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by paintermujer
Thankyou rugbymatt.

Like I said this is a serious question.

I wasnt going to ask for fear of some silly comment but we are very serious about it.

The books we have are english and I dont know enough about spanish flora.

When we buy animals they are friends for life so we have to get it right.
I will send you his e-mail, but as I said, be warned!
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
I'm sorry, call it Saturday morning blues, call it male PMT, call it what you like.....

...but surely I can't be the only one thinking that we've been here before with Mr & Mrs Painter????? (except it was Mr & Mrs whoever else)

Are they not setting themselves up in superb fashion????

There is spectacular optimism going on re their impending move (despite the fact their geography is totally nuts given that they refer to Gib as it is a hop, skip and jump away from Alicante)

Maybe it's the cynic in me (I keep telling him to go away!) and maybe, just maybe, the Aspe dream will turn out to be just as they wanted - Times and all.

No, you are not alone in your thinking
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

pm me with it and thanks.

Other to that Im out of this thread. I got the reaction I expected so dont waste you time talking about everything other than goats cos I am not interested.

Thankyou all so bloody much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:t humbdown:
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

Originally Posted by whitelinen
No, you are not alone in your thinking
oh lighten up you miserable sods

you wouldnt speak like this to someone in real life, but your hiding behind usernames (and this refers to many but not all of you). If you spoke to some people the way that you do, you would most likely end up in hospital now.

shes asking a serious question about bloody goats.

if you have nowt to say DONT SAY IT
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Some of you people are so sad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.