Help/Advice

Old Mar 19th 2020, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

SpanishLondoner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help/Advice

Evening all.
im struggling to pay my rent through leaving my job last November, I worked and paid into the system for 16 months.
A return to the UK was a consideration until 2 wks ago when my wife was diagnosed with an aggresive form of inflamatory breast cancer.
She starts her 1st of 12 sessions on Monday.
So we now need to be here for her health and treatment, her consultants have been great and know her and have set a plan for her.
So we must remain to ensure she gets the speedy treatment thats essential.
As well as the huge concern and worry for my wife, Ive also got the concern of not being able to keep a roof over our heads, again, what my wife needs.
Ive spoken to the British Consulate who cant really help?
Can anyone advise me of if they know how I can proceed or where I can go to get advice?
I know if we return to UK, my wife will be entitled to benefits, but I cant risk her health by taking her away from her treatment.
Thank you all for your time

Last edited by SpanishLondoner; Mar 19th 2020 at 8:32 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Be happy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help/Advice

Originally Posted by SpanishLondoner
Evening all.
im struggling to pay my rent through leaving my job last November, I worked and paid into the system for 16 months.
A return to the UK was a consideration until 2 wks ago when my wife was diagnosed with an aggresive form of inflamatory breast cancer.
She starts her 1st of 12 sessions on Monday.
So we now need to be here for her health and treatment, her consultants have been great and know her and have set a plan for her.
So we must remain to ensure she gets the speedy treatment thats essential.
As well as the huge concern and worry for my wife, Ive also got the concern of not being able to keep a roof over our heads, again, what my wife needs.
Ive spoken to the British Consulate who cant really help?
Can anyone advise me of if they know how I can proceed or where I can go to get advice?
I know if we return to UK, my wife will be entitled to benefits, but I cant risk her health by taking her away from her treatment.
Thank you all for your time
hi sorry to hear of this nightmare you find yourself in. I’m a trained welfare rights officer in Scotland (currently an unemployed driving instructor because of covid) so been helping lots of people to sort benefits / finances in this mess...
im on this forum as we had house up for sale and retiring to la Cala ASAP however life is now on hold like everyone else’s right now .... do you still need help ??
Old Mar 20th 2020, 9:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Be happy
hi sorry to hear of this nightmare you find yourself in. I’m a trained welfare rights officer in Scotland (currently an unemployed driving instructor because of covid) so been helping lots of people to sort benefits / finances in this mess...
im on this forum as we had house up for sale and retiring to la Cala ASAP however life is now on hold like everyone else’s right now .... do you still need help ??
Good morning and thanks for the reply.
Please yes, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old Mar 20th 2020, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/
Old Mar 20th 2020, 9:52 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning and thanks for the reply.
Please yes, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Is there a Spanish equivalent to the French "Assistante Sociale" in all Town Halls? If you were in France, she would direct you to organisations who could help you in your predicament....
Hope you find a solution....
Old Mar 20th 2020, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dmu
Is there a Spanish equivalent to the French "Assistante Sociale" in all Town Halls? If you were in France, she would direct you to organisations who could help you in your predicament....
Hope you find a solution....
Thanks for replying. At the moment, coronavirus is taking everyones time and attention. Rightly so. So am unable to go to a public building to try to discuss anything. But its now that we need the help. Catch 22.
Thanks again for taking time to reply.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 12:30 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for replying. At the moment, coronavirus is taking everyones time and attention. Rightly so. So am unable to go to a public building to try to discuss anything. But its now that we need the help. Catch 22.
Thanks again for taking time to reply.
Our town hall is closed to the public due to the lockdown, but can be contacted by telephone in an emergency. You are in an emergency, please telephone your Ayuntamiento...
Or, if your wife is being treated in a hospital, her Doctor or the in-house Assistante Sociale/Almoner should be able to advise on your options.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dmu
Our town hall is closed to the public due to the lockdown, but can be contacted by telephone in an emergency. You are in an emergency, please telephone your Ayuntamiento...
Or, if your wife is being treated in a hospital, her Doctor or the in-house Assistante Sociale/Almoner should be able to advise on your options.
Thanks, 1st chemo on Monday so will ask the consultant.
Thanks again, appreciated.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Lagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond reputeLagoo has a reputation beyond repute

You don't say if you've spoken to your landlord. If you left the place would be empty until the estate agents reopened, so if you explain the situation he/she may agree a rent-free or reduced period.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lagoo
You don't say if you've spoken to your landlord. If you left the place would be empty until the estate agents reopened, so if you explain the situation he/she may agree a rent-free or reduced period.
Hi, missed that bit, sorry.
Have asked, and am awaiting a reply!