Help!

Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

maximous will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Help!

Making my deposit payable through currenciesdirect.com is this the best way of getting the best deal for my sterling? I am letting go of 37000.00 euros and have been quoted about £25500.00 is this good? Any info would be appreciated :curse: :curse: :curse:
Old Apr 10th 2007, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all
Default Re: Help!

Originally Posted by maximous
Making my deposit payable through currenciesdirect.com is this the best way of getting the best deal for my sterling? I am letting go of 37000.00 euros and have been quoted about £25500.00 is this good? Any info would be appreciated :curse: :curse: :curse:
Don't accept the first deal you're offerred, barter with them or better still ring round a few currency houses for quotes and you will get a better deal.

A couple of phonecalls could save you alot of money!
Old Apr 10th 2007, 3:13 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thats 1.45, I've just got 1.465 on moving just £3000 via Sun-Pay last week but just checked on the site and its down to 1.457 ... Check around HIFX and ITT Money corp. Trouble is you have to register with them, and then on the day ring them all to see which is the better rate and then do the deal.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 3:14 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

4oo€ short on the medium exchange rate ;-)
Old Apr 10th 2007, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

XE.com are showing an exchange rate of 1.4666 to the pound which equates to pounds 25.227.40 so your 25.500.00 looks pretty good, the rate is not fantastic at the moment, I got 1.48 a few weeks ago and 1.50 a few eeks .. before that. Have you tried HIFX... http://www.hifx.co.uk/personal.aspx I have always found them very good..just my opinion......good luck...
Old Apr 10th 2007, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

Exclamation Re: Help!

Thanks for them responses folks, I have spoken on the phone today to me builder and solicitor who have also recommended the way I am going, so if I make a bit of Bubu it is not going to kill me by a fortune, just got extremely worried when I nearly did it through my own English bank and found out what they were going to charge me, so thankyou for all putting my mind at rest
Old Apr 10th 2007, 5:30 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

We bank with loydds tsb and their international dept always offered the best deal and it was pretty strait forward to iban it anywhere. All High St banks have international depts so its worth checking them out. Most offer a spot rate or a booked rate so for example todays rate is good you can book that rate at a prefixed sum of currency and make the transaction in a months time. Playing the currency market can be as lucrative as the stock market. but DO DO DO ASK AROUND because they play on people that are unsure of what they are doing.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 7:44 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
We bank with loydds tsb and their international dept always offered the best deal and it was pretty strait forward to iban it anywhere. All High St banks have international depts so its worth checking them out. Most offer a spot rate or a booked rate so for example todays rate is good you can book that rate at a prefixed sum of currency and make the transaction in a months time. Playing the currency market can be as lucrative as the stock market. but DO DO DO ASK AROUND because they play on people that are unsure of what they are doing.
We got the best deal with Lloyds also, much better than the moneymovers.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 8:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

xe.com are good too...
Old Apr 11th 2007, 6:04 am
Just Joined

Exclamation Re: Help!

think i may take a look at Llyods then folks, i'm all confused again :curse: but appreciate all your advise, thing is i am getting preasure to pay as i am a month late due to rangling over some extras i was promised on the villa the cheecky bunch tried to make me pay an extra 1000 euro for work they promised to do for me as part of the sale. But cheers members