Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Car Tax - where to renew?

Car Tax - where to renew?

Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:11 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car Tax - where to renew?

When I bought my car in Calpe region it was "taxed" until the end of this month. I don't know if a renewal is sent out, so where and how do you pay your road tax? Town Hall? Whats the procedure?
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:14 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Tax - where to renew?

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
When I bought my car in Calpe region it was "taxed" until the end of this month. I don't know if a renewal is sent out, so where and how do you pay your road tax? Town Hall? Whats the procedure?
Hi Mitzyboy,

Go to any SUMA office with the car registration papers and your NIE & passport. They will tell you if anything is pending and if so will give you the papers to go pay at a bank.

Martha
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:27 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I got a bill from the SUMA with a tear off receipt bit, and just had to go to my bank and pay, they stamped it, kept the bottom bit and I now have a stamped receipt in my car to show it is taxed. Much simpler than the UK, no need to show ITV or Insurance documents, and of course at 37 Euros a bit cheaper.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:37 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm beginning to get a bit concerned as I dug out the SUMA document from the previous owner. Its stamped as payment at the bank on 21 April 2006 and the document has 2006 on it. It says periodo de Pago 1/3/06 al 04/05/06 and Periodo Anual 2006.
No expiry date on it. Does this mean its covered from April 2006 to April 2007 do you think, or have I been careless.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:45 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I got a bill from the SUMA with a tear off receipt bit, and just had to go to my bank and pay, they stamped it, kept the bottom bit and I now have a stamped receipt in my car to show it is taxed. Much simpler than the UK, no need to show ITV or Insurance documents, and of course at 37 Euros a bit cheaper.
37 euros Not for a year surely
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

there is an office in Gandia - where you can go, they print you a copy and you pay - but I dont know if that would be any good to you ? perhaps there is one in oliva

I found them very helpful when I went to sort out mine

if you walk down the paseo (away from the market) turn right into san rafael and its either the 1st or 2nd road on your left - the offices are along on the left hand side

roughly here
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:54 pm
MnM

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

I'm beginning to get a bit concerned as I dug out the SUMA document from the previous owner. Its stamped as payment at the bank on 21 April 2006 and the document has 2006 on it. It says periodo de Pago 1/3/06 al 04/05/06 and Periodo Anual 2006.
No expiry date on it. Does this mean its covered from April 2006 to April 2007 do you think, or have I been careless.
Mitzyboy,

Suma tax for vehicles has to be paid by 4th May 2007 for this year (ie 2007). Go to the SUMA office and get the papers.

I think you're nearest office is in Denia....not sure! Here's the SUMA website again.

www.suma.es

Last edited by MnM; Apr 10th 2007 at 3:02 pm. Reason: Changed 5th May to 4th May...cause I made a boo boo!
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
Mitzyboy,

Suma tax for vehicles has to be paid by 5th May 2007 this year. Go to the SUMA office and get the papers.
I think it varies from area to area - Alicante is different to Valencia, ours isnt sent out til July I think it is and then we have til September to pay
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:58 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by spain
there is an office in Gandia - where you can go, they print you a copy and you pay - but I dont know if that would be any good to you ? perhaps there is one in oliva

I found them very helpful when I went to sort out mine

if you walk down the paseo (away from the market) turn right into san rafael and its either the 1st or 2nd road on your left - the offices are along on the left hand side
Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow ... the offices are marked as SUMA?
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:59 pm
MnM

Originally Posted by spain
I think it varies from area to area - Alicante is different to Valencia, ours isnt sent out til July I think it is and then we have til September to pay
Hi spain,

Not sure, but I know for this area it is voluntary payment up to the 4th of May, otherwise you get a % on top.

Check with your gestor to be on the safe side
Old Apr 10th 2007, 3:01 pm
MnM

Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow ... the offices are marked as SUMA?
Yes....like this:

P.S.Mitzyboy, your nearest office is Pego:

Last edited by MnM; Apr 10th 2007 at 3:36 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 3:55 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by MnM
Hi Mitzyboy,

Go to any SUMA office with the car registration papers and your NIE & passport. They will tell you if anything is pending and if so will give you the papers to go pay at a bank.

Martha
Err, just realised my passport is at the British embassy in Madrid .... oh dear!
Old Apr 10th 2007, 3:57 pm
MnM

Err, just realised my passport is at the British embassy in Madrid .... oh dear!
Don't worry. They will accept a simple copy and if you have your NIE number or residencia (whichever applies) they will help you out.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Suma Office in Denia is back to back with Correos (the old one, as apparently a new one opened a couple of weeks ago). The road runs off Plaza Jaime and I am 90 percent sure it is Passeig Del Saladar.

If you are walking up from the Port, then it is on the rh side of the street.

The 4th May is also the deadline for council tax in this area. It is now possible to register and manage your affairs online with SUMA, so pick up a leaflet while you are there.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MnM
Hi spain,

Not sure, but I know for this area it is voluntary payment up to the 4th of May, otherwise you get a % on top.

Check with your gestor to be on the safe side
just looking at last 2 years "document de pagament en voluntaria" and the period of payment is 15th July - end of Sept

issued by - Diputacio de Valencia, Ajuntament d'Adjutaments

Their address in Gandia is shown as c/Marquesa de Jura Real n0 3 (antigua c/Bolivia) - Gandia is your nearest office, there are others in Xativa, Albaida, Valencia that I can give you the address´s for if you want

as I remember it doesnt say SUMA on the outside of the building Mitzyboy it says Diputacio de Valencia

Hope this helps, as I say they were pretty helpful when I went, they looked up my name and there was a history of my car taxes, council tax, rubbish etc and they told me which were outstanding and printed me off copies - dont think you can actually pay there you just take it to the bank

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.