Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hello from Javea

Hello from Javea

Old Feb 5th 2012, 10:19 am
Just Joined

Emma_G has a brilliant futureEmma_G has a brilliant futureEmma_G has a brilliant futureEmma_G has a brilliant futureEmma_G has a brilliant futureEmma_G has a brilliant future
Default Hello from Javea

I have recently moved to the Javea area of the Costa Blanca region. I am new to using these forums so just wanted to post a hello to you all. Any other Expats near the Javea region out there? Hope you have a good day.

Emma
Old Feb 5th 2012, 10:32 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Javea

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 5th 2012, 10:35 am
Just Joined

Emma_G has a brilliant futureEmma_G has a brilliant futureEmma_G has a brilliant futureEmma_G has a brilliant futureEmma_G has a brilliant futureEmma_G has a brilliant future

Thank you Rosemary. Hope you have a good day
Old Feb 5th 2012, 12:37 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we are relatively nearby and I go to Javea fairly regularly as I am a member of the Photography Club there (MACC).

Lynnxa on here is also in that area near the port, but she's not around at the moment ... mine of information on schools etc and teaches Spanish
Old Feb 5th 2012, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Emma welcome, am sure lorra people from the area here, have fun xx
Old Feb 7th 2012, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Hello to you both
Old Feb 7th 2012, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

How are you getting on? hope ypou are enjoying yourself and your new life
Old Feb 7th 2012, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Great thanks. Just on the look out for some tutoring work in the Javea area. I was a teacher when I was in the UK.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 11:24 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emma_G
Great thanks. Just on the look out for some tutoring work in the Javea area. I was a teacher when I was in the UK.
have you tried Lourde LES, or XIC? They are the two International schools in the area

are you primary or secondary - & if secondary which subject(s) do you teach?

there are often parents with kids in the Spanish state system who are looking for extra help for their kids with maths, especially, or so that they don't forget how to read & write in English

of course, for maths or other homework support you'd need to speak Spanish and/or Valenciano

I used to do English & other subject homework support - I just handed out leaflets outside the primary schools
Old Feb 7th 2012, 11:38 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info. I am Primary School trained but I am also an English graduate. I am currently volunteering at a local international school once a week which I really enjoy. My Spanish language knowledge although growing is at a basic level.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

Casslar has a brilliant futureCasslar has a brilliant futureCasslar has a brilliant futureCasslar has a brilliant futureCasslar has a brilliant futureCasslar has a brilliant future

Hello back at you, from the other side of the Montgo in Denia,

We lived in Javea for 3 years, and were very happy there, hope you settle in well and have a great time
Old Feb 9th 2012, 1:24 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Casslar
Hello back at you, from the other side of the Montgo in Denia,

We lived in Javea for 3 years, and were very happy there, hope you settle in well and have a great time
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 9th 2012, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Casslar has a brilliant futureCasslar has a brilliant futureCasslar has a brilliant futureCasslar has a brilliant futureCasslar has a brilliant futureCasslar has a brilliant future

Thanks very much Rosemary, I have been having a good read around some of the longer and livelier threads in this forum, very interesting stuff - and clearly a full-on job of moderating, nice one!
Old Feb 11th 2012, 8:47 am
Just Joined

Thank you Casslar I am really enjoying living in Javea. Denia is a very nice place too .
Old Feb 14th 2012, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

HAPPYHAPPY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Emma_G
I have recently moved to the Javea area of the Costa Blanca region. I am new to using these forums so just wanted to post a hello to you all. Any other Expats near the Javea region out there? Hope you have a good day.

Emma
Hi

We are in Javea, moved here 2 months ago.

We are still in limbo, getting rental contract, nie's and padron sorted. I am looking forward to being settled.

Happy Valentines day!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.