Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hello........and cheerio for a little while!

Hello........and cheerio for a little while!

Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hello........and cheerio for a little while!

Hi all

I haven't been on the forum very much at all just lately; although I have enjoyed catching up with reading several threads this evening.

I'm off to the UK on Monday (16th) and won't be back until 9th August, so I just wanted to say "hi" and "bye!!"

I'm going specifically to see the lad I used to support at school (and all his classmates) because they're all leaving Primary school and venturing out into the big world!
I'm going to join in all their celebrations at the end of term
When I first started work with them, they were all gappy toothed 7 year olds, and now here they are taking a bit step into the next part of their lives, bless them.
Leaving my job (and my parents!) were the only things I was sad about when we left the UK, so this will be a nice trip - even if the weather is abysmal!

Hopefully, I'm going to be meeting up with one of the UK members of the forum too, so that will be very exciting

Have been really busy with various jobs and things just recently, and am now trying to get all sorts of other things done before I go away!
Nothing mind blowing, or even remotely interesting really; just "stuff"

No doubt I'll miss all sorts of things on here while I'm away, and I won't have a hope of catching up with everything when I get back!

Just wanted to wish everyone well, and will look forward to chatting again next month.

Take care all

Love Sam xx
Old Jul 12th 2007, 11:01 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello........and cheerio for a little while!

Bye then drive carefully
Old Jul 12th 2007, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Bye then drive carefully

Thanks Pete,

Thankfully I'm not doing any driving (not my favourite activity!)

Nice short flight Madrid to Bristol, and then lots of lovely friends ferrying me around from place to place in my old neck of the woods

Was up till 3am today, planning various train and coach options for when I want to venture a bit further afield.
You'll be proud of me though - managed to find several bargains

Hope to hear you've got a buyer for your house by the time I come back.
Best of luck on that front.

Cheers!
Sam.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

BriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant future

Hmmmmmm
"Sam" "Drive" and "Carefully" not 3 words you would usually put in the same sentance!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 7:08 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisca
Hi all

I haven't been on the forum very much at all just lately; although I have enjoyed catching up with reading several threads this evening.

I'm off to the UK on Monday (16th) and won't be back until 9th August, so I just wanted to say "hi" and "bye!!"

I'm going specifically to see the lad I used to support at school (and all his classmates) because they're all leaving Primary school and venturing out into the big world!
I'm going to join in all their celebrations at the end of term
When I first started work with them, they were all gappy toothed 7 year olds, and now here they are taking a bit step into the next part of their lives, bless them.
Leaving my job (and my parents!) were the only things I was sad about when we left the UK, so this will be a nice trip - even if the weather is abysmal!

Hopefully, I'm going to be meeting up with one of the UK members of the forum too, so that will be very exciting

Have been really busy with various jobs and things just recently, and am now trying to get all sorts of other things done before I go away!
Nothing mind blowing, or even remotely interesting really; just "stuff"

No doubt I'll miss all sorts of things on here while I'm away, and I won't have a hope of catching up with everything when I get back!

Just wanted to wish everyone well, and will look forward to chatting again next month.

Take care all

Love Sam xx

Bye Sam, can you promise that when you do get back you will be on here a little bit more? We miss you, all these lot are nasty to me and I cant cope anymore!!

You have a good time back here, and enjoy the reunion.

Love Matt.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 7:32 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

You will have a great time being reunited with the lads that you supported. They have probably all changed so much, learnt and adapted to various things and you will be thrilled to see their achievements.

Enjoy being with your friends and family and generally have a great time. It sounds like you will be so busy that you will need to come back to Spain for a rest.

We will miss you but so happy that you are to have this wonderful feedback.

Rosemary
Old Jul 13th 2007, 7:54 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Wishing for good weather for you whilst you are over there Sam, have a safe journey and helluva good time
Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:29 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Have a good trip Sam. And I'd just like to echo what Matt said. Your absence of late is noted I hope you find time to visit us more.

No doubt Mr B will be in Poker heaven during your trip away

Me and Smarties await you at the tables Sir
Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:50 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a great time Sam and enjoy meeting the lads you used to support There will still be plenty of sunshine here for you when you get back so dont let the rain get you down
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:11 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Sam,
Really nice to hear from you again,noticed your absence.I do hope you have a wonderful three weeks here,and lets wish for better weather during your stay.Im sure everyone is looking forward to your homecoming and you will have a whale of a time.Its a pity you are going to be so far away from Yorks,we could of had a meet-up,take good care and have a safe journey.xxxxxxx
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

BriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jandy44
Hello Sam,
Really nice to hear from you again,noticed your absence.I do hope you have a wonderful three weeks here,and lets wish for better weather during your stay.Im sure everyone is looking forward to your homecoming and you will have a whale of a time.Its a pity you are going to be so far away from Yorks,we could of had a meet-up,take good care and have a safe journey.xxxxxxx
Sam is having enough trouble deciding what to wear without having to consider wellies too!
20kg on Easyjet is just not enough, how do you pack for an english summer? Bless her, I'm steering clear.
Hope you came out unscathed in the floods Jandy!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:48 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BriscasBetterHalf
Sam is having enough trouble deciding what to wear without having to consider wellies too!
20kg on Easyjet is just not enough, how do you pack for an English summer? Bless her, I'm steering clear.
Hope you came out unscathed in the floods Jandy!
Hi thank goodness the floods did not effect us at all,we live on a hill,there were hundreds that are still affected to this day.Its been horrendous for thousands,terrible.Its raining again today,for a change....we havn,t had very many dry days for a month or so now,not good.It isn,t cold though,so she should be OK with summer clothes.........although having said that she will need a wooly for the evenings
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:49 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

And a brolly!

Ain't Global Warming great?
Old Jul 13th 2007, 9:52 am
Young at heart

Originally Posted by derbyflan
And a brolly!

Ain't Global Warming great?
NO NO NO she wont need a brolly,our Sams on the way with the sun behind her..........
Old Jul 13th 2007, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

TTFN and dont forget your fleece.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.