Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Heated Swimming Pool

Heated Swimming Pool

Old Sep 10th 2009, 10:11 am
Just Joined

milocoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Heated Swimming Pool

Hi new to this forum, not an Expat but want some advice about a holiday rental in the Costa Blanca area. A company called Villaplus advertise villas with heated pools claiming up to 28 C all year round. In the first week of October will an unheated pool for a 50 year old be "freezing and heart attack time getting in it" and if someone has experience of a heated pool will it be worth the extra or will things in practice mean it`s only really a slight improvement ? If anyone has a villa for rent in the Javea/Denia or Moraira/ Jalon Valley area at a good price for 7 nights from 3rd October with a pool for 2 adults then get in touch please ? [email protected]
Old Sep 10th 2009, 10:59 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heated Swimming Pool

Originally Posted by milocoon
Hi new to this forum, not an Expat but want some advice about a holiday rental in the Costa Blanca area. A company called Villaplus advertise villas with heated pools claiming up to 28 C all year round. In the first week of October will an unheated pool for a 50 year old be "freezing and heart attack time getting in it" and if someone has experience of a heated pool will it be worth the extra or will things in practice mean it`s only really a slight improvement ? If anyone has a villa for rent in the Javea/Denia or Moraira/ Jalon Valley area at a good price for 7 nights from 3rd October with a pool for 2 adults then get in touch please ? [email protected]
not a good idea to put your e-mail address

it's hard to say - I have swum in Ocober in an unheated swimming pool in Javea - but some Octobers are too cold & wet to go near a pool

however if the pool was heated I might swim - I know my kids definitely would
Old Sep 10th 2009, 11:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Our unheated but solar bubble covered pool is currently just under 30 on top, 28 at the bottom, which is already dropping away from the 34/30 it was about three weeks ago. I know people happy to swim when it´s 20, but my personal preference is about 25/26 & above. That´s not take your breath away, it´s refreshing. DD has swum on her Halloween birthday, but only for a minute or two. We all generally think mid/late September is a rule of thumb cut-off but as Lynn says, it´s all down to the weather.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by milocoon
Definitely go for the heated pool. For the relatively modest cost they will charge it has to be worth it, just knowing you can get in without a sharp intake of breath and then "it's ok once you've been in for a while".
Old Sep 10th 2009, 11:39 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Our unheated but solar bubble covered pool is currently just under 30 on top, 28 at the bottom, which is already dropping away from the 34/30 it was about three weeks ago. I know people happy to swim when it´s 20, but my personal preference is about 25/26 & above. That´s not take your breath away, it´s refreshing. DD has swum on her Halloween birthday, but only for a minute or two. We all generally think mid/late September is a rule of thumb cut-off but as Lynn says, it´s all down to the weather.
dd1 has announced that she intends to swim at least once a week throughout the year from now on
Old Sep 10th 2009, 11:41 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyS
Definitely go for the heated pool. For the relatively modest cost they will charge it has to be worth it, just knowing you can get in without a sharp intake of breath and then "it's ok once you've been in for a while".
We have a heated pool but haven't needed to use it (the heating that is) over the summer, obviously. This last week I've turned it on and started to use the solar cover as the temp. had dropped to 28.

In October I think the temp. in the pool (on average) will drop to low to mid 20's - probably best to go for a heated one if you can.

Originally Posted by lynnxa
dd1 has announced that she intends to swim at least once a week throughout the year from now on
Yeh, right - our children said that last year! They went in most times but when it was colder, they were fully dressed! Even then it wore thin after a while.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
This last week I've turned it on and started to use the solar cover
We keep the cover on year round, it saves loads in evaporation not to mention liking the exquisite sharp intake of breath from burnt toes in high summer!