Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Health and Safety

Health and Safety

Old Aug 30th 2008, 2:32 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health and Safety

The trouble is, if you extend H&S to its logical conclusion, you couldn't even get out of bed in the mornings without producing a risk assessment.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 3:45 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
The trouble is, if you extend H&S to its logical conclusion, you couldn't even get out of bed in the mornings without producing a risk assessment.
yes health and saftey is a load of bollocks.last night when it was time for making looove.I had to errect a scaffold to climbe on top of the wardrobe wear a yellow vest and a hard hat,and wear a safty harness.put a safty air bag on the bed.all that happend when i jumped of the top off the wardrobe onto the bed. I bounced and burnt my bum on the light that broke and it was live as well.(240 volts) then the harness rapped around my private parts and I came down sceaming with the pain.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 6:01 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
H&S in Spain? Oil and Water come to mind !!!
I said the EU has a lot more legislation - I didn't say that Spain had enacted any of it
Old Aug 31st 2008, 10:25 am
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...irs-homes.html
Old Aug 31st 2008, 10:30 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, how are you and what are you up to nowadays?

Rosemary
Old Aug 31st 2008, 10:36 am
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

Alrite! I'm living in Elche and have a new job stripping cars for parts, really enjoy it!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 10:42 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop
Alrite! I'm living in Elche and have a new job stripping cars for parts, really enjoy it!
I was just thinking about you the other day!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 10:55 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop
Glad you are OK, betris will give you some tips on your work. Lol
Old Aug 31st 2008, 11:17 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Glad you are OK, betris will give you some tips on your work. Lol
If I disclose the secrets he will be unemployed because he will be binning them faster than they are comming in.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 2:22 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Have missed you on here. So glad that things have worked out for you and that you are still enjoying Spain.

Rosemary
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 3:13 pm
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice

health and safety in england has become a joke ive a small buisness its crazy . puplic liability insurance is going up every year .but ive got to have it .the spanish moto is if you hurt your self its your own fault i like it thats why im selling up and of to almeria. any time soon helen
Old Sep 5th 2008, 1:57 pm

OK so we initially had the man up the tall ladder being pushed around the street last night we had another scene of so called H & S.

Last night our illumination had to be switched off for the correfoc's, so two men from the town hall came along at the last minute, put up a step ladder and switched them off.....perfectly reasonable and safe....agree. However, when the correfoc was over along came a car and mounted the pavement but then moved off again as the men had spotted the green rubbish bin. So they pulled the bin up onto the pavement and stood on that to switch the lights back on.........you think you have seen it all.....but deep down you know you have not!!!!!!

Then again Correfoc and H & S........mmmmmm not sure if they can be in the same post.

Rosemary
Old Sep 9th 2008, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I read in this week's Sunday Times that an English council had refused to send someone to attend to a blocked drain as they didn't have anyone trained to work in Wellington boots!!!!! I know you shouldn't believe everything you read in the papers, but somehow this has the ring of truth about it.

When I worked as a public sector office manager in England H&S was the bane of my life, unbelievable how much time all the risk assessments, follow-up risk assessments, monthly inspections, evacuation drills, reports on evacuation drills, and so on ad nauseum took up. And all that for an office environment where about the most serious thing that ever happend to anybody was a paper cut.

Thank goodness that culture hasn't reached Spain yet, or I would never get any furniture delivered to my house or building work done, as it can't be accessed by cars or vans. When we ordered new sofas, a man carried a 3 seater sofa up the street balanced on his head and thought nothing of it. Goodness knows what the manual handling gurus back in the UK would have said.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 7:29 am

We could not believe our eyes a couple of days ago because there was a young man replacing a sheet of roof glass for one of our neighbours and we saw him putting on a body harness. The harness was then attached to the tv ariel pole with rope, this enabled him to lean over from another roof SAFELY.

Also yesterday a scaffold was erected next door to us ready for the house to be re-plastered and low and behold last night the scaffolding had a light on it. The people had used one of the plug in, clip on type of lights but nonetheless it was a light.

Two instances of H & S in one week is just too much to bear.

Rosemary
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 7:49 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
We could not believe our eyes a couple of days ago because there was a young man replacing a sheet of roof glass for one of our neighbours and we saw him putting on a body harness. The harness was then attached to the tv ariel pole with rope, this enabled him to lean over from another roof SAFELY.

Also yesterday a scaffold was erected next door to us ready for the house to be re-plastered and low and behold last night the scaffolding had a light on it. The people had used one of the plug in, clip on type of lights but nonetheless it was a light.

Two instances of H & S in one week is just too much to bear.

Rosemary

I think they've been reading this thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.