Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Health Card/Doctor for over 65's.

Health Card/Doctor for over 65's.

Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health Card/Doctor for over 65's.

Originally Posted by Fred James
If you are not covered by an E121 and don't have Spanish state health cover and are not resident in the UK then it seems that you will not be able to get an EHIC at all!
Thanks - I have state health cover.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

If living in Spain and on the Spanish health system through being a pensioner how do we go about getting the equivalent of a EHIC. I see from May the UK Government will be issuing them but until then.................
Old Dec 5th 2009, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

Mine is valid until the 14th May so I would think you still get them renewed here in Spain until that date.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jo-ann
Mine is valid until the 14th May so I would think you still get them renewed here in Spain until that date.
Yes but where do you go to get them done before then?
Old Dec 5th 2009, 12:38 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

The local INSS office will issue them while you wait.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 12:44 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

The local INSS office will issue them while you wait.
You just have to wait for 22 hours
Old Dec 5th 2009, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Yes but where do you go to get them done before then?
The centre is near the bus station in Chiclana, just turn right and I think its down the 2nd turning on the left, just tell the girl on the desk what you want and you will be sent through, easy peasy
Old Dec 5th 2009, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Jo, cannot you do it online?
Old Dec 6th 2009, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Jo, cannot you do it online?
No afraid not, you have to go in person, if you are still on the old residencia card then they will only give you the health card up to the expiry date of the residencia, last January we only got 3 months as our residencia ran out then. But when we went back we got the year.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jo-ann
No afraid not, you have to go in person, if you are still on the old residencia card then they will only give you the health card up to the expiry date of the residencia, last January we only got 3 months as our residencia ran out then. But when we went back we got the year.
Damm, ours ran out last month.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You just have to wait for 22 hours
You're not far wrong.

The first time I went for one, there were 9 people in front of me in the queue. After 45 minutes, there were still 7 people in front of me.

I didn't wait.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ex-Bournemouth, Dorset, UK....Now in Sabariego, Nr Alcala la Real, Jaén
ricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the roughricardoylucia is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I think you will find your worries are unfounded. Just think, if you don't work throughout most of your life in the UK (i.e. bringing up kids as a housewife) you are still entitled to free healthcare in the UK.

Have you had a pension forecast as well?

I haven't worked anywhere for 4 years and am still OK for health care even as a dependent
Hi Mitzyboy

Thank you for reply and hopefully, if my worries are unfounded, I may get a result.

As far as a pension forecast is concerned, that is a different matter. I was supposed to have been sent to me back in August all the necessary documentation, but the International Pension Centre (IPC) in Newcastle, said one could do the form filling online.

This was done in October, then when I thought I had received a forecast, it turned out to be more forms to fill out. We are now into November, when everything was sent back to the IPC. They said to me, it takes about 4 weeks to process, so, any day now, I should hear what I should receive.

I have a small private pension and the pension provider is trying to determine what the Guaranteed Minimum Pension, I should be receiving. This is excluding any supplementary pension monies. Eg - for a spouse etc.

Tomorrow, I shall be telephoning IPC at Newcastle again, to try and get more answers, but I do not hold out much joy, in that respect. I find them to be a small pain in the butt.

Regards
Old Dec 6th 2009, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ricardoylucia
Hi Mitzyboy

Thank you for reply and hopefully, if my worries are unfounded, I may get a result.

As far as a pension forecast is concerned, that is a different matter. I was supposed to have been sent to me back in August all the necessary documentation, but the International Pension Centre (IPC) in Newcastle, said one could do the form filling online.

This was done in October, then when I thought I had received a forecast, it turned out to be more forms to fill out. We are now into November, when everything was sent back to the IPC. They said to me, it takes about 4 weeks to process, so, any day now, I should hear what I should receive.

I have a small private pension and the pension provider is trying to determine what the Guaranteed Minimum Pension, I should be receiving. This is excluding any supplementary pension monies. Eg - for a spouse etc.

Tomorrow, I shall be telephoning IPC at Newcastle again, to try and get more answers, but I do not hold out much joy, in that respect. I find them to be a small pain in the butt.

Regards
They are a pain in the butt. They have a standard reply when you call just to put you off. The only way around it is to ask to speak to a supervisor/manager then suddenly they can´t do enough for you.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 4:49 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

They are a pain in the butt. They have a standard reply when you call just to put you off. The only way around it is to ask to speak to a supervisor/manager then suddenly they can´t do enough for you.
You may have had a bad experience but, personally, I have only had superb service from them.

When they are busy you have the option to get them to call you back, at their cost, and they have always done so.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 12:44 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

You may have had a bad experience but, personally, I have only had superb service from them.

When they are busy you have the option to get them to call you back, at their cost, and they have always done so.
I have to agree Fred, we have ALWAYS had great service from them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.