Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Heading for Europe

Heading for Europe

Old Jun 27th 2014, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heading for Europe

Originally Posted by EMR
If Just to the left of centre is waht you mean then we are the majority of the voting public,
Was the world a safer place before Cheney and crew or NOT ?.
If you get the wrong people in power, the world becomes a dangerous place - irrespective of Left vs Right.

So, was the world a safer place before Cheney and crew or NOT ? My answer to that is yes. Bush, Cheney and their cronies were fundamentally thick when it came to foreign policy (some say thick full stop) - not whether they were Republican or Democrat.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 2:56 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I can't speak for Africans, but the desperate Mexicans and Guatemalans I know are most definitely aware of the risks and know why they are coming - to help their families survive. I would imagine those from African counties are well aware of how many drown, just as Mexicans and Guatemalans are aware of how many die in the desert crossing. All the families will know.

Yes, they have to survive if there are not jobs, but surely the answer is not to encourage people to shoot at them. That won't enable them to go home either. I suppose all I'm saying is that nothing will be accomplished by simply viewing them as the enemy and encouraging others to do the same. It will only harden the lines more. Their countries of origin need proper economic assistance that will actually build them up and allow them to establish systems of government. Until that happens, they will keep on coming.
what a load of old tosh (the less polite version I will not put out on a family forum)
Europe/USA have been pumping in $trillions into these countries for decades both as aid and as payment for resources. What have they done with the money? Other than had dictators who take more than the cream off the top.
Those countries have no better facilities now than they had 65 years ago, just more people. They suffer famines in known famine areas because they do not listen to what they are told by white men who try to give them instructions on agricultural stability and maintenance. When aid organisations ship food over less than 10% gets to the areas of need - once again the fat get fatter and the rich get richer.
They wander into other areas and are shot in large numbers for doing so. But we can't shoot them if they wander a few thousand miles into our areas, think of the uproar there would be.

So, having provided them with economic assistance for the past 65 years which they have frittered away they now wish to come to us and spend another 65 years getting more direct economic aid direct from the so called rich countries who really cannot afford it and do not have the resources to provide them with assistance.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day but he will come back for another free fish the next day and the next and the next ...........
teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime all you can hope is that he doesn't revert to his lazy ways and can't be bothered to fish because it is hard work compared with the guy next door who has someone come by with free fish.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

On another forum that I visit, suggestions have been made that boats like this should b e sunk to deter illegal migrants. The idea makes me uneasy, but.....................
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
On another forum that I visit, suggestions have been made that boats like this should b e sunk to deter illegal migrants. The idea makes me uneasy, but.....................
But...........

Someone trying to disrupt this thread no doubt.
Not particularly clever.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 7:07 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Originally Posted by lutonlad
But...........

Someone trying to disrupt this thread no doubt.
Not particularly clever.
I've met several people from Scotland who think this way about immigrants. Hopefully in a few months time they'll go away and we'll be able to ignore them.
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 11:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

So what should be done ?