Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Hayfever & Wheezing in Marbella

Hayfever & Wheezing in Marbella

Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future
Default Hayfever & Wheezing in Marbella

Please tell me its not just me....we are suffering really badly at the moment with hayfever. I have never had wheezing before and have it now along with slight cough....I just hope that it is actually allergy and nothing more serious.

Anyone else suffering? Any tips? Its really awful.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all
Default Re: Hayfever & Wheezing in Marbella

I was in Benalmadena - not too far up the road from you- last week. My eyes were streaming the first few days but were better after I got some sunglasses. My sun gets hayfever and he was suffering slightly for the whole time we were out there.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

Originally Posted by sunnydee
I was in Benalmadena - not too far up the road from you- last week. My eyes were streaming the first few days but were better after I got some sunglasses. My sun gets hayfever and he was suffering slightly for the whole time we were out there.
So, Thats Sunnydee`s sun, or is it son ?
Old Jun 1st 2007, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jonsol
So, Thats Sunnydee`s sun, or is it son ?
LOL - didn't notice that. It's SON. I have only had 3 hours sleep as I got back from Spain at 7 this morning!
Old Jun 1st 2007, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

Oh and a couple of glasses of wine tonight
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 5:15 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunnydee
Oh and a couple of glasses of wine tonight
it's been bad up this way too..........my dd is just getting over the worst bout she has ever had
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 10:41 am
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Oh i know exactly how you feel, my hayfever has come on early this year its normally June but been feeling it since eaerly may. Also have been wheezing and coughing, feel like ive got asthma or something.

Eyes have been streaming too.

And i was hoping for fresh sea air hehehe.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future

At least its not just me....last night was the first night i was ok, but then this morning was really bad. I really feel for asthma sufferers if this is what they go through all the time. The wheezing is horrible, quite scary when its at its worst.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 2:00 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j0197
Please tell me its not just me....we are suffering really badly at the moment with hayfever. I have never had wheezing before and have it now along with slight cough....I just hope that it is actually allergy and nothing more serious.

Anyone else suffering? Any tips? Its really awful.
Mine has been bad here this year, under control now, but had to go to docs to get various sprays, mind you they are also available otc.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 2:52 pm
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I got it bad today, sneezing itchy eyes.. horrible.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Sugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of light

I get hayfever really bad and I am still living in the uk at the min, but I use Beconnaise allergy spray it is wonderful and is available over the counter its about 2.70 GBP and you only have to spray it once every 24 hours its a godsend even when I have a cold and can't breathe at night it relieves all my symptoms.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

jo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to beholdjo-ann is a splendid one to behold

Its been very bad since May here on the Costa de la Luz, my normal prescription of Zolistan did not help at all, I am now on something stronger called Ebastel Forte and that seems to be helping, but its taken 3 weeks to do so. Its the cough that has been the worst thing for me, all night long so not much sleep. Mine seems to last right through July but we are in the campo so lots of pollen around.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Hola!
Here's an interesting article in The Oracle re: pollen allergies.
http://www.theoraclecostadelaluz.com...t/view/318/27/
I suffer/ed badly from allergic rhinitis & a. conjunctivitis (sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes) in the UK, from May til June. Symptoms eased off a bit until this recent visit to Spain/Portugal, especially in the campo. Head for the beach!
Some tips: Wear sunglasses (or spectacles); avoid the outdoors in the early evening, when the temperature drops and the pollen circulating in the upper atmosphere descends with the cooler air; take medication (antihistamines=antialergicas, usually one a day) mid-day, so that best effect is felt late afternoon/early evening and thru the night; and, wash your hair before you go to bed, or at least change the pillow slip daily! Some antihistamines help ease the symptoms of hayfever if taken before the onset of the hayfever season. Be aware of any coughing/wheezing/asthmatic symptoms and, accordingly, consult your GP/pharmacist, if in any doubt.
Regards,
Carol
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

big mul is an unknown quantity at this point

i have just moved over here but used to suffer with it in the uk. yesterday i went to the local private doctor and had an injection for it wich will last all sumer. best thing to do in my opinion.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 4:51 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

My hayfever has finished now. It started early April and ended last week. It was bad though, I needed my inhaler every night my chest was so tight. I took a one a day tablet when I went to bed to help me get through the night then about 2pm I would top up with a 4 hourly one. So yes I was taking too much but I was determined I wasnt going to suffer more than I had to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.