Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Has the UK gone totally insane?

Has the UK gone totally insane?

Old Jul 11th 2011, 3:34 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has the UK gone totally insane?

Originally Posted by bil
Tories and Labour will both screw you and are as useless as each other. (the reason I don't criticise the useless Liberals is they have as much chance of weilding real power as I have flying to the moon.)

The difference is that Labour has to pay lip service to the poor.

There's nothing quite so offensive in my eyes as rich politicians with a couple of homes screwing the rest of us out of our hard earned.
does that include people like 2Jags Prescoe who had 3 homes, one of which was supplied by the National Union of Seamen that he had his son living in ??

does that include people like the main Union leaders with chauffeur driven cars, large houses provided by union and salaries just under £200,000 who tell workers on £14k to go on strike for the good of the country and their future ??

does that include Baroness Uddin (Labour) who claimed £100k expenses against an empty flat she put down as her main residence whilst living in a large house owned by a Housing Association and paying minimal rent ??

Labour doesn't pay lipservice to the poor - demands it from the poor more like

(i was brought up in a strictly Labour household with its roots in the Welsh mining community and can see graft a mile off)
Old Jul 11th 2011, 5:14 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
does that include people like 2Jags Prescoe who had 3 homes, one of which was supplied by the National Union of Seamen that he had his son living in ??

does that include people like the main Union leaders with chauffeur driven cars, large houses provided by union and salaries just under £200,000 who tell workers on £14k to go on strike for the good of the country and their future ??

does that include Baroness Uddin (Labour) who claimed £100k expenses against an empty flat she put down as her main residence whilst living in a large house owned by a Housing Association and paying minimal rent ??

Labour doesn't pay lipservice to the poor - demands it from the poor more like

(i was brought up in a strictly Labour household with its roots in the Welsh mining community and can see graft a mile off)
That was exactly what I meant which is why the comment wasn't aimed at the tories only.

They are all corrupt scum who screw us over on a regular basis.

I was reading that in Spain the politicos are paid far more than the rest of as, get sumptious benefits that are not treated as earnings, they pay a fraction of the tax that you or I pay and while the average Spaniard has to work 35 years to get the full pension, politicians only have to do 7.

I could just spit. I'd far rather see skiving workshy layabouts suck off the state tit than see my money get handed out like that.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
That was exactly what I meant which is why the comment wasn't aimed at the tories only.

They are all corrupt scum who screw us over on a regular basis.

I was reading that in Spain the politicos are paid far more than the rest of as, get sumptious benefits that are not treated as earnings, they pay a fraction of the tax that you or I pay and while the average Spaniard has to work 35 years to get the full pension, politicians only have to do 7.

I could just spit. I'd far rather see skiving workshy layabouts suck off the state tit than see my money get handed out like that.
Read today that unlike other public sector pensions the Bank Of England staff are still going to get increases at RPI rather than CPI, Mervyn King said that this was the right thing to do! no doubt also applies to his and the MP's pensions as well. What a bunch of hypocrites.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 8:24 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
Read today that unlike other public sector pensions the Bank Of England staff are still going to get increases at RPI rather than CPI, Mervyn King said that this was the right thing to do! no doubt also applies to his and the MP's pensions as well. What a bunch of hypocrites.
Yeah, but there you go eh? Scum is as scum does.

Remember to tug your forelock and say 'God bless you Guv'nor, you're a toff!' when they finish screwing you.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Yeah, but there you go eh? Scum is as scum does.

Remember to tug your forelock and say 'God bless you Guv'nor, you're a toff!' when they finish screwing you.
At least I suppose it was a change to his comments that push the pound down! Even though you are quite right especially when you consider that includes ex servicemen and women who have put their lives on the line, great way to treat them, mind of course sorting the paper in the Bank of England can lead to nasty paper cuts also the shiny arse syndrome.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 11:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, bring back Bumbling Brown
This guy got the measure of him!
And of course Nige does a good job on him

Last edited by agoreira; Jul 12th 2011 at 12:08 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 12:09 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
seems to be wasted in the EU
would be a kick up the jacksy for many currently in the Mother of Parliaments.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 12:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

2 very good speeches but unfortunately wasted on sickly smiling Dumbo
Old Jul 12th 2011, 1:48 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes 2 great clips Pity the great British media didn't give them more profile at the time.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 2:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Yes 2 great clips Pity the great British media didn't give them more profile at the time.
I like listening to them both! Even though I don't agree with everything they say, I like the way they say it! They don't take no sh1t and tell it like it is.
I read Daniel Hannan's blog, again I keep an open mind, don't always agree with what he says, but still read it! Being a conservative he's a bit too right wing for some here, but I'm able to read them all and make my own decisions. One of Nigel Farage's better one's
Old Jul 12th 2011, 2:08 pm

I like listening to them both! Even though I don't agree with everything they say, I like the way they say it! They don't take no sh1t and tell it like it is.
I read Daniel Hannan's blog, again I keep an open mind, don't always agree with what he says, but still read it! Being a conservative he's a bit too right wing for some here, but I'm able to read them all and make my own decisions. One of Nigel Farage's better one's
so what is it that turns these guys into super orators when in the Eu ??
please please please can't we have a few like that in the Mother of Parliaments
Old Jul 12th 2011, 2:09 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant, I almost felt sorry for Rompey there he was so rude to him
Old Jul 12th 2011, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

so what is it that turns these guys into super orators when in the Eu ??
please please please can't we have a few like that in the Mother of Parliaments
Domino no doubt if we did the Sqeaker would intervene and stop them
Old Jul 12th 2011, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by bobd22
Domino no doubt if we did the Sqeaker would intervene and stop them
only if someone helps him off the woolsack
then he wouldn't be able to see over the top of the mace table
Old Jul 12th 2011, 2:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

only if someone helps him off the woolsack
then he wouldn't be able to see over the top of the mace table
That's very true,could try putting the woolsack over his head!