British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Has the UK gone totally insane? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/has-uk-gone-totally-insane-721942/)

Domino Jul 11th 2011 3:34 pm

Re: Has the UK gone totally insane?

Originally Posted by bil (Post 9488537)
Tories and Labour will both screw you and are as useless as each other. (the reason I don't criticise the useless Liberals is they have as much chance of weilding real power as I have flying to the moon.)

The difference is that Labour has to pay lip service to the poor.

There's nothing quite so offensive in my eyes as rich politicians with a couple of homes screwing the rest of us out of our hard earned.

does that include people like 2Jags Prescoe who had 3 homes, one of which was supplied by the National Union of Seamen that he had his son living in ??

does that include people like the main Union leaders with chauffeur driven cars, large houses provided by union and salaries just under £200,000 who tell workers on £14k to go on strike for the good of the country and their future ??

does that include Baroness Uddin (Labour) who claimed £100k expenses against an empty flat she put down as her main residence whilst living in a large house owned by a Housing Association and paying minimal rent ??

Labour doesn't pay lipservice to the poor - demands it from the poor more like

(i was brought up in a strictly Labour household with its roots in the Welsh mining community and can see graft a mile off)

bil Jul 11th 2011 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Domino (Post 9488564)
does that include people like 2Jags Prescoe who had 3 homes, one of which was supplied by the National Union of Seamen that he had his son living in ??

does that include people like the main Union leaders with chauffeur driven cars, large houses provided by union and salaries just under £200,000 who tell workers on £14k to go on strike for the good of the country and their future ??

does that include Baroness Uddin (Labour) who claimed £100k expenses against an empty flat she put down as her main residence whilst living in a large house owned by a Housing Association and paying minimal rent ??

Labour doesn't pay lipservice to the poor - demands it from the poor more like

(i was brought up in a strictly Labour household with its roots in the Welsh mining community and can see graft a mile off)

That was exactly what I meant which is why the comment wasn't aimed at the tories only.

They are all corrupt scum who screw us over on a regular basis.

I was reading that in Spain the politicos are paid far more than the rest of as, get sumptious benefits that are not treated as earnings, they pay a fraction of the tax that you or I pay and while the average Spaniard has to work 35 years to get the full pension, politicians only have to do 7.

I could just spit. I'd far rather see skiving workshy layabouts suck off the state tit than see my money get handed out like that.

bobd22 Jul 11th 2011 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by bil (Post 9488774)
That was exactly what I meant which is why the comment wasn't aimed at the tories only.

They are all corrupt scum who screw us over on a regular basis.

I was reading that in Spain the politicos are paid far more than the rest of as, get sumptious benefits that are not treated as earnings, they pay a fraction of the tax that you or I pay and while the average Spaniard has to work 35 years to get the full pension, politicians only have to do 7.

I could just spit. I'd far rather see skiving workshy layabouts suck off the state tit than see my money get handed out like that.

Read today that unlike other public sector pensions the Bank Of England staff are still going to get increases at RPI rather than CPI, Mervyn King said that this was the right thing to do! no doubt also applies to his and the MP's pensions as well. What a bunch of hypocrites.

bil Jul 11th 2011 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by bobd22 (Post 9488950)
Read today that unlike other public sector pensions the Bank Of England staff are still going to get increases at RPI rather than CPI, Mervyn King said that this was the right thing to do! no doubt also applies to his and the MP's pensions as well. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Yeah, but there you go eh? Scum is as scum does.

Remember to tug your forelock and say 'God bless you Guv'nor, you're a toff!' when they finish screwing you.

bobd22 Jul 12th 2011 11:01 am

Originally Posted by bil (Post 9489249)
Yeah, but there you go eh? Scum is as scum does.

Remember to tug your forelock and say 'God bless you Guv'nor, you're a toff!' when they finish screwing you.

At least I suppose it was a change to his comments that push the pound down! Even though you are quite right especially when you consider that includes ex servicemen and women who have put their lives on the line, great way to treat them, mind of course sorting the paper in the Bank of England can lead to nasty paper cuts also the shiny arse syndrome.

agoreira Jul 12th 2011 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Domino (Post 9488539)
Yes, bring back Bumbling Brown :p

This guy got the measure of him!
And of course Nige does a good job on him

Domino Jul 12th 2011 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by agoreira (Post 9490473)

seems to be wasted in the EU
would be a kick up the jacksy for many currently in the Mother of Parliaments.

bobd22 Jul 12th 2011 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by agoreira (Post 9490473)

2 very good speeches but unfortunately wasted on sickly smiling Dumbo

jackytoo Jul 12th 2011 1:48 pm

Yes 2 great clips:thumbsup: Pity the great British media didn't give them more profile at the time.

agoreira Jul 12th 2011 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by jackytoo (Post 9490636)
Yes 2 great clips:thumbsup: Pity the great British media didn't give them more profile at the time.

I like listening to them both! Even though I don't agree with everything they say, I like the way they say it! :D They don't take no sh1t and tell it like it is.
I read Daniel Hannan's blog, again I keep an open mind, don't always agree with what he says, but still read it! Being a conservative he's a bit too right wing for some here, but I'm able to read them all and make my own decisions. One of Nigel Farage's better one's

Domino Jul 12th 2011 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by agoreira (Post 9490650)
I like listening to them both! Even though I don't agree with everything they say, I like the way they say it! :D They don't take no sh1t and tell it like it is.
I read Daniel Hannan's blog, again I keep an open mind, don't always agree with what he says, but still read it! Being a conservative he's a bit too right wing for some here, but I'm able to read them all and make my own decisions. One of Nigel Farage's better one's

so what is it that turns these guys into super orators when in the Eu ??
please please please can't we have a few like that in the Mother of Parliaments :fingerscrossed:

jackytoo Jul 12th 2011 2:09 pm

Brilliant, I almost felt sorry for Rompey there he was so rude to him:lol:

bobd22 Jul 12th 2011 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Domino (Post 9490666)
so what is it that turns these guys into super orators when in the Eu ??
please please please can't we have a few like that in the Mother of Parliaments :fingerscrossed:

Domino no doubt if we did the Sqeaker would intervene and stop them

Domino Jul 12th 2011 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by bobd22 (Post 9490686)
Domino no doubt if we did the Sqeaker would intervene and stop them

only if someone helps him off the woolsack
then he wouldn't be able to see over the top of the mace table
:rofl:

bobd22 Jul 12th 2011 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Domino (Post 9490690)
only if someone helps him off the woolsack
then he wouldn't be able to see over the top of the mace table
:rofl:

That's very true,could try putting the woolsack over his head!