Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Has anyone transferred a pension from UK?

Wikiposts

Has anyone transferred a pension from UK?

Old Jun 5th 2017, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone transferred a pension from UK?

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
I had same problem hence choice of HL although their fees are slightly higher
That's really strange because I had a HL SIPP before I moved to the USA. After I moved they would not allow me to transfer my other small pensions to them. That is why I moved everything to AJ Bell. AJ Bell had been mentioned in other posts here on BE as accepting US residents.
Old Jun 13th 2017, 4:01 am
Just Joined

Robinclarke1960 is an unknown quantity at this point

@jsk374 The chap I have been speaking too in London, I know deals with US and Australian clients. I can give you a number or email if you would like?
Old Feb 28th 2018, 12:28 am
Just Joined

NYMag is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic
I consolidated various small UK pensions into a SIPP with AJ Bell.
Hi, I’m having some difficulties getting through to any UK investment platform willing to work with me given my US residency. I transferred my pension into a SIPP but would like to use AJ Bell, can you provide a contact you used?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 28th 2018, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NYMag
Hi, I’m having some difficulties getting through to any UK investment platform willing to work with me given my US residency. I transferred my pension into a SIPP but would like to use AJ Bell, can you provide a contact you used?

Thanks in advance.
I did everything on-line. From memory it was:

Started with their on-line chat to confirm that they did accept new accounts from a US citizen/resident - I was then able to print that for my records.

Opened a SIPP account on-line.

Downloaded necessary forms for the SIPP application and transfer of funds from other providers and mailed them in.

It all flowed from there and within about three weeks everything was done.