Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Has anyone made a (Spanish)website ".es"

Has anyone made a (Spanish)website ".es"

Old Sep 11th 2009, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone made a (Spanish)website ".es"

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Personally I could not give a shit...I like them and the service they give...you pay for what you get.

But thank you for your advice.
Yes, agree on paying more and getting a better service... I actually find Network solutions to be great as far as a domain registration and management service is concerned myself, they charge more per domain but if you have a question or problem they get onto it right away, changing DNS and propagation is practically instant (here in Spain anyway). Downside is they fire a lot of 'buy this and that' at you when logging in but things get done quickly and they give you a great service, worth paying a little extra for.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

carter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dr_designer
It is against this forum's rules to make direct sales or marketing offers. Quite right, too—and that is why I use my blog in my signature rather than the Web hosting site itself.

However, I may be allowed to say that, in my opinion, Casa Santo Estevo is paying more than he needs for his web hosting package.
Horses for courses, my charges would make yr ears bleed.

My "expert" recommendation - take a recommendation from happy people already using that company and service. When you find a service that works well, don't then go changing just to save a few euros here and there. It's rarely worth it.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

dr_designer will become famous soon enough

In principle, I agree with Carter71.

But how much is “a few euros”? If one could save 60 euros, and every year? 90 euros, and every year? And if you knew you could trust the company?

In a competitive market like Web hosting, how can you lose by comparing prices?
Old Sep 13th 2009, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

But how much is “a few euros”? If one could save 60 euros, and every year? 90 euros, and every year? And if you knew you could trust the company?

by the service you get!

I have used several different hosting companies over the last several years and the cheap ones always had more problems, so at the end of the day you get what you pay for. People can do what they want but I have learnt to avoid cheap when it comes to domain management and hosting.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

carter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to all

Your cheapest package seems to cost less than a loaf of bread per month.

How can anyone offer a good service for that price?!
Old Sep 13th 2009, 6:28 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carter71
Your cheapest package seems to cost less than a loaf of bread per month.

How can anyone offer a good service for that price?!
How about $1.95 a month!
http://www.siteground.com/
Old Sep 13th 2009, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
How about $1.95 a month!
http://www.siteground.com/
*$9.95 after 30 days
Old Sep 14th 2009, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

The nest provider is the one that's still there a year later...
Much more important than saving a couple of euros..
Old Sep 14th 2009, 7:19 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carter71
*$9.95 after 30 days
Fine by me, they are reliable and helpful
This discussion is pointless really (as regards being helpful to the OP), because everyone has different views on how much you should pay, where it should be hosted etc etc, as just demonstrated
Old Sep 14th 2009, 7:22 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
If that was my web site I would be extremely embarrassed
They have a bichon frise you know.....