Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Has anyone actually got a place from School Waiting List?

Has anyone actually got a place from School Waiting List?

Old Nov 30th 2006, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future
Default Has anyone actually got a place from School Waiting List?

Sorry its about education again!

We are looking at all schools, spanish, english, international, private and State.

All the private ones (mainly the spanish private ones) say they are completely full and there is a waiting list.

Has anyone actually been on a waiting list and actually got into the school they want?

Has anyone any advice?

I just cannot see how i can get my daughter into the school I like, when there are only 25 places and they are all completely full at the moment. Plus...siblings will always get first choice.

There are only 4 private spanish schools in my area, each with just about 25 places. It just seems completely impossible.

Can anyone give me some good news?
Old Nov 30th 2006, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has anyone actually got a place from School Waiting List?

Originally Posted by j0197
Sorry its about education again!

We are looking at all schools, spanish, english, international, private and State.

All the private ones (mainly the spanish private ones) say they are completely full and there is a waiting list.

Has anyone actually been on a waiting list and actually got into the school they want?

Has anyone any advice?

I just cannot see how i can get my daughter into the school I like, when there are only 25 places and they are all completely full at the moment. Plus...siblings will always get first choice.

There are only 4 private spanish schools in my area, each with just about 25 places. It just seems completely impossible.

Can anyone give me some good news?
You don't say how old your daughter is but it's law, as far as I understand, that the education authority must provide a school place for any child over the age of 12yrs. Education is not compulsory for anyone under that age unless they have a place in school and you are obliged to make sure they attend. I guess we were lucky and got places for our girls (13 + 10) fairly easliy in Coin.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 9:29 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malagaman
You don't say how old your daughter is but it's law, as far as I understand, that the education authority must provide a school place for any child over the age of 12yrs. Education is not compulsory for anyone under that age unless they have a place in school and you are obliged to make sure they attend. I guess we were lucky and got places for our girls (13 + 10) fairly easliy in Coin.

I thought it was compulsory from age 6, though I could be wrong, and just like in the UK, you might not get a place at your school of choice
Old Dec 1st 2006, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future

Yes from 6 its compulsory. My daughter is 3 and although she still has 3 years before she has to go to school. Its seems that unless you are in the school in the very first year, its impossible to get in.

In this case I am talking about Private Spanish Schools. I know that the public schools, legally do have to find a place, but I wish to keep all my options open.