HAPPIER

Old Apr 5th 2009, 7:45 pm
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of
Default HAPPIER

hi guy n girls hope all is well , ive some good news i have now finally sold my property in uk after nearly a year on market and dropping the price by about 30k .so things are starting to look a little rosier at the min for me and my girlfriend , as my profile explains ive been looking at moving to spain for some while now ,now my place is sold things are going to move alot quicker but now its getting closer its getting more scary we are looking at moving out for may , im just wondering for you expats that have made the move are you much happier now living in spain than you were when you lived in the uk and do you have any regrets
Old Apr 5th 2009, 7:56 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HAPPIER

Originally Posted by pjj
hi guy n girls hope all is well , ive some good news i have now finally sold my property in uk after nearly a year on market and dropping the price by about 30k .so things are starting to look a little rosier at the min for me and my girlfriend , as my profile explains ive been looking at moving to spain for some while now ,now my place is sold things are going to move alot quicker but now its getting closer its getting more scary we are looking at moving out for may , im just wondering for you expats that have made the move are you much happier now living in spain than you were when you lived in the uk and do you have any regrets
Yes I´m much happier in Spain, for all the usual reasons, sun, relaxed atmosphere.... dont like the UK. The big "however" for me tho is that we couldnt sell our UK house, so we rented it out and rent here in Spain. I didnt think I´d want to do that, but couldnt sell the UK house and this was the only way. So although I love it here, I find it somewhat reassuring to know I still have a house there,,, I dont know why I feel like that cos I sure as hell dont wanna go back. In time the UK house will be sold and we´ll buy in Spain - cutting the apron strings!!! I´m glad we´re doing it gradually. It is a big step and a giant leap of faith. Good luck to you tho, I´m sure, provided that you´ve dont your homework, it´ll be the best thing you´ve ever done!!!

Jo xxx
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:33 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

We were only talking about this yesterday and both said that we are very pleased with our choice of area and settled and content with the life that we have now.

Rosemary
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:42 am
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

There is a distinct difference between retired Expats and migrant workers.

When researching a move to any country its worth investigating the foreign workers experience.

Good luck in the coming months ahead.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 2:50 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livit
There is a distinct difference between retired Expats and migrant workers.

When researching a move to any country its worth investigating the foreign workers experience.

Good luck in the coming months ahead.
Totally agree with you. We would not have attempted to come here as wage earners.

Rosemary
Old Apr 6th 2009, 5:17 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Totally agree with you. We would not have attempted to come here as wage earners.

Rosemary
ditto to that!!

We decided to keep our UK busniess running, cos there is so little work over here, so I live here full time with the kids and my husband commutes

Jo xx
Old Apr 7th 2009, 7:58 am
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

If I retired tommorrow, I`d be happy anywhere in the developed world.

If I wanted to return to Spain today I personnal would wait at least 5 yrs before trying.

Like the old 1970`s adverts in Spain say.

Its different
Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

trentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nice

Only been here 6 months, but love it. Good luck , whereabouts are you moving too.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 9:04 pm
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by trentino
Only been here 6 months, but love it. Good luck , whereabouts are you moving too.
hi trentino we are moving to the costa tropical a area called la herradura its a very unspoilt place with superb views across the bay the place is very peacefull throughout the winter seasons but come the spring/summer it really come alive like most places along the coast , theres some really great resturants that sit on the beach over looking the sea and the surrounding bay it also how a great water sports actives there also a great marina there called marina del este which is stunning , its just a very special place that really makes us very at home and very welcome by the locals we love it and i cant wait
Old Apr 14th 2009, 9:36 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Hi PJJ

You're right La Herradura is a beautiful spot and a lovely place to live.

From your previous posts you intend to work in Spain - what had you in mind as there are very few opportunities at the moment.

Last edited by Fred James; Apr 14th 2009 at 9:40 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 5:08 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Much happier, even tho I am what's classed as an extreme commuter. (It sounds a lot more butch that it really is.)

Last visit there was a village meeting to decide who would be president, do this 'n that and so on. There was a lovely friendly atmosphere, most neighbourly, and we sat round tables in the shade of a couple of wild olives. After the talking food and cold beer was served and damn delicious it was too.

I couldn't imagine anything like that where I am in the UK.