Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

half term update/ Los Alcazares

half term update/ Los Alcazares

Old Jan 14th 2007, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default half term update/ Los Alcazares

If you were wondering.
We have decided we'll be skiing at the half term in Italy.

But just me n t'wife will be going to Los Alcalzares (Murcia) next Sunday - GOD BLESS GRANDPARENTS!!.

So a couple of things:-

1) Expect unseasonally bad weather in the area next week.

2) Any info on Los Alcazares (Restaurants rec'd or avoid, bars etc) and the locale, must see sites, within say 100 miles etc.

3) And most importantly, If you could only play one golf course in the area - which would it be? and if there's any members at any local clubs out there in forumland - how about an invite??
Ta
LB
Old Jan 16th 2007, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: half term update/ Los Alcazares

Is the lack of response to my questions, because there's nothing good to say:scared:

Or are you all just fed up with me
Old Jan 16th 2007, 6:56 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Is the lack of response to my questions, because there's nothing good to say:scared:

Perhaps nobody here knows about Los Alcazares, where is it ?
Old Jan 16th 2007, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Los Alcazares is on the Mar Menor, guess around 2 or 3 miles "south" of Murcia airport.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 7:51 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Los Alcazares is on the Mar Menor, guess around 2 or 3 miles "south" of Murcia airport.
Sorry cant help myself, but I am sure others know the region, maybe they haven`t logged on since your post.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know I said to expect unseasonably bad weather next week but just seen this:-

http://weather.msn.com/tenday.aspx?w...ns=wc:SPXX0059

SNOW!!!! on the Costas
Old Jan 17th 2007, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

Small world fellow Lancastrian or Mancunian?

Old Jan 17th 2007, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Manc by birth!
This is spooky, you're the second person to make a similar post from Billinge - there again, if I lived in Billinge I'd be looking to move abroad aswell!!!
Old Jan 17th 2007, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

Manc by birth!
This is spooky, you're the second person to make a similar post from Billinge - there again, if I lived in Billinge I'd be looking to move abroad aswell!!!
I love Billinge just fancy a bit of sunshine!!!
I was born in Urmston, anyway I'll wave if I see you on the East Lancs.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

If you were wondering.
We have decided we'll be skiing at the half term in Italy.

But just me n t'wife will be going to Los Alcalzares (Murcia) next Sunday - GOD BLESS GRANDPARENTS!!.

So a couple of things:-

1) Expect unseasonally bad weather in the area next week.

2) Any info on Los Alcazares (Restaurants rec'd or avoid, bars etc) and the locale, must see sites, within say 100 miles etc.

3) And most importantly, If you could only play one golf course in the area - which would it be? and if there's any members at any local clubs out there in forumland - how about an invite??
Ta
LB
Your very lucky Leighbloke I'am still stuck in Manc trying my best to get to the border of Colida / Sth Blanca in August to try finalise a bloody purchase excuse the adjective!!!
Old Jan 17th 2007, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
Perhaps nobody here knows about Los Alcazares, where is it ?
About ten years ago I visited this small town when I was first looking for a place in Spain - it was October, warm, beautiful lagoon and sea very blue and very Spanish and quiet. I had not even been able to hire a car in Torrevieja so had managed the local buses with my limited Spanish. I remember finding a lovely bar/restaurant - almost the only one open - very old looking with an internal courtyard right on the beach front and having a nice meal and drink. It had lots of character and although we did not buy in the Costa Blanca - was not fond of most of the places we saw in the Southern CB I did like this area. I assume now it has changed and there is a lot of building?
Old Jan 17th 2007, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by vox populia
Your very lucky Leighbloke I'am still stuck in Manc trying my best to get to the border of Colida / Sth Blanca in August to try finalise a bloody purchase excuse the adjective!!!
So VP I imagine you like the area then?
We were planning a couple of days out North, Calpe, Jalon, Denia etc.
But South? can only think of La Manga - Can't imagine it's very interesting, and Cartegena, of which I know nothing??
And inland ????
Any ideas??

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
About ten years ago I visited this small town when I was first looking for a place in Spain - it was October, warm, beautiful lagoon and sea very blue and very Spanish and quiet. I had not even been able to hire a car in Torrevieja so had managed the local buses with my limited Spanish. I remember finding a lovely bar/restaurant - almost the only one open - very old looking with an internal courtyard right on the beach front and having a nice meal and drink. It had lots of character and although we did not buy in the Costa Blanca - was not fond of most of the places we saw in the Southern CB I did like this area. I assume now it has changed and there is a lot of building?
Yep most likely, don't think it's Benidorm yet, but doubt it's just one shack on the beach either.