Reload this Page >

Gymnastics/Trampolining Malaga

Gymnastics/Trampolining Malaga

Old Jun 22nd 2009, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

onlQQker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gymnastics/Trampolining Malaga

Hi All,

At present myself and my partner run a trampolining/gymnastics club in the UK.
Having visited Spain 2 times a year for the last 10 years we were wondering if there would be a call for gymnastics/trampolining situated in or around Malaga.

Obviously we would need to find a venue willing to host this activity and also ship in some trampolines and other equipment, but knowing whether something like this would be popular or not is hard for us to judge as we don't exactly live out there.

My research so far shows that the nearest Trampolining club is situated in Barcelona, I can't even find a gymnastics venue in Spain.

Thanks in advance guys..
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 12:28 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gymnastics/Trampolining Malaga

Originally Posted by onlQQker
Hi All,

Having visited Spain 2 times a year for the last 10 years we were wondering if there would be a call for gymnastics/trampolining situated in or around Malaga.

Obviously we would need to find a venue willing to host this activity and also ship in some trampolines and other equipment, but knowing whether something like this would be popular or not is hard for us to judge as we don't exactly live out there.

My research so far shows that the nearest Trampolining club is situated in Barcelona, I can't even find a gymnastics venue in Spain.

Thanks in advance guys..

our local sports centre runs gymnastics clubs - nowhere near Malaga, but I would imagine that most ayuntamiento run centres do too

have to confess to not knowing of any trampolining clubs though
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

coincidence but I am in Spain & I have been googling to get a trampoline delivered out here. A few people have them, the ones with the the safety cage.

I think Decathlon do them but no doubt with the exchange rate as it is it is cheaper to buy one in UK & get it shipped over.

Anyone done this, there's loads of UK mail order suppliers.

Sorry to hijack the thread but there's probably a good market in doing all the legwork for Spain based expats. Sorry I can't comment on any clubs.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 3:40 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onlQQker
Hi All,

Thanks in advance guys..
What qualifications do you have ?

How far do you want to take it ? competition level or just babysitting ? if you run a club now you will understand what I mean.

You will have to go through loads of Spanish red tape etc and after I think you would struggle to get a living out of it.

My wife used to run one at the local international school.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

savateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nice

Remember seeing something similar to this on living in the sun. The person involved wanted to set up a business trampolining on the beach.

Apparently,from what I remember,they had to make the license application at the council the September prior, in order to get a license for the pitch next season.

Dont want to be negative but the guy gave up and started in France instead,owing to the paperwork involved.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Zaragoza, by way of Cambridgeshire, and now Alhaurin El Grande
Zaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really nice

Keep me informed as to your progress, as Head of PE at an International school near Malaga, I would be interested in what you would have to offer in regards to after school clubs.