BT in Spain

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Katya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the rough
Default BT in Spain

Hola all !

Im currently using the Telphonica line rental and ADSL - and being charged heavily for this ! A friend was telling me today that BT can now offer line rental and adsl at a much lower price than Telephonica - All calls made in spain are free and 400 free minutes a month to the UK ??? Im still waiting for the contact details to get in touch with them - but has anyone else heard of this?

Katya
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: BT in Spain

Originally Posted by Katya
Hola all !

Im currently using the Telphonica line rental and ADSL - and being charged heavily for this ! A friend was telling me today that BT can now offer line rental and adsl at a much lower price than Telephonica - All calls made in spain are free and 400 free minutes a month to the UK ??? Im still waiting for the contact details to get in touch with them - but has anyone else heard of this?

Katya
They did advertise in the Spanish edition of the Express about 10 days ago but I did not note the contact details. It just struck me that after you had transferred to BT you would still be paying line rental to Telefonica since BT have no infrasructure in Spain!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:31 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BT in Spain

And twice the problems if anything goes wrong.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Katya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the roughKatya is a jewel in the rough

BT and problems - NEVER LOL

Ive only been in spain since last july and still getting obsure bills redirected from the UK that have nothing to do with me !!!

The deal i had heard with BT was that they also have the ability to provide the line rental !
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:37 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

BT and problems - NEVER LOL

Ive only been in spain since last july and still getting obsure bills redirected from the UK that have nothing to do with me !!!

The deal i had heard with BT was that they also have the ability to provide the line rental !
But all the lines are owned by Telefonica.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

JDR - thats what i thought but i was assured that this is changing and telephonica no longer have the monopoly ???
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: BT in Spain

JDR - thats what i thought but i was assured that this is changing and telephonica no longer have the monopoly ???
In UK it is called Local Loop Unbundaling and has taken 20 years to prise away from BT. Telefonica is even more entrenched so I will not be holding my breath!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 2:46 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Hola all !

Katya

The sun printed in Spain has a cheap call offer which we use, A holiday maker left a copy on the beach as we all read the broadsheets on this forum The calls to the UK are 3.3 cents per min and the operator is none other than BT spain. You will need a NIF number to open an account. Just looking at my bill their web site is www.bt.com/globalservices. If someone has a copy of the sun from another holiday maker they may have the office number shown on the sun offer The guys name is steve and seems a helpful chap. You still have to pay your telefonica line rental but the calls are cheaper

The above was an old reply of mine. We now use the link below re UK calls.

http://www.0044.co.uk/Spain-Index.htm
Old Mar 24th 2009, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Tinky is an unknown quantity at this point

I would love to hear from someone using this service, the advert is saying the following at least:

Broadband and calls:

- Fast broadband internet (up to 6mb)
- Free calls to Spanish landlines
- calls to Spanish mobiles 10cents/min
- Free wireless router
- English speaking staff
- and for just €6.40 extra a month you can add 400 minutes of free calls to UK landlines every month

Price €36.50

Dial up and calls is €25.90 a month

It does say you swap your line rental from Telefonica to BT... Calls to UK is 3.2 cents a minute. Worth noting you need to sign up for 18 months though...

Hope that helps someone
Old Mar 24th 2009, 2:01 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Some details behind the 0044 website.
Here is some more information about the company (0044 ltd).
http://www.startups.co.uk/6678842909.../0044-ltd.html
http://www.yell.com/listings/DoFindL...ation-Services
http://www.who.is/domain_archive-uk/0044.co.uk/

From the BT website we cannot establish what they actual service here in Spain but it is more than likely large corporate business.

We use ONO for cheap rated calls within Europe. No changing number no changing service providers just add a code in front of the number to be dialled.

For internet we will never change from Telefonica because they own the lines an if there is a problem you get bounced around between your service provider and Telefonica. We know, we have been there and got the t-shirt.

Last edited by Casa Santo Estevo; Mar 24th 2009 at 2:02 pm. Reason: fonts went crazy for some reason
Old Mar 24th 2009, 2:40 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

For free calls to landlines in a lot of countries we use voipcheap, for a five cent connection through the pc you can use your own phone, UK mobs 8 cents a min.
Telefonica is free local calls too.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

cymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Tinky
- and for just €6.40 extra a month you can add 400 minutes of free calls to UK landlines every month

Bit of a contradiction in terms! The "free calls" are costing you 6.40euro a month!
Old Mar 27th 2009, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Have been in touch with BT today

It seems very cheap and hence why ive sent it on

contact details for BT 966723766

1st package available is

58.88 Euro ( already includes VAT ) which is for line rental , wireless internet - costs to spanish lines are 3 cent per min and 4 cent per min to UK anytime

2nd package available is

66 Euro per month ( already includes VAT) for line rental, free calls and wireless internet

which includes 1000min free to spanish landlines and 400 min free to Uk landlines - If you go over these limits then its the same as above 3 and 4 cents per min

The line is still owned by telphonica but all payment and communication is made through BT. A BT Engineer comes and installs the wireless modem for 30 Euros. And you keep your same number.

Im paying loads more just now to telephonica and europa !

Kat x
Old Mar 27th 2009, 12:33 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Have been in touch with BT today

It seems very cheap and hence why ive sent it on

contact details for BT 966723766

1st package available is

58.88 Euro ( already includes VAT ) which is for line rental , wireless internet - costs to spanish lines are 3 cent per min and 4 cent per min to UK anytime

2nd package available is

66 Euro per month ( already includes VAT) for line rental, free calls and wireless internet

which includes 1000min free to spanish landlines and 400 min free to Uk landlines - If you go over these limits then its the same as above 3 and 4 cents per min

The line is still owned by telphonica but all payment and communication is made through BT. A BT Engineer comes and installs the wireless modem for 30 Euros. And you keep your same number.

Im paying loads more just now to telephonica and europa !

Kat x
What speed is the adsl ?
Do they close your Telefonica account for you ?
Old Mar 27th 2009, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hiya

I have a feeling the connection was 3mb but it could of been 6mb ! Sorry never noted it down!

Also they do deal with the closing of the telephonica account. But i have to close my own europa account - which i currently use for calls!

Kat x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.