gym and swim

Old Feb 8th 2017, 12:33 pm
L22
Just Joined

L22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default gym and swim

hello all

I've just signed up. We have an apartment on Rincon del Golf 1, bought off plan in 2005

I'm thinking of coming over in November for a few months (have only ever been over for a week or two in the past, in summer)

I'm coming over to escape the gloom of winter in the UK and as a pre-cursor to living more or less permanently abroad, although probably in France

basically to make sure the grass is not greener on the other side

but there are a couple of things I need to sort out:
is there a gym/swim solution available?

I'm not aware of any local 'leisure centres'
in the summer I swim in the pool but this will be winter

once or twice I've been to the indoor pool at the hotel Playa Canela (I think) near the marina and that was great but it's very expensive to do it on a day-by-day basis

I'm naturally inclined to try to do a deal with them for 3 months as it's out of season, to get daily use of the pool for exercise and whatever gym equipment they have but I'm also kind of dreading it....based on over 10 years of my experience of trying to deal with these kinds of situations, where most of the time I seem to hit a 'computer says no' kind of attitude......on Isla Canela - not having a go at Spain, the Spanish, Europe or anything like that btw
I love the place, which is why I come every year and would like to spend more time here later on in the year but I need to sort my exercise regime or I may end up in holiday mode for 12 weeks! and I can't just run outdoors due to injury

thanks for any help, sorry for the long post
Old Feb 8th 2017, 12:40 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: gym and swim

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 8th 2017, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

AliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there. As you drive out of Isla Canela, turn right at the football stadium. Drive a few hundred metres, on the left side you'll see Ayamonte municipal leisure centre. I've not been there for two years, so can't vouch for current state of play regarding prices or terms etc. But it has.... 25mt pool, fully equipped gym, dance studio, lots of classes, wet and dry. Search " ociosur ayamonte " the web page might help. And pop in for a look when you're here. I was a member and attended the centre for about five years, they changed the opening times and it became inconvenient so I left. I joined the municipal centre in Lepe, 30km drive each way, but worth it. Lepe facility is luxurious in comparison. But Ayamonte is more than adequate. Check it out. Good luck.
Al.

Originally Posted by L22
hello all

I've just signed up. We have an apartment on Rincon del Golf 1, bought off plan in 2005

I'm thinking of coming over in November for a few months (have only ever been over for a week or two in the past, in summer)

I'm coming over to escape the gloom of winter in the UK and as a pre-cursor to living more or less permanently abroad, although probably in France

basically to make sure the grass is not greener on the other side

but there are a couple of things I need to sort out:
is there a gym/swim solution available?

I'm not aware of any local 'leisure centres'
in the summer I swim in the pool but this will be winter

once or twice I've been to the indoor pool at the hotel Playa Canela (I think) near the marina and that was great but it's very expensive to do it on a day-by-day basis

I'm naturally inclined to try to do a deal with them for 3 months as it's out of season, to get daily use of the pool for exercise and whatever gym equipment they have but I'm also kind of dreading it....based on over 10 years of my experience of trying to deal with these kinds of situations, where most of the time I seem to hit a 'computer says no' kind of attitude......on Isla Canela - not having a go at Spain, the Spanish, Europe or anything like that btw
I love the place, which is why I come every year and would like to spend more time here later on in the year but I need to sort my exercise regime or I may end up in holiday mode for 12 weeks! and I can't just run outdoors due to injury

thanks for any help, sorry for the long post
Old Feb 10th 2017, 1:24 pm
L22
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AliceB
Hi there. As you drive out of Isla Canela, turn right at the football stadium. Drive a few hundred metres, on the left side you'll see Ayamonte municipal leisure centre. I've not been there for two years, so can't vouch for current state of play regarding prices or terms etc. But it has.... 25mt pool, fully equipped gym, dance studio, lots of classes, wet and dry. Search " ociosur ayamonte " the web page might help. And pop in for a look when you're here. I was a member and attended the centre for about five years, they changed the opening times and it became inconvenient so I left. I joined the municipal centre in Lepe, 30km drive each way, but worth it. Lepe facility is luxurious in comparison. But Ayamonte is more than adequate. Check it out. Good luck.
Al.

thanks very much Alice
will check it out when I'm over in June and will set up a membership in November, all being well
Old Feb 10th 2017, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

George & Rosalia is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Look up the
website at www.ociosurayamonte.com.

I have not used the facilities but the prices look very reasonable and it is located relatively close to you,

George
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 10:47 am
Just Joined

Diddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant futureDiddymiddy has a brilliant future

Hi we are regulars at the gym since joining last year. For what you pay the gym is more than adequate. It does need a bit of tlc here and there but they have been doing it up recently with 21 new bikes arriving the other week for the spinning class. The gym equip is on par with David Lloyds in the UK, but again a bit tired but they have recently laid new floor etc. The staff are brilliant and both staff and Spanish attendees are sooo friendly. You do have to wear a swimming cap if you use the pool but its a good size. Hope you find this helpful but definitely check it out.
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 4:56 pm
L22
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Diddymiddy
Hi we are regulars at the gym since joining last year. For what you pay the gym is more than adequate. It does need a bit of tlc here and there but they have been doing it up recently with 21 new bikes arriving the other week for the spinning class. The gym equip is on par with David Lloyds in the UK, but again a bit tired but they have recently laid new floor etc. The staff are brilliant and both staff and Spanish attendees are sooo friendly. You do have to wear a swimming cap if you use the pool but its a good size. Hope you find this helpful but definitely check it out.
Thank you, I'll look forward to seeing you there from November