Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Guests - Is it just me?

Guests - Is it just me?

Old Sep 26th 2009, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Guests - Is it just me?

After having our son and his new girlfriend for a fortnight, I just wanted to say is it just us that is glad to see the back of guests and to get our house back to ourselves? I love my son dearly but he takes over. The fridge is cleared, the alcohol disappears. It cost us an arm and a leg to entertain and feed them. It didn´t help that the girlfriend was a vegetarian and allergic to cats of which we have three. Also that our son is a student so has no money. Also there are arguments over what to watch on the telly. Anyway we took them to the airport last night and was it lovely to come back to peace and quiet!
Old Sep 26th 2009, 11:41 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guests - Is it just me?

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
After having our son and his new girlfriend for a fortnight, I just wanted to say is it just us that is glad to see the back of guests and to get our house back to ourselves? I love my son dearly but he takes over. The fridge is cleared, the alcohol disappears. It cost us an arm and a leg to entertain and feed them. It didn´t help that the girlfriend was a vegetarian and allergic to cats of which we have three. Also that our son is a student so has no money. Also there are arguments over what to watch on the telly. Anyway we took them to the airport last night and was it lovely to come back to peace and quiet!
I hope he doesnt read this forum!
There was a similar post from a member a few years ago ..... someone from the family read it and took offence and it caused a huge huge fall out!

But yes, I know what you mean
Old Sep 26th 2009, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

I am sure I will be the same, although I love ,them. Its nice to see them
Nice to see them go
Old Sep 26th 2009, 12:10 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

it is a question of : nice to see your back

or : nice to see youre back

( no apostrophie coz I dont do them, but you all know what I mean).
Old Sep 26th 2009, 12:21 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying to remember that old Mark Twain quote. Something like "Guests are like fish - they go off after a couple of days..."
Old Sep 26th 2009, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

I had a good friend stay with me in Denia. On arrival she announced that she'd like to visit her ex-boss in Mazarron, which she'd looked up on the map and was sure it wasnt too far from Denia, so could I take her there and return a couple of days later to pick her up?

When I explained that Mazarron was about three hours away and I didnt fancy sitting in a car for six hours, and repeating the exercise two days later, she seemed surprised. When I suggested she hire a car, she seemed reluctant to do so on account of the distance involved.

Needless to say, she took the train to Alicante and got her ex-boss to collect her from there.

Apart from that she was an excellent guest - she really was.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 1:21 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montgomail
I had a good friend stay with me in Denia. On arrival she announced that she'd like to visit her ex-boss in Mazarron, which she'd looked up on the map and was sure it wasnt too far from Denia, so could I take her there and return a couple of days later to pick her up?

When I explained that Mazarron was about three hours away and I didnt fancy sitting in a car for six hours, and repeating the exercise two days later, she seemed surprised. When I suggested she hire a car, she seemed reluctant to do so on account of the distance involved.

Needless to say, she took the train to Alicante and got her ex-boss to collect her from there.

Apart from that she was an excellent guest - she really was.

So you wouldnt take me across to see Sammy then
Old Sep 26th 2009, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
So you wouldnt take me across to see Sammy then
No but I'd lend you my roller skates. It's all downhill.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

goaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant futuregoaty has a brilliant future

The magic word was "student". say no more.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 1:35 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montgomail
No but I'd lend you my roller skates. It's all downhill.
Bless ya
Old Sep 26th 2009, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

shanika is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to agree, it´s great to see friends and relatives but it is great to get back to normal. I get fed up with all the running around trying to keep people entertained, I sometimes wonder if they think we go sightseeing and to bars every night. I´m glad when I can sit and watch all the programmes that I usually watch and most of all being able to put my jammies on before 12 o´clock at night (usually the time that they decide to go to bed).
Old Sep 26th 2009, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

So true. It can also be a pain when you are working whilst they are on holiday here. I have often volunteered my car for people to use (I would even find my own way to work if it means I don't have to be the holiday guide) but they insist on waiting for me to drive them anywhere.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 1:58 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

We get several family visits every year, and some of them really take advantage, but I read what Mitz said about the possibility of them reading this forum, so my remarks are going to be guarded.

But I would like to tell the truth, and I'm posting under a cyber name, am I not. Could they still identify me?

In the hope that they can't, we had a right pair of ponces here in the summer, along with their baby, who expected us to drive them around and feed them too. Then we had the ones who asked us to drive them to visit friends in Almeria, it's only next door, innit? And the ones who wanted us to drive them to Benidorm, and pick them up from there in the evening.

And the ones who invited a lot of strangers to a BBQ in our garden, 22 of them. And the ones who would roll in pissed at three in the morning. And the ones who borrowed money and never paid it back. And the ones who borrowed my car and used half-a-tank of petrol. And the idiot who spent hours in our living room watching horse racing and used our phone to place his bets . . .

Glad to see the back of them? After they left, we were dancing with joy.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 2:05 pm
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by HBG
We get several family visits every year, and some of them really take advantage, but I read what Mitz said about the possibility of them reading this forum, so my remarks are going to be guarded.

But I would like to tell the truth, and I'm posting under a cyber name, am I not. Could they still identify me?

In the hope that they can't, we had a right pair of ponces here in the summer, along with their baby, who expected us to drive them around and feed them too. Then we had the ones who asked us to drive them to visit friends in Almeria, it's only next door, innit? And the ones who wanted us to drive them to Benidorm, and pick them up from there in the evening.

And the ones who invited a lot of strangers to a BBQ in our garden, 22 of them. And the ones who would roll in pissed at three in the morning. And the ones who borrowed money and never paid it back. And the ones who borrowed my car and used half-a-tank of petrol. And the idiot who spent hours in our living room watching horse racing and used our phone to place his bets . . .

Glad to see the back of them? After they left, we were dancing with joy.

Its ok chick - you were very careful with ya wording - theyll never know you are you or that they are they
Old Sep 26th 2009, 2:32 pm
CLR
Forum Regular

Location: Shetland/Granada Province and orginally the right side of the border.
CLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to all

I put my oldest daughter on the boat on Friday night last week for her 1st year at Uni. One of the other mums asked was I OK and coping - she was totally shocked when I said I was only there to make sure she got on the boat and did not turn back

I think I have gone deaf, no kids arguing over tv, no fighting to get in the bathroom, washing as gone down by at least half (I don't believe eveything got put away, just thrown back in the wash). Biscuits are lasting a week. Money in me purse - Love her to bits - but yes peace and quiet ahh bliss

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.