Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Grape or Grain whats your posion?

Grape or Grain whats your posion?

Old Apr 1st 2007, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Grape or Grain whats your posion?

I love grapefruit juice and tonic. I'm not a recovering alcoholic I just think alcohol is overrated.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 4:43 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Gin & Tonic, although I am partial to a drop of red wine and I can also make a mean Pina Colada
You're not me are you? These are absolutely the drinks I love, and in that order.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 4:53 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

I'm also quite partial to a glass of Retsina
Old Apr 1st 2007, 5:09 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
I'm also quite partial to a glass of Retsina
Ohhhhhhhh Lionda you are making me homesick.

Can't find retsina here even if I was to sell my soul!

BUT I will be drinking some in your honour on the 22nd of April ......AFTER I've had a bit of ouzo for the appetite
Old Apr 1st 2007, 5:20 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
White Wine...Red Wine...Vodka and diet coke....Baileys on ice.....anything really apart from wiskey, but if I have a cold I drink it, a hot toddy goes down a treat then

Why is there only a beer thingy??? Why no wine or spirit thingy´s???

You can have any thinging
i used to drink a lot of red wine i dont these days because you get older you try to lighten the effect of the hangover which red wine give me the largest. When added with that last little tipple to get you to sleep.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

Red wine every time, funny as the further inland you get in Spain the better the wine is, in the tourist areas its like paint stripper. Funniest thing I ever saw was a load of butch Spanish workmen pile into a restaurant at siesta time and drink Rose I think the spanish like it because it is thirst quenching.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Red wine every time, if no red then white, but I never mix.......

Had a bad experience with 8 pints of Speckle Hen, managed to keep it down for about 12 hours but then my head exploded and I kept nothing down for about 3 weeks. Also partial to the odd Caffrey's or Murphy, and just for a night cap I do enjoy Tia Maria and Bailey's on lots of ice and of course always have a sherry before dinner and a nice port always goes down a treat. Other than that I don't really drink!

just realised your reply starts the same as mine great minds think alike n all that.

Old Apr 1st 2007, 5:49 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helenp
Red wine every time, funny as the further inland you get in Spain the better the wine is, in the tourist areas its like paint stripper. Funniest thing I ever saw was a load of butch Spanish workmen pile into a restaurant at siesta time and drink Rose I think the spanish like it because it is thirst quenching.
It was probably red wine and casera mixed, thats what we used to get with meal of the day. ;-)
Old Apr 1st 2007, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
It was probably red wine and casera mixed, thats what we used to get with meal of the day. ;-)
What is casera?
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:06 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helenp
What is casera?
A type of lemonade/ soda water mixer, very cheap to buy.
Makes a very refreshing long drink.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
A type of lemonade/ soda water mixer, very cheap to buy.
Makes a very refreshing long drink.
I'll have to try that!
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:20 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
My basque girlfriend used to have a coke and red wine mixer, it looked vile but actually tasted amazing.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:25 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
My basque girlfriend used to have a coke and red wine mixer, it looked vile but actually tasted amazing.
They sell it a lot out here, but I can`t remember what its called. ;-(
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:28 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Calimocho
Old Apr 1st 2007, 6:29 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Is it Kas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.