Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

got car hire with amigo autos, anyone used them ?

got car hire with amigo autos, anyone used them ?

Old Jul 23rd 2009, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default got car hire with amigo autos, anyone used them ?

reserved and pay on collection 370 euros for 10 days....which was very reasonable compared to the other quotes I was getting, late in the day I know (booked yesterday for 10th Aug)
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 6:00 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: got car hire with amigo autos, anyone used them ?

Sorry .... not used them
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Have used them quite a few times, they were actually better than most of the others!
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Have used them quite a few times, they were actually better than most of the others!
thats good to hear Tim...they actually sub out the car hire and we are getting the car from Gold car, whcih is weird as we cant get the same car for the same price direct
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spain
thats good to hear Tim...they actually sub out the car hire and we are getting the car from Gold car, whcih is weird as we cant get the same car for the same price direct
They act as a broker, same as CarJet et al, but yes, they always seem to be cheaper than going to the companies directly.
Old Jul 24th 2009, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by valenciatim
They act as a broker, same as CarJet et al, but yes, they always seem to be cheaper than going to the companies directly.
well as long as the car is actually there I dont mind who it is with, if its not we will be giving you a ring from the airport
Old Jul 24th 2009, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

well as long as the car is actually there I dont mind who it is with, if its not we will be giving you a ring from the airport
Don't see that being a problem, you have the number!!

And can sometimes be cheap too!!
Old Jul 24th 2009, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Dave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant future

used them a few times, no problems at all,"
Old Jul 24th 2009, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

raddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant future

I used Gold Car last time I was out and was ripped off 65 euros for a tank of Diesel for a Ford Fiesta, They insisted on me paying for a full tank even though I told them I wouldn't even need half a tank, The tank wasn't even full when I picked up the car and the car was covered in bumps and scrapes.
Suffice to say I won't be using them again.
I'm thinking of trying Javea Cars as they offer a much fairer system regarding fuel. Has anyone used them and know if they are good?
Old Jul 24th 2009, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

I used Gold car and thought they were good - the car had scratches on too, but that is actually better in case you get a scratch of your own. Plus I scraped the car in a carpark, called them up to tell them what happened and they said I didnt have to pay anything extra at all. Result as I thought they'd take me to the cleaners
Old Jul 24th 2009, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cricketman
I used Gold car and thought they were good - the car had scratches on too, but that is actually better in case you get a scratch of your own. Plus I scraped the car in a carpark, called them up to tell them what happened and they said I didnt have to pay anything extra at all. Result as I thought they'd take me to the cleaners
Car Hire usually includes automatic collision damage waiver. We once picked up a car from Goldcar at Alicante and the front bumper had obviously suffered a major collision. I went to the Desk in the carpark and asked about it, and their response was 'You have collision damage waiver so it doesn't matter!'
Old Jul 26th 2009, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by raddickle
I'm thinking of trying Javea Cars as they offer a much fairer system regarding fuel. Has anyone used them and know if they are good?
we used Javea cars about 6 years ago, very good and would recommend them..we hired from the office in Javea, we were car hunting at the time and they let us just hire it on a week by week basis
Old Jul 26th 2009, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

Tootsie121 is an unknown quantity at this point

reserved and pay on collection 370 euros for 10 days....which was very reasonable compared to the other quotes I was getting, late in the day I know (booked yesterday for 10th Aug)
I used these last time I was out too. They were the broker and the car ended up being from Gold Car too. They were excellent! I sadly had a car accident whilst I was over and they were fantastic at sorting everything out for me!
Top marks in my eyes