Reload this Page >

Anyone dealt with vanityangels.com

Anyone dealt with vanityangels.com

Old Jul 26th 2009, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Joan in Spain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone dealt with vanityangels.com

Hi all,

Has anyone had any dealings with a purported organisation called vanityangels.com?

I came across them on a UK franchise website regarding becoming a franchisee selling or renting out their ladies cosmetic and personal hygene machines.

They were asking for a considerable amount of money, varying between 12,500 and 50,000 GBP Pounds - yes alot of money!

I asked if they were a registered UK franchise and the lady there Rachel said no. My accountant advised me to ask for certain information, ie a business plan, satisfied customers, clients, a copy of their financial accounts (profit and loss plus balance sheet) and they said they were so new that they didn't have an accountant.

Their website concerns be in that they are meant to be a UK company but there are no contact details whatsoever, only a Spanish mobile number.

Any views on this would be most welcome please, are they genuine or is it a scam?

Thanks

Joan
Old Jul 26th 2009, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone dealt with vanityangels.com

never heard fo them but I would be very very wary of buying a frachise to open in Spain

know of a couple fo people who bought into franchises....totally different ones too and both failed for one reason or another

it sounds like you already have doubts so go with your instincts

Originally Posted by Joan in Spain
Hi all,

Has anyone had any dealings with a purported organisation called vanityangels.com?

I came across them on a UK franchise website regarding becoming a franchisee selling or renting out their ladies cosmetic and personal hygene machines.

They were asking for a considerable amount of money, varying between 12,500 and 50,000 GBP Pounds - yes alot of money!

I asked if they were a registered UK franchise and the lady there Rachel said no. My accountant advised me to ask for certain information, ie a business plan, satisfied customers, clients, a copy of their financial accounts (profit and loss plus balance sheet) and they said they were so new that they didn't have an accountant.

Their website concerns be in that they are meant to be a UK company but there are no contact details whatsoever, only a Spanish mobile number.

Any views on this would be most welcome please, are they genuine or is it a scam?

Thanks

Joan
Old Jul 26th 2009, 6:55 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joan in Spain
Hi all,

Thanks

Joan
No accountant
New
No books

Forget it! I did a lot pof work with franchises and eventually bought one which was sucessful. They were members of the British Franchise Association.

How many franchisees do they have, and how long have they been operating.
You should be asking them to speak to other up and running sucessful franchises that have demonstrated a good business model. If they cant provide them, then walk on!
Old Jul 26th 2009, 9:09 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Their lippie and eye shadow are crap.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 10:24 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Their lippie and eye shadow are crap.
Personal experience?
Old Jul 26th 2009, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

Just as I thought, just another bunch of shady people living in sunny Spain!

How easily I could have been duped if it wasn't you guys at British expats.com sharing my concerns. They advertise as offering franchises on their website www.vanityangels.com and within two emails state "I’m afraid that we are not a member of the British Franchise Association as we are not officially a franchise ie we do not take royalties" in the exact words of their business developement manager Rachel Bird.

Scam if ever I saw one!

Thanks again

Joan

Retired expat in Javea, Spain
Old Jul 26th 2009, 11:41 pm
Just Joined

Could well be but to test the lippie I need to spend 12,500 - 50,000 GBP pounds so think I'll stick to Channel in Paris,
Old Jul 26th 2009, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

You tell me honey?
Old Jul 26th 2009, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

Mmmm, a big fat zero, well that's because they're so new, and the response has been so fantastic that they were'nt prepared.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

I do appreciate your comments, thank you so much. I thought I could smell a rat or two , perhaps three and you have saved me 50,000 GBP Pounds!

I find it amax¡zing how easily it is to get to the fact's on here

Love Joan
Old Jul 26th 2009, 11:52 pm
Just Joined

Why, according to them the best bars, hotels and clubs in Marbella all use their fantastic products!!
Old Jul 26th 2009, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Also, if they are operating in Spain, they are obliged by law to display their Cif number and contact details on all their advertising, assuming they are a legal business of course!
Old Jul 27th 2009, 12:19 am
Just Joined

That's a good point - exactly what my advisors said, so they,re obviously illegal, thasnks

Joan
Old Jul 27th 2009, 12:26 am
Just Joined

Mmm none, because they're new and the response has been so good that they were taken by surprise. In the end they confirmed they were not in the franchise business, after wasting much time and said they don't take royalties but sell licencees, sounds like back tracking to me, still if they can make 50,000 GBP a throw I must be doing something wrong

Love

Joan