Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Gordon Brown, Time too leave.

Gordon Brown, Time too leave.

Old Nov 9th 2009, 7:44 am
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of
Default Gordon Brown, Time too leave.

Is there no end to this idiot.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Pol...ers_Name_Wrong

I watched the Albert Hall concert on Saturday, they panned the camera over Gordon, he could not have looked anymore bored.

I guess its difficult to be in that place knowing your responsible for the death of so many in Afghanistan, but the least you could do is appear solum, although i fear he cant spell that.

On Sunday he places his respects on the Cenotaph, nope he forgets to bow his head.

Time for an election I believe.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 7:54 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gordon Brown, Time too leave.

Originally Posted by chulo
Is there no end to this idiot.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Pol...ers_Name_Wrong

I watched the Albert Hall concert on Saturday, they panned the camera over Gordon, he could not have looked anymore bored.

I guess its difficult to be in that place knowing your responsible for the death of so many in Afghanistan, but the least you could do is appear solum, although i fear he cant spell that.

On Sunday he places his respects on the Cenotaph, nope he forgets to bow his head.

Time for an election I believe.
Yes its Solemn

But that aside, he always looks bored, as if he's miles away .. and he probably is, as he has a lot to think about.

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Nov 9th 2009 at 7:57 am.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:15 am
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

I blame your spell checker.

And the rest of the world does not have much to consider.

I guess he`s wishing he had the election pre 09.

Its been rumoured he would leave, but believes there is no person more qualified to run the country.

Imagine what would happen to business if everybody self certified there competency.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:26 am
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

What is the likelyhood of Labour getting through again with or without Gormless Brown?
Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:38 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

but the least you could do is appear solum, although i fear he cant spell that.
Is Solum the brother of Golum? Don't worry, we've all shot ourselves in the foot at times
Old Nov 9th 2009, 9:43 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madridboy
What is the likelyhood of Labour getting through again with or without Gormless Brown?
Up until a few weeks ago I thought the Tories were a shoo-in to get re-elected. However they've recently been performing very poorly. It's almost as though they don't want to win the next election. Considering the shocking state of the economy I can't blame them. At some point all the QE money NuLab have pumped into banks will result in inflationary pressure. Does not look good at all - but hey, maybe I'm wrong and Gordo's an economic genius I'm going for a lie-down...
Old Nov 9th 2009, 10:37 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I believe the election will be close, despite the polls. The clever Labour spin machine has got a decisive trick up its sleeve. All they need to do is erect some giant size posters with the Bullingdon buffoons in all their glory, Cameron, Osbourne and Boris, wearing their uniform of proud and silly snobbery.

Then contrast that with the little guy, the hard-working Brown, who may have messed up sometimes, but always with the best of intention. And house prices are going up again.

And my mob? They’ve got no chance, all they ever go on about is raising taxes.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 11:02 am
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

All the political parties believe they have the countries best intentions at heart but is it now a case of "better the devil you know" or "better the devil you knew but now with some modifications"
Old Nov 9th 2009, 11:44 am
Banned

I guess with all those hand written letters he sends and running the country he has no time to think about spelling, its not as if a letter to a family who lost there son is important.

I`m sure if I was to hand write a letter to him with the ratio of mistakes to content that was in his letter, there would be no negative opinion made as to the subject I`m writing and my ability to comprehend the subject.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 1:57 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

It's not so much just the spelling mistakes, but more the wavy, garbled, almost unintelligible scribble that would be an absolute disgrace even for a kid at primary school.
Somewhat difficult to comprehend that the person who wrote that abomination of a note,(can't call it a letter), is actually the Prime Minister of the UK.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 2:27 pm
Banned

It could be taken that the person receiving the letter should have been grateful they received a personally hand written letter from somebody of such importance.

Gordon Brown is the thick element of the labour duo, Blair although just as arrogant, did have the ability to sell his charm, unlike Brown who just can`t quiet manage it.

He`s the man every kid hopes never to have as a father.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 2:36 pm
Yaaarp

I believe if you're going to do something then do it properly or not at all. To use his bad eyesight in one eye as an excuse is poor and possibly offensive to those others with partial sightness that could have written a more legible letter. I can't imagine how the family of that soldier must have felt, possibly feeling that it is an unnecessary war where there son did not deserve to die, to then recieve what looks like a hastily written letter with little thought put into it.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 3:32 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Too leave what?
Old Nov 10th 2009, 6:58 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Thank god I didn't have to write those letters, my handwriting is worse than his.

Personally I see it as a cynical exercise in desperately throwing any mud available in the hope that some will stick.

Taping someones phone conversation without their permission? Naughty, naughty. I'd have more sympathy with the mother if I didn't feel she was involved in such a trick. It's hard to play the martyr when you seem to be so cynically using your son's death to score political points.

I also think it will misfire, as a lot of people are feeling sympathy with him over this.

Asfor the Tories, well, if they had been in control, I reckon we would be just as deep in the you-know-what, if not deeper. There is no way that I feel that an Etonian millionaire has a clue as to what us plebs have to live with.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 7:34 pm
Banned

Well on the planet there are rich countries, less rich countries, poor countries and so on.

The rich countries in general, I`m sure someone will google an example to contradict this, but generally countries with a high proportion of greedy well educated rich kids in govt tends fall within the rich end of the list.

I prefer the first, but then I`m honest and I`m quite happy that the people in power sometimes fiddle there expenses, makes them ordinary, why, because most people have fiddled there employers at some point in there lives, getting a free business lunch with family has been a perk for many, generally the people in companies entitled to claim expenses are earning more money for the business than a checkout girl in Tesco`s.

A high portion Joe public in that position would have done the same, band wagons tend to be full of liars.

I don`t know if Mr Cameron would run the country any better or worse, but I`m all for an elected leader as opposed a self imposed one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.