Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Gordon Brown, Time too leave.

Gordon Brown, Time too leave.

Old Nov 11th 2009, 10:29 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Gordon Brown, Time too leave.

Did I say I`d vote Conservative, oh all right then, I`ll choose the team that will service Britain best.

If only they`d got in sooner.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 10:35 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Who is there to vote for? Who can you respect?

I saw a poster, a long time ago, and it said, 'no matter who you vote for, the government always gets in.'

Basically, your choice at the next election boils down to whether the government will f'ck you wearing a red, blue or yellow condom.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 10:44 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Well I have been voting many yrs and lived through both parties times, never had the pleasure of being rear ended by a politician though.

I don`t tend to argue about the future, tend to be pointless really.

I was not born into poverty, lived in middle class Britain, educated (Some word argue that, they may have a point !) and built a modest lifestyle and business.

Nothing so far has turned me bitter.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 9:07 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chulo
Well I have been voting many yrs and lived through both parties times, never had the pleasure of being rear ended by a politician though.

I don`t tend to argue about the future, tend to be pointless really.

I was not born into poverty, lived in middle class Britain, educated (Some word argue that, they may have a point !) and built a modest lifestyle and business.

Nothing so far has turned me bitter.

Well, I'd have to say that my life pretty well echoes that, but I would make the observation that most of us have been rearended by the political system many times.

Bitter? More cynical and paranoid. I'd have to say that by the time you hit 50, if you aren't cynical and paranoid, then you simply aren't paying attention.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 12:53 pm
Banned

Maybe age defines us more than politics.

Humans don`t have a right to anything.

We get born and we die, inbetween that is up to you.

I gather your looking to retire to Spain, many people around the world don`t have that option.

So you haven`t done to bad, have you.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

lmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud of

Hi all
It does not really matter who gets in as there is little difference between them.
Unfortunatley its just the Conservative's turn. They will have 2 terms maybe then Labour will be back in.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 9:52 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Thank god I didn't have to write those letters, my handwriting is worse than his.
Mine is almost illegible, except to me, even with my glasses on, If tried to write without them on, which is in effect what he is trying to do, then no-one would understand me, and before anyone comes out with the comment he should have worn his glasses, then there are no glasses that can sort his eye problems out. Comment in the press this morning about that saying with his eyesight it's like trying to put the dot on a i that is almost invisible, with a 4" paintbrush. No, I'm not a supporter of Labour, I just feel that Mrs Janes has made a mountain out of a molehill for her own reasons, admirable though they may be. Even the BBC got it wrong saying, on 'The One Show' that her son had been killed in Iraq, and they had to issue an aplology.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 3:58 pm
Banned

spaniola has a brilliant futurespaniola has a brilliant futurespaniola has a brilliant futurespaniola has a brilliant futurespaniola has a brilliant futurespaniola has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lmj50
Hi all
It does not really matter who gets in as there is little difference between them.
Unfortunatley its just the Conservative's turn. They will have 2 terms maybe then Labour will be back in.
I agree.. there all useless BNP is the only hope and they got NO Chance
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 9:56 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe an update is in order? Labour is now only six points behind in the opinion polls, six months before the election.

House prices are going up again and the Conservatives have changed their minds over the Lisbon referendum.

And the Labour spin machine hasn’t even started yet, it’s too early. Apart from the Bullingdon story, they have Cameron’s expenses and Osbourne’s dark little secret. Any one of them can swing the vote the other way, and I don’t think the Sun will win it this time.

If I was a bookmaker, I’d have them both on even money, and I’d be looking at Reuters for the big story to break. The Sword of Damocles is back.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 10:03 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Maybe an update is in order? Labour is now only six points behind in the opinion polls, six months before the election.

House prices are going up again and the Conservatives have changed their minds over the Lisbon referendum.

And the Labour spin machine hasn’t even started yet, it’s too early. Apart from the Bullingdon story, they have Cameron’s expenses and Osbourne’s dark little secret. Any one of them can swing the vote the other way, and I don’t think the Sun will win it this time.

If I was a bookmaker, I’d have them both on even money, and I’d be looking at Reuters for the big story to break. The Sword of Damocles is back.
No they haven't, they have no choice but to accept it, its now part of European law and the only way they can do anything about it is by coming out of Europe, which would be disastrous for the UK.
I have yet to meet anyone in my travels who wants them back, even loyal supporters have had enough.
... and I wouldn't hold too much stock in Polls, pay a company enough money and a poll will tell you anything you want, down here in the West Labour are about to pull out completely and they support is lower than its ever been in their history. The only thing I can safely predict is that the Lib Dems are going to make up a lot of ground in former Labour strongholds.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=HBG;8118384]Maybe an update is in order? Labour is now only six points behind in the opinion polls, six months before the election.

Well we had better all hope that that poll is a blip or we can all kiss goodbye to a place in the sun.
If the markets even get a sniff that this corrupt bunch of carpetbaggers might hang on to power, parity with the Euro will be a distant memory. The last two years would be like a stroll in the park compared to the nightmare that even one more year of Gordon would bring about.

There is no more money left.Nothing. Not a bean.

He has spent our pensions and savings. He has mortgaged our childrens' income. And he has raided the grandchildren's piggy banks.

Read the IMF reports the OECD, Institute, World Bank, even the European Commission. - all those people who for YEARS have been warning this nincompoop where he was leading us- straight into Carey Street.

Little of the boom was real. It was always just borrowing, borrowing and more borrowing - from the future, because he calculated (rightly) that people would not notice as it was future income they were losing, not current.
Well now is that future. The reason we are broke as a nation is because Gordon has already blown the money. And it will be a generation of real pain before we can get back to where we were.

The only Chancellor who did a comparable amount of damage was German.And at least he had the moral fibre to take the loaded revolver. Something everyone in the Government has been trying to get Bottler Brown to do for a year now.

Its all academic anyway. Gordon never stood his ground in his life and he won't this time.
He will bottle again and resign "on medical grounds" before the election.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 11:37 am
Banned

In a recent poll Spain was listed as 32nd in the league of corruption.

You could have made Spain No 1 and the least corrupt country if you excluded the other 31 in your survey.

I doubt many will vote again this time, Labour although in power, are there only because voters don`t vote.

I wouldn`t like to assume anything, the conservatives certainly seem to have something in reserve, we`ll see sometime closer to the election.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 4:26 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Applies to any party
Q. 'How do you know when a politician is lying'

A. 'Their lips move'
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 5:44 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I’m not a fan of Brown, but he didn’t do any worse, or better than any other European Chancellor. Germany is probably the closest country for a comparison basis, and they’re much in the same position as we’re in, with just as many stealth taxes and similar levels of unemployment, welfare etc.

They probably came out of recession slightly faster because they didn’t join in the invasion of Iraq and its horrendous costs.

Could I vote for a toff with a moat? Or a grumpy Jock. Or that liberal, not the grumpy Jock, the new one, I’ve forgotten his name. If Paddy Ashdown hadn’t been caught with his trousers down, I might have voted for him.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 6:34 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don’t mind flogging a dead horse, but I saw on the news this morning that two of the European countries still in recession, Spain and the UK, both had a drop in GDP of 0.3 percent in the third quarter.

I wanted to shout at the telly, ‘how dare you compare us with Spain’, but just remembered where I was in time.

That’s the truth of it, the UK is just as much in trouble as Spain, it may be hard to swallow for the people still reminiscing about empire and all that nonsense, but those economic figures don’t lie.

I don’t mind the UK being compared to Spain, as long as they don’t start comparing us with Latvia, I would get really angry then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.