Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Google streetview

Google streetview

Old Dec 9th 2009, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

campolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant future
Default Re: Google streetview

Spain seems to be better served than the UK.
Virtually every street in the Foia de Castalla are shown and a lot of roads in the Campo. The autopistas and autovias have good coverage too.

Even the M1 in the UK has no street level view. Lots of cities not covered at all.

I think it is great. Used it to "fly" a confusing part of a route and knew which lane etc before even getting there.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 6:16 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by campolife
Spain seems to be better served than the UK.
Virtually every street in the Foia de Castalla are shown and a lot of roads in the Campo. The autopistas and autovias have good coverage too.

Even the M1 in the UK has no street level view. Lots of cities not covered at all.

I think it is great. Used it to "fly" a confusing part of a route and knew which lane etc before even getting there.
Currently doing a lot of the streets in the UK, Lincolnshire is one part they are doing, but I bet they don't come round here.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 9:46 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

.... anyone want to give us a clue as to how to start Google Street View? I've searched and can't find a single link.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
.... anyone want to give us a clue as to how to start Google Street View? I've searched and can't find a single link.
It's part of Google Earth.
Go into Google Earth, then zoom down to the camera icons, if the area is included, you will get a pop up option to use street view.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 11:17 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valenciatim
It's part of Google Earth.
Go into Google Earth, then zoom down to the camera icons, if the area is included, you will get a pop up option to use street view.
also a little icon on the top of the zoom thing will be in orange.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 11:20 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Left hand side at the bottom there is a list of icons, you have to tick the street view one, the one with a little man on it.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 12:07 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant - thanks all,found it
Old Dec 10th 2009, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

We use it all the time.Our house and street is on it too now-very recently done.
We access it through maps at the top of the google search page.

Its very easy.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 12:23 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
if you haven't downloaded google earth simply go to google maps:

http://maps.google.com/

in the top left corner of the map window you'll see a little orange man icon
drag that into the rest of the map window and areas where streetview is covered will turn blue.
if you zoom using the +/- slider underneath the orange man into the area you want to look at you'll see the individual covered streets are highlighted blue. when you pull the orange man to the street you want to look at the view will automatically change to street view if you're on a covered street.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 3:17 pm
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice

well i looked on google earth and found my house on there a photo had been taken of it we are near sorbas in a very small village and there it is as plain as day .i think they say big brother is watching you .
Old Dec 10th 2009, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
if you haven't downloaded google earth simply go to google maps:

http://maps.google.com/

in the top left corner of the map window you'll see a little orange man icon
drag that into the rest of the map window and areas where streetview is covered will turn blue.
if you zoom using the +/- slider underneath the orange man into the area you want to look at you'll see the individual covered streets are highlighted blue. when you pull the orange man to the street you want to look at the view will automatically change to street view if you're on a covered street.
But note, the orange man can't swim. I tried to drag him into the Indian Ocean when I was Googling Fremantle and he wasn't having it!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 6:47 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by montgomail
But note, the orange man can't swim. I tried to drag him into the Indian Ocean when I was Googling Fremantle and he wasn't having it!
That´s next, Google Oceanview, with a little diver to explore underwater!!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 8:01 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Could that be since the reaction in UK where people threatened to sue and a campaign was raised to ban the camera car. The net result was that Google agreed to delete any image on request from the house holder!
I've noticed that quite a few shots seem to have been deleted from the UK site.
Apart from the issue of invasion of privacy,(some shots can even be zoomed through windows),a lot of ppl.could be caught with their trousers down in compromising circumstances.
Apart from cheating partners,there are skivers from work,social security cowboy worker fiddlers,fraudulent incapacity claimers and who knows how many others who could have been caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.
However on the plus side it could maybe help nail a criminal or two.
Wonder how the Spanish will look on it, or other countries also where privacy is more highly valued.
Maybe only people free shots will come to be the norm.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 8:43 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Wonder how the Spanish will look on it, or other countries also where privacy is more highly valued.
I doubt many are aware of it.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

johnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nicejohnnycakes is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jur
I heard about that, but who´s face did they put on ?

When Google Earth came out I also viewed my house, but that´s all. Google streetview in my opinion is a clumsy tool which serves no real purpose.
Clumsy in what sense? You can go down (or up) a street really easily, and also pan and zoom.

I use it quite frequently to see where exactly I'm going if I've not been before. This has come in very handy to see exact street signs and lanes, to confirm the route google suggests is legal. I also use it to see if there is anywhere I can lock my bike up instead of trying to find a decent place once I arrive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.