Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Google streetview

Google streetview

Old Dec 8th 2009, 6:43 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Google streetview

It´s here! Well, they´ve added Huelva capital and a number of towns in our Province, even Spain´s metropolitan city Lepe (wink) has been included....

Ayamonte & Isla Cristina have been skipped somehow, wonder why.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 9:31 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Google streetview

The coverage is impressive.

They even came 2km up our road in the Campo!
Old Dec 8th 2009, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Google streetview

Originally Posted by Jur
It´s here! Well, they´ve added Huelva capital and a number of towns in our Province, even Spain´s metropolitan city Lepe (wink) has been included....

Ayamonte & Isla Cristina have been skipped somehow, wonder why.
Just wait a day or two. They had a camera car driving round Esuri on Dec 1st saw him up by the shop and round the townhouses.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 10:45 pm
Account Closed

Aussie30 is an unknown quantity at this point

My street here in Conil is on there too
Old Dec 8th 2009, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all

judging from the photos. our place was done last feb/march
Old Dec 9th 2009, 5:28 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Our pics are about a year old or so, don`t hold your breath John.
We can turn one of the cameras and zoom down into the garden, strange how there are no people in the pics though.

Last edited by jdr; Dec 9th 2009 at 5:30 am.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Google streetview

Originally Posted by jdr
Our pics are about a year old or so, don`t hold your breath John.
We can turn one of the cameras and zoom down into the garden, strange how there are no people in the pics though.
Could that be since the reaction in UK where people threatened to sue and a campaign was raised to ban the camera car. The net result was that Google agreed to delete any image on request from the house holder!
Old Dec 9th 2009, 8:24 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

The Costs Blanca is well covered, I was able to visit all the houses we had rented while over there. I saw the Street Map car several times, Punta Prima was done end 2008, beg 2009, Albir around the same time, certainly before June 2009 as the place we were in hadn't had it's Palm trees pruned.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 10:49 am
Jur

It´s fun too look at places, but is it a useful tool ?
Old Dec 9th 2009, 10:58 am
Account Closed

Aussie30 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have found it quite useful, especially when we were choosing where to live in Bristol as we were able to see what different areas looked like and how green it was.
I also like that my family and friends in Australia are able to see where I am living here in Spain too.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all

The pics for the Alcoy/Cocentaina/Muro area were done in February this year.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 12:44 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

The only person in Google street view so far to be pictured taking a pee in the street was a women caught crouched in between two parked cars in a Madrid street.

It has been removed, but can still be viewed on the net.

Old Dec 9th 2009, 2:21 pm
Jur

Originally Posted by chulo
The only person in Google street view so far to be pictured taking a pee in the street was a women caught crouched in between two parked cars in a Madrid street.

It has been removed, but can still be viewed on the net.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...t-enhanced.jpg
I heard about that, but who´s face did they put on ?

When Google Earth came out I also viewed my house, but that´s all. Google streetview in my opinion is a clumsy tool which serves no real purpose.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 2:24 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Yes it is a usefull tool - I was able to see what the Trafico building looked like in Seville before going there.

Davexf
Old Dec 9th 2009, 2:28 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jur
Google streetview in my opinion is a clumsy tool which serves no real purpose.
I can view it on my Nokia 3 G E phone.

It would be great if I was a criminal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.