Goodbye Sky TV

Old Jan 17th 2013, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goodbye Sky TV

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Wow Mike that's great - thanks.

I think I will go to the guy in VRSA and ask about all this.... when we 'lose' satellite...

Lets hope the 3G dongle is time based only and without any transfer limits....

Thanks again

Jon
TMN don't seem to be offering the 3G dongle or service on their web site. There is a .pdf document with all the tarrifs - but my Portuguese is not up to the translation and as it's a .pdf then google wont touch it. On the 3G tarrif it says €0,32 per min!
Old Jan 17th 2013, 2:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
TMN don't seem to be offering the 3G dongle or service on their web site. There is a .pdf document with all the tarrifs - but my Portuguese is not up to the translation and as it's a .pdf then google wont touch it. On the 3G tarrif it says €0,32 per min!
Try using a free pdf to word converter program then google translate

http://www.hellopdf.com/

Last edited by Fredbargate; Jan 17th 2013 at 2:26 pm. Reason: Link added
Old Jan 19th 2013, 5:43 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Look at this.. http://www.europa-network.com/
Old Jan 20th 2013, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
Don't forget you'd need a lindline as well - so add that rental. Then you'd have to hope that Telefonica will provide better than 3Mb consistently in order to get SD quality.
We're Virgin Media customers in the UK and they have recently launced TVAnywhere. Anybody know if it's restricted to the UK? Anyone tried it?
Old Jan 20th 2013, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Don't forget you'd need a lindline as well - so add that rental. Then you'd have to hope that Telefonica will provide better than 3Mb consistently in order to get SD quality.
We're Virgin Media customers in the UK and they have recently launced TVAnywhere. Anybody know if it's restricted to the UK? Anyone tried it?
Hi Mike, I believe its the same as Sky Go and is aimed at Mobile devices i.e. smartphones, tablets etc and is designed for Virgin customers in the UK. I don't know whether you could sign up in the UK and watch in Spain via a proxy server but if you Google their website all the details are there. Regards Bryony via Mike
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Europa will give you all of the info you need including the max speed that your line can carry and they will help you set it up. You will still be using Telefonicas line, which is rented by Europa.
I have to say that the service and picture quality is excellent. Believe me, I wouldn't be with them if it wasn't

John.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:56 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Mate here pays €40 a month .. That gets him Internet, Phone calls and UK TV..
Old Jan 20th 2013, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi Mike, I believe its the same as Sky Go and is aimed at Mobile devices i.e. smartphones, tablets etc and is designed for Virgin customers in the UK. I don't know whether you could sign up in the UK and watch in Spain via a proxy server but if you Google their website all the details are there. Regards Bryony via Mike
Thanks Bryony - have tried it out at home and it worked fine, even has integration with IPlayer which is one up on Filmon.
I suspect that it is UK only but it doesn't tell you on the website.
It looks like a great service but would probably need a VPN to use in CE.
I saw this on the Portugal forum: http://uk.newfreevpn.com/ which may be useful to others in the same boat. I will see if my G3 dongle is up to it when were next out there and if not I might invest in a G4 dongle and a month's subscription.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice

We have a hopper box from Has Europe

It Plugs into our Movistar router and then we can watch BBC Iplayer/ITV Player etc on TV/PC/IPod.. It also plugs into the sky box to get sky on demand....

http://http://www.haseurope.com/vpn.aspx
Old Jan 21st 2013, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

cleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant futurecleverdic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The Pope
We have a hopper box from Has Europe

It Plugs into our Movistar router and then we can watch BBC Iplayer/ITV Player etc on TV/PC/IPod.. It also plugs into the sky box to get sky on demand....

http://http://www.haseurope.com/vpn.aspx
Hi, I'm reading their website but unsure of the deal. Is the hopper box a one off price or do you need to sign up to some sort of of monthly or annual subscription?
Old Jan 21st 2013, 2:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Goodbye Sky TV

Originally Posted by cleverdic
Hi, I'm reading their website but unsure of the deal. Is the hopper box a one off price or do you need to sign up to some sort of of monthly or annual subscription?
I thought it said €150 per annum but that includes them joining you to Sky and then maintaining your membership. There is a one off fee for the hopper box.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 5:42 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

My friend and I tried my TMN 3g dongle at his place an apartment on Las Encinas on the ground floor last night. He wanted to see if we could get a good signal - before considering buying it - or a subscription using it.

It is probably one of the furthest places from Portugal and hardest to get a signal, being lower down as well.... But no problem, a good signal strength. We streamed TV from filmon and it was fine.

The download speed was 3.64 mb/s perfectly good for SD streaming.

Now I am hoping that our PAYG is time based only - with no data limits.......

Jon
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 6:36 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl

Now I am hoping that our PAYG is time based only - with no data limits.......

Jon
Why don't you just try streaming for a few hours and see what happens.

I have yet to see any 3G service that doesn't have a speed limit after a certain time. There just isn't the bandwidth available. OK Portugal may be different but I haven't seen one in Spain.

4G may well be different as there isn't much point in having a 50mb connection with a low data limit.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 6:55 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Why don't you just try streaming for a few hours and see what happens.

I have yet to see any 3G service that doesn't have a speed limit after a certain time. There just isn't the bandwidth available. OK Portugal may be different but I haven't seen one in Spain.

4G may well be different as there isn't much point in having a 50mb connection with a low data limit.
Hi Fred

I could do that - but at the moment no need to try as the 3G service is perfect for me. So no need to toss the money away.

When the satellite is switched off - I will automatically find out if there are data limits when I connect up to the TV and use remote desktop for Belgian TV... and filmon for UK TV.....

But still

Thanks
Jon
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice

Originally Posted by cleverdic
Yeah.. you buy the box (50€) they configure it for you, so it just plugs straight into the router.

Then you pay an annual subscription €150....

This works for SKY and for IPLAYER etc...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.