Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Good Tapas in Sevilla

Good Tapas in Sevilla

Old Nov 16th 2012, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good Tapas in Sevilla

If anyone is going to be visting Sevilla in the near future, I can recommend a couple of good places for tapas.

1) Vineria de San Telmo, Paseo Catalina de Ribera (at the top end of the Jardines de Murillo). For lunch today I had wild mushrooms and warm foie topped with a poached egg, squid ink spaghetti with pesto and grilled scallops, and fillet of beef with a honey mustard sauce and yucca crisps. They have a good selection of vegetarian ones too. They cost at least twice as much as I'd have to pay locally (their tapas range from €2.50 to €4.60) but are in a different class from the same-same stuff that gets served up here. I'd kill for a place like this in Velez, or even in Malaga Capital!

2) La Parrilla del Badaluque on Alameda de Hercules. Had a very good salmorejo and pork tenderloin with caramelised apples, served with rice and slices of baked potato. Very big servings for tapas, two were quite enough. Slightly cheaper than the first one.
Old Nov 17th 2012, 6:56 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good Tapas in Sevilla

Originally Posted by Lynn R
If anyone is going to be visting Sevilla in the near future, I can recommend a couple of good places for tapas.

1) Vineria de San Telmo, Paseo Catalina de Ribera (at the top end of the Jardines de Murillo). For lunch today I had wild mushrooms and warm foie topped with a poached egg, squid ink spaghetti with pesto and grilled scallops, and fillet of beef with a honey mustard sauce and yucca crisps. They have a good selection of vegetarian ones too. They cost at least twice as much as I'd have to pay locally (their tapas range from €2.50 to €4.60) but are in a different class from the same-same stuff that gets served up here. I'd kill for a place like this in Velez, or even in Malaga Capital!

2) La Parrilla del Badaluque on Alameda de Hercules. Had a very good salmorejo and pork tenderloin with caramelised apples, served with rice and slices of baked potato. Very big servings for tapas, two were quite enough. Slightly cheaper than the first one.
Sounds good, note made for next time in Seville, stayed in a hotel right near the Hercules.
If looking for that chocolate boost then try the confiteria La Campana on the junction of Calle Martin Villa and Calle Santa Maria Gracia and Calle de la Campana. The only drawback is there is a McDonalds 2 shops away, but there are the shops on the Calle Sierpes which is a pedestrian precinct.

`
Old Nov 17th 2012, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
Sounds good, note made for next time in Seville, stayed in a hotel right near the Hercules.
If looking for that chocolate boost then try the confiteria La Campana on the junction of Calle Martin Villa and Calle Santa Maria Gracia and Calle de la Campana. The only drawback is there is a McDonalds 2 shops away, but there are the shops on the Calle Sierpes which is a pedestrian precinct.

`
Sorry, just noticed I spelt the name of the second one wrong (it was a long day yesterday!). It's La Parrilla de Badulaque.

I know the confiteria La Campana, it's a lovely shop. There is also a very good shop that sells chocolates on Calle Imagen near the Santa Catalina church, and the Robles Laredo cafeteria on Plaza San Francisco (where the Ayuntamiento is) - a fabulous selection of cakes. Not good for the waistline but tomorrow we diet!
Old Nov 17th 2012, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

We went to the Vineria San Telmo in September and the food was very good. I had a goats cheese tower that was particularly memorable.
However the best meal of our trip was at Modesto, 2 doors away. It doesn't get such a good write up on Trip Advisor - someone complained the waiters don't speak english!!! However as we speak spanish and sat inside where all the locals were, we chatted to the waiter who showed us some of the dishes he was taking outside and that helped us choose an excellent meal.
Old Nov 17th 2012, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

You have to visit Bar Europa!

Old Dec 11th 2012, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

AdrianaSH is an unknown quantity at this point

best places are away from touristic places. Try popular neighbourhoods like Macarena (there are a couple of very nice places in Avenida de Miraflores), or calle Amador de los Ríos. Very nice food, quite cheap, don't expect beautiful restaurants, just plain "tascas"
Old Dec 11th 2012, 5:26 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdrianaSH
best places are away from touristic places. Try popular neighbourhoods like Macarena (there are a couple of very nice places in Avenida de Miraflores), or calle Amador de los Ríos. Very nice food, quite cheap, don't expect beautiful restaurants, just plain "tascas"
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary