Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone in the Puerto Rico area?

Anyone in the Puerto Rico area?

Old Dec 11th 2012, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

Skitten is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in the Puerto Rico area?

Afternoon. Anyone on here in or around PR? Moving out in June with my husband & two cats.

Interested to know other people's experience of renting with pets.

Also, the location of the nearest big supermarket & if any buses go there, as we don't drive at present. We'll probably get Scooters once we've found work.

Oh, & any tips on finding work would also be greatly appreciated! I'm mainly intereseted in bar or retail work. Had enough of offices to last a lifetime!
Old Dec 11th 2012, 1:55 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in the Puerto Rico area?

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Dec 11th 2012, 1:59 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Skitten
Afternoon. Anyone on here in or around PR? Moving out in June with my husband & two cats.

Interested to know other people's experience of renting with pets.

Also, the location of the nearest big supermarket & if any buses go there, as we don't drive at present. We'll probably get Scooters once we've found work.

Oh, & any tips on finding work would also be greatly appreciated! I'm mainly intereseted in bar or retail work. Had enough of offices to last a lifetime!
hi

I'm not sure quite where you mean tbh - I know there's a Puerto Rico on Gran Canaria - is it that one?

one thing you need to know - unemployment in Spain generally is about 3x that of the UK - Spaniards are leaving in droves for work in other countries... such as Germany & the UK

one other important point - in order to register as resident you have to show that you have an income (contracted job, pension etc) & that you have healthcare provision

not a good plan to come over on spec - it could end up as a long expensive holiday
Old Dec 11th 2012, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
hi

one thing you need to know - unemployment in Spain generally is about 3x that of the UK - Spaniards are leaving in droves for work in other countries... such as Germany & the UK

not a good plan to come over on spec - it could end up as a long expensive holiday
How right you are - just as an example, a young neighbour of ours has just given us a lift back to town and was thrilled to tell us that after a two week trip around Germany, Scotland and England in search of work, he is setting off to start work on Friday in a meat processing factory in Hull. Sounds pretty dire to me, but after 3 years without a job he is chuffed to little mint balls. He's going to be paid £1,600 per month and can rent a cheap flat in a block where lots of other Spaniards are living, and there is transport laid on to take them to work and back.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

Skitten is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. Sorry, it's Puerto Rico, Gran Canaria.

I'm actually studying web design at the moment, with a view to setting up my own business, so doesn't really matter where I do it from. Would just be nice to find something in the meantime though.

Hubby is musical & planning on setting himself up as a bar / resort entertainer & maybe doing a bit of tutoring.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 6:09 pm
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Look up JOBS AND HELP GC on facebook and Places for Rent Gran Canaria.. there is plenty of places on facebook about Gran Canaria and Puerto Rico.. Come out on a 2 week holiday and see for yourself whats going on.. Rent 450 to 500 euro all in..

Last edited by tommy.irene; Dec 11th 2012 at 6:11 pm.