Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

good regions in spain

good regions in spain

Old Jun 11th 2013, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

entrepinos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: good regions in spain

It sounds like you have your work cut out in finding the ideal location! We bought a holiday home in Hinojos, Huelva 5 years ago and had the same predicament in trying to tick all the boxes (something which rarely happens). We can currently fly Stansted/Gatwick to Seville with a 40 minute transfer or alternatively fly into Faro from most British airports and have a 90 minute drive up an empty motorway. The beach at Matalascanas is a 30 minute drive and the nearest hospital is in the next town (Pilas) 20 minutes away or in Seville.
We have very few tourists as such, only visitors to the nearby nature reserve and El Rocio. If you were to buy inland I would think that your budget would be achievable. From experience, a lot of the properties advertised on the estate agents websites either do not exist when you arrive or are located in the back of beyond with a wall missing! The best advice I can give is to choose your location, book into a hotel for a week, hire a car and look out for the 'SE VENDE' signs. This will hopefully save you some money (our property was over inflated by the agent to the tune of 28,000 euros but still a bargain). Research and find a good solicitor before you go. Good Luck!
Old Jun 11th 2013, 1:57 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Relampago
Spain has many beautiful places, but like Murcia it is the place that more I know...The small region has of everything: orchards, seaboard, high mountain, steppes, etc etc etc. And I believe that good air communications with UK
don't like to worry you lampy but there are one or two hundred houses shown there that, if they really are of Spain (sri newbie and don't know everywhere yet) then they are due for demolition as the Ley de Costas invokes a 550m boundary between high tide and the first building.

but whatever, this is another opportunity to increase my post rate
Old Jun 11th 2013, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

entrepinos is an unknown quantity at this point

Lampy? You are indeed correct in stating that there is some coastal erosion in the area and I have witnessed some illegal builds disappearing into the sea, but at a good 30km from the coast I don't think I will be waking to the sound of the breakers crashing in my lifetime - never mind yours!
Old Jun 12th 2013, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

You would get a 2 bed apartment in Costa Esuri (Ayamonte) for €75k, it is less than 10 minutes drive from both Ayamonte in Spain and Vila Real in Portugal, 20 minutes from the beach and Faro airport is 35minutes or Seville is 90 minutes.