Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

good areas to live kids??

good areas to live kids??

Old Feb 18th 2011, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: good areas to live kids??

Originally Posted by Rotor
I`d be surprised if "ag man" has any himself ,he has told us he rents ,runs a cheap car and was once thinking about going autonomo ,not the comments of a high flyer guess he`s just insecure
Not sure if that's me, but if so methinks you are a tad confused. I don't live in Spain, so don't rent, I have a mortgage free house in UK, have a very nice new car thanks which I change every 2 years, and as I've never worked in Spain, not sure why I'd be thinking about going autonomo. But don't let these little inconsistencies spoil your story, tell us more.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Not sure if that's me, but if so methinks you are a tad confused. I don't live in Spain, so don't rent, I have a mortgage free house in UK, have a very nice new car thanks which I change every 2 years, and as I've never worked in Spain, not sure why I'd be thinking about going autonomo. But don't let these little inconsistencies spoil your story, tell us more.
No ,no, I was on about the obnoxious cricket person , I pressumed L daddy was as well.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

I`d be surprised if "ag man" has any himself ,he has told us he rents ,runs a cheap car and was once thinking about going autonomo ,not the comments of a high flyer guess he`s just insecure
Ah me!

So people who rent are poor are they?

Then you are even stupider than I gave you credit for.

Re, the cheap car, means I can park it anywhere and not worry about the dozens of scratches its picked up over the years

Meanwhile we just keep squirreling our money away. Could probably buy your garage now Rotor
Old Feb 18th 2011, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

No ,no, I was on about the obnoxious cricket person , I pressumed L daddy was as well.
In that case, perdóname, I'm with you! We agree on that. I doubt the Binman was, but then I don't see him, unless you quote him, then I can't avoid him, unfortunately!
Old Feb 18th 2011, 4:36 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Please cut out this personal stuff and get back on topic.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

xgembeanx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lushdaddy
I've never had to speak any spanish to have a job here (although a little learning along the way can help). Also, I have never paid private medical. Yet I have managed to secure jobs, on contract, with good hours, and be treated in hospital for free. (Many times unfortunately).

I don't know why people think it is so hard. Maybe some people are more employable than others. (As long as they don't come over and try to steal my job). It's no harder and no worse than the U.K. If you're sensible.
Maybe I'm just lucky..

hello, you have just confirmed what i was wondering for a long time. i have had so much different feedback, some good and some bad about work but the main thing that kept cropping up was the 'contract' bit as far as i was told you can get free health care ect if you have an employment contract BUT appartently there are 2 different types of contracts and thats where people get mistaken as to what they can and cant get. seems your 1 of the lucky 1's Hoody hope i have the same luck when i make the big move and i cant speak spanish and no matter how hard i try i cant seem to grasp it
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:52 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xgembeanx
hello, you have just confirmed what i was wondering for a long time. i have had so much different feedback, some good and some bad about work but the main thing that kept cropping up was the 'contract' bit as far as i was told you can get free health care ect if you have an employment contract BUT appartently there are 2 different types of contracts and thats where people get mistaken as to what they can and cant get. seems your 1 of the lucky 1's Hoody hope i have the same luck when i make the big move and i cant speak spanish and no matter how hard i try i cant seem to grasp it
What are the different contracts, whereby you get medical care with one and not the other?
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

xgembeanx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JLFS
What are the different contracts, whereby you get medical care with one and not the other?
well thats just it, im not sure, the only thing it said was that you be able to get medical care for free you had to have an employment contact and be paying into the system (which was obvious to me anyway) but then the artical went on to say how some contracts were slightly different (again they didnt state how) so very confusing.
i wish i would of saved the page i found it on now
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xgembeanx
well thats just it, im not sure, the only thing it said was that you be able to get medical care for free you had to have an employment contact and be paying into the system (which was obvious to me anyway) but then the artical went on to say how some contracts were slightly different (again they didnt state how) so very confusing.
i wish i would of saved the page i found it on now
It was probably talking about permanent contracts as apposed to short term contracts, many people here can only find employment on the temporary kind.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 4:42 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet
It was probably talking about permanent contracts as apposed to short term contracts, many people here can only find employment on the temporary kind.
I am no expert, but as far as I know if the quota is being paid to the SS then medical care is covered.

I know of workers who have never had a permanent contract in 25 years or more, but still have been working for most of the time, they have tempory ones or "fin de obra" contracts.

A fin de obra gives less "protection" than a tempory contract, because at least you will be working untill the contract expires, a F.d.o could last a couple of weeks or even less.

It weould be good to know about the people who are not covered when having a contract, so that others could be made aware, and not be "conned" so to speak.

Last edited by JLFS; Feb 23rd 2011 at 5:31 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 6:51 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lushdaddy
I've never had to speak any spanish to have a job here (although a little learning along the way can help). Also, I have never paid private medical. Yet I have managed to secure jobs, on contract, with good hours, and be treated in hospital for free. (Many times unfortunately).

I don't know why people think it is so hard. Maybe some people are more employable than others. (As long as they don't come over and try to steal my job). It's no harder and no worse than the U.K. If you're sensible.
Maybe I'm just lucky..
What´s your line of work? Might be helpful to know.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:06 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Jur
What´s your line of work? Might be helpful to know.
I dont know what job Lushdaddy does, but I know what he doesnt do.

He is not a wringer outer for a one armed window cleaner, I know for sure, because I have been informed by the powers that be I am the only person in Spain who is fully trained and affiliated for that profession.

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

bexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nice

does anyone know if there are any primary schools in olivia? any information would be greatly appreciated thank you xx
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 7:57 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bexstaspain
does anyone know if there are any primary schools in olivia? any information would be greatly appreciated thank you xx
do you mean Oliva?

if so, which one?
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

bexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nicebexstaspain is just really nice

yeah sorry oliva town not the old oliva thank you xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.