Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Good area to move to?

Good area to move to?

Old Jan 1st 2009, 10:18 am
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Fac

djrickyb has a brilliant futuredjrickyb has a brilliant futuredjrickyb has a brilliant futuredjrickyb has a brilliant futuredjrickyb has a brilliant futuredjrickyb has a brilliant futuredjrickyb has a brilliant future
Default Good area to move to?

Hi all.
We are looking to move within the next month or so from Lanzarote.
Where, in your opinion, is a decent area to move to that’s within 10 miles (16km) of Gibraltar?
Thanks
Old Jan 1st 2009, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Good area to move to?

Originally Posted by djrickyb
Hi all.
We are looking to move within the next month or so from Lanzarote.
Where, in your opinion, is a decent area to move to that’s within 10 miles (16km) of Gibraltar?
Thanks
eek! 10 miles doesn't give us much to play with does it? Skip straight through La Linea - it's a dump, and so is Algeciras.

Sotogrande is quite upmarket if you like toytown style of properties and don't mind spending lots of money.

Hmmm, now I'm stuck.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 12:44 pm

djrickyb has a brilliant futuredjrickyb has a brilliant futuredjrickyb has a brilliant futuredjrickyb has a brilliant futuredjrickyb has a brilliant futuredjrickyb has a brilliant futuredjrickyb has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jerezgirl
eek! 10 miles doesn't give us much to play with does it? Skip straight through La Linea - it's a dump, and so is Algeciras.

Sotogrande is quite upmarket if you like toytown style of properties and don't mind spending lots of money.

Hmmm, now I'm stuck.
I had read that the Rinconcillos area of Algeciras wasn't that bad.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 11:45 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Rugbymatt is well versed in that area he will be along soonest I am sure to give his sound advice and tell you exactly where to go
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Rugbymatt is well versed in that area he will be along soonest I am sure to give his sound advice and tell you exactly where to go
I have no doubt.
Coming from Norphuck I'm sure he's never far away from anywhere near water so he can flex those webbed feet of his.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 12:47 am

He is a good chap, Here he is at the Diss Branch of Woolworth closing down sale....................Needed a new string vest Due to a tragic accident making love to a cow and the milking stool slipping his webbed feet are now somewhat dysfunctional I am sorry to report.

http://www.dissexpress.co.uk/news/En...ore.4822120.jp

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:39 am.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 1:00 am

Nice to see djrickyb helping plod out doing a bit of grassing on the Old Blighty Crimewatch UK. Pictured with a right pair of local scallys.

Old Jan 2nd 2009, 1:34 am

Nice to see djrickyb helping plod out doing a bit of grassing on the Old Blighty Crimewatch UK. Pictured with a right pair of local scallys.
Who me!?
Look at me avatar.... I got hair and a tash!
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 11:24 am

Now that Gentlemens brain is in a jar in the USA as on death because of his genius it was preserved and hoped it would support various ideas about correlations in neuroanatomy with general or mathematical intelligence. Sooooooooooooooooo your Cranium is empty and that may explain the reason you rant and rave and swear because all that is between your ears is black sand from Lanza Grotty..........

Last edited by poshnbucks; Jan 2nd 2009 at 12:36 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 12:42 pm

Now that Gentlemens brain in a jar in the USA as on death because of his genius it was preserved and hoped it would support various ideas about correlations in neuroanatomy with general or mathematical intelligence. Sooooooooooooooooo your Cranium is empty and that may explain the reason you rant and rave and swear because all that is between your ears is black sand from Lanza Grotty..........
Rant and rave!?
Sure you're reading my posts?
7 times I've made comments directed towards Norphuck Twat... sorry I mean rugbymatt. It rhymes so I naturally get confused.
Not one of them were rants or raves.

Well... maybe one of them.
But he does bring it upon himself.
Don't give unless you can receive.

Damn!
I must be clever if I've had my brain removed and can still communicate!
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 11:15 pm

Rant and rave!?
7 times I've made comments directed towards Norphuck Twat... sorry I mean rugbymatt. It rhymes so I naturally get confused.

Damn!

Well lets not get ahead of ourselves here.....getit

Old Jan 2nd 2009, 11:46 pm

Well lets not get ahead of ourselves here.....getit

VERY good!
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 12:22 am

At the head of Algeciras Bay Rinconcillo is a little known fishing village that manages to remain unspoilt even though surrounded by industry. It also has one of the most fantastic sandy beaches on the coast and a stretch of protected sand dunes with a network of water channels behind forming a marismas. There is something for everybody here. The children can take to the dunes for a spot of dune jumping or they can scour the beach for the brightly coloured shells of all sorts of species that wash up here. Bird watchers can penetrate the marismas via a network of rough tracks and set themselves up in a bush overlooking a lagoon, where they will see any amount of waders and, if you are lucky, the resident ospreys and harriers. A walk to the end of the sand spit from Rinconcillo is about 2 kilometres and here you will reach the estuary of the Rio Guadacortes with, on the far bank, the fishing village of Las Palmones.

In the bay the constant water traffic in and out of Algeciras port is a spectacle in itself with the Rock towering up on the near horizon. Keep your eyes open for the gannets that dive for small fish just off the beach.

In Rinconcillo itself there is a large fish restaurant next to the car park that is a favourite with the Spanish on a Sunday. Alternatively you could visit Las Palmones that has a whole range of authentic Spanish seafood restaurants.

Sounds a bit of a yawn to live there I would guess, But OK to visit if you like steel and smoke.

http://www.algeciras.to/

http://www.andalucia-life.com/andalu...here_to_go.htm
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 2:47 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Rant and rave!?

Damn!
You know, for someone who likes to hang out with drag artists you really need to STFU, just because you have failed at being a, a, oh what is it you do? Oh yeah, spinning the ones and twos, and bingo nights (bet yer mumma is proud of you) don't bring yer crap into here essex boy!
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
You know, for someone who likes to hang out with drag artists you really need to STFU, just because you have failed at being a, a, oh what is it you do? Oh yeah, spinning the ones and twos, and bingo nights (bet yer mumma is proud of you) don't bring yer crap into here essex boy!
If they bite I will feed.

How sweet.... looking on the net for me are you, boy?
Hanging out with drag artists?... well I've worked with one or two in my time.... and enjoyed doing so.
You sound rather homophobic from the tone of your opening sentance.

Who said I have failed at anything? Certainly not me! I first got paid to DJ in 1979 and continue to do so 30 years on! What a faliure!

My mother is very proud of me, thanks for asking!
She was over here a few weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed herself.

I will certainly bring "my crap" in here as long as I damn well please.
You do!
34.16 times a day!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.