Golf Club

Old Oct 14th 2014, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Golf Club

Originally Posted by AndyS
Mike, be good to hear how the 18 hole event went on Friday (apart from the rain that is We were at the clubhouse as they were getting things ready for the evening prize giving etc. but not able to stay around as we were getting ready to come back home. We managed a couple of sangria's each and they were still as good as ever
Just wish we were there tonight for the opening of the restaurant, but I'm sure I will read, on here, a few comments. Fingers crossed that it meets everyones needs/hopes.
Andy
Hi Andy, unfortunately I didn't play in the opening Tournament on Friday as every year I man the score board at the Portugal Masters and they happened to clash. We did however go for a meal last night with a group of friends and had a great time despite a few 1st night problems. There is a new and varied menu, with dishes such as Green Lipped Mussels in a Saffron & Champagne sauce and Pork Tenderloin with Dauphinoise Potatoes to name but a few. The house wines were good and the food & wine were reasonably priced. Overall the signs for both the course & the CH are very positive, regards Mike
Old Oct 14th 2014, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Don't forget everyone, Book Club will resume tomorrow at the Clubhouse in the Members area. It will run from 3.30-6.30pm and once again I have to stress that we do not need any more books at the moment thank you, regards Bryony
Old Oct 14th 2014, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi Andy, unfortunately I didn't play in the opening Tournament on Friday as every year I man the score board at the Portugal Masters and they happened to clash. We did however go for a meal last night with a group of friends and had a great time despite a few 1st night problems. There is a new and varied menu, with dishes such as Green Lipped Mussels in a Saffron & Champagne sauce and Pork Tenderloin with Dauphinoise Potatoes to name but a few. The house wines were good and the food & wine were reasonably priced. Overall the signs for both the course & the CH are very positive, regards Mike
Well, I have to say the Portugal Masters would have taken my priority as well; I hope you enjoyed yourself. Really pleased that your meal was good last night and the menu sounds considerably more interesting than previously. It all seems to be going in the right direction at the moment so, like many others, I have everything crossed for the continued progress of the clubhouse and course.
Old Oct 18th 2014, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi, delicious 'desayuno completo' (cafe, zumo de naranja, tostada con aceite y jamon) at the club house this morning. From Sunday 26th Roast Dinner, regards Bryony
Old Oct 18th 2014, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Ahem! What? No farturas, Bryony?
Old Oct 18th 2014, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Mitto is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, please can somebody let me know the best contact email for Jamie in the pro shop? Thanks Graham
Old Oct 18th 2014, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitto
Hi, please can somebody let me know the best contact email for Jamie in the pro shop? Thanks Graham
[email protected]
Old Oct 19th 2014, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Mitto is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Old Oct 25th 2014, 3:32 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if the GC is doing something for Halloween night?

If not they're missing a trick ... I remember a couple of ' crazy ' Halloween nights at the club great fun was had by all... And the GC made a bit of dosh!

Jon
Old Oct 26th 2014, 8:37 am
Just Joined

SteveAndVon is an unknown quantity at this point

Will the Golf Club be doing Sunday roasts again?
Old Oct 26th 2014, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SteveAndVon
Will the Golf Club be doing Sunday roasts again?
Starts today
Old Oct 26th 2014, 9:30 am
Just Joined

SteveAndVon is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you
Old Oct 26th 2014, 10:26 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guesswork
Starts today
Looks like there are 3 options for a traditional Sunday lunch, within 'Shouting distance'

The GC
The steak place opposite La plaza's new petrol station ⛽
El Limonero

It would be interesting to get reviews so we can compare.I've only tried El Limonero which is highly rated by me/others... But looking forward to giving the other two a go.

Seems like there's no Halloween bash at the GC - or not advertised widely... Shame lost opportunity IMO.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Oct 26th 2014 at 10:28 am.
Old Oct 26th 2014, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Teed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant futureTeed Up has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Looks like there are 3 options for a traditional Sunday lunch, within 'Shouting distance'

The GC
The steak place opposite La plaza's new petrol station ⛽
El Limonero

It would be interesting to get reviews so we can compare.I've only tried El Limonero which is highly rated by me/others... But looking forward to giving the other two a go.

Seems like there's no Halloween bash at the GC - or not advertised widely... Shame lost opportunity IMO.

Jon
Hi Jon,
You missed out the 19th Hoya, they do a Sunday lunch also, which we tried during the Ryder cup weekend, but have heard good things about it since,to be honest it's not the thing we would do on a weekly basis,but maybe once a month.

So we have two we can walk to,enjoy the day with a drink,and amble home,also friends of ours went to Ronaldo's couple of weeks ago,said they had a great day,lovely Sunday lunch,Buffet style,and entertainment on all afternoon,bit further afield but another option for a day out with lunch.

Ken.
Old Oct 26th 2014, 11:26 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Teed Up
Hi Jon,
You missed out the 19th Hoya, they do a Sunday lunch also, which we tried during the Ryder cup weekend, but have heard good things about it since,to be honest it's not the thing we would do on a weekly basis,but maybe once a month.

So we have two we can walk to,enjoy the day with a drink,and amble home,also friends of ours went to Ronaldo's couple of weeks ago,said they had a great day,lovely Sunday lunch,Buffet style,and entertainment on all afternoon,bit further afield but another option for a day out with lunch.

Ken.
Thanks Ken I had no idea that 19H was doing a trad lunch. Add that to the list. And ALWAYS great to have something within walking distance. Though nipping into town for a good nosh up is easy too, like the steak place you recently recommended.

Ronaldos is good and a great price too.... last time we went it wasn't a buffet but a choice...

I agree a 'traditional' Sunday lunch ... in Spain.... isnt a weekly thing at all...

See you soon
Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.