Golf Club

Old Mar 4th 2014, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Default Re: Golf Club

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Very soon, what I have heard is VERY good news!!.....
Jon, you're filling us all with hope....especially as you've said VERY good news. The mind boggles at what that could mean. When do you think you will be able to articulate??
Old Mar 4th 2014, 9:37 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyS
Jon, you're filling us all with hope....especially as you've said VERY good news. The mind boggles at what that could mean. When do you think you will be able to articulate??
Hi Andy, you are right, I've posted what is 'high expectations' and maybe shouldnt have done.

If you scroll up to say post 367, its seems that the GC has someway to go, IMHO..... And also from the feedback based on the posts.

Then about +/- 2 weeks later in 370 we hear that there are changes. It was not posted by me.

Learning what the changes may be I got excited and posted about the 'Very' good news.

Its not for me to articulate this, its not my news, I let my excitement get the best of me and posted.

If this is a non-event then I apologise: If it is something significant, then I am just a very very happy observer.

Sorry - lets wait till the person who really knows the reality vs the rumour posts, then we will know.

After years of negative news, I got excited. Lets hope I am at least a little bit right to post what I did, if not please buy me a drink to drown my sorrows, you'll get at least a couple back

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Mar 4th 2014 at 9:46 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2014, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Hi Andy, you are right, I've posted what is 'high expectations' and maybe shouldnt have done.

If you scroll up to say post 367, its seems that the GC has someway to go, IMHO..... And also from the feedback based on the posts.

Then about +/- 2 weeks later in 370 we hear that there are changes. It was not posted by me.

Learning what the changes may be I got excited and posted about the 'Very' good news.

Its not for me to articulate this, its not my news, I let my excitement get the best of me and posted.

If this is a non-event then I apologise: If it is something significant, then I am just a very very happy observer.

Sorry - lets wait till the person who really knows the reality vs the rumour posts, then we will know.

After years of negative news, I got excited. Lets hope I am at least a little bit right to post what I did, if not please buy me a drink to drown my sorrows, you'll get at least a couple back

Jon
Hi Jon,

As you say one persons very good news and anothers could be quite different, so I'll just be patient and wait to hear in due course. I'm over in May so hope to buy you that drink.

Andy
Old Mar 5th 2014, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

the admiral is an unknown quantity at this point

Who ever jon-bxi is PLEASE get your facts correct - The Owner has not left the area - far from it.

As regards the rest of your comments you seem well informed - not -

As a resident of Costa Esuri I would think it beneficial that the Golf Club and the Bar/Restaurant remain open because I cant see much future without them for Esuri even if you have VV

I understand WI FI issues to be problems with the supplier Telefonica but then again every one seems to expect something for nothing and complain when its not available - typical of the Area -
Old Mar 5th 2014, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Golf Club

Originally Posted by the admiral
Who ever jon-bxi is PLEASE get your facts correct - The Owner has not left the area - far from it.

As a resident of Costa Esuri I would think it beneficial that the Golf Club and the Bar/Restaurant remain open because I cant see much future without them for Esuri even if you have VV

I understand WI FI issues to be problems with the supplier Telefonica but then again every one seems to expect something for nothing and complain when its not available - typical of the Area -
The owner is and always has been FADESA they have not had a presence in CE for over a year. The concessionaire for the Restaraunt has returned to the med coast and left his niece in charge. The Golf course is a separate franchise and again the people come and go. So perhaps Jon is sort of right after all.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Mar 5th 2014 at 5:51 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2014, 6:51 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Many people know me, but 'The Admiral' allows you to be anonymous.

However I suspect you are connected with the Golf Club management - it seems like it. You have posted 3 times only on the funeral service and the GC. Lets look at your first post http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...93&postcount=9

Quote: Just to put things straight - Steve is the owner and Michelle will be his PA - overseeing the business and its day to day operation will be carried out by Abi.

This is NOT a change in management style and certainly Not a change in Ownership - he (steve) will be in the Tentadero every month and is always contactable by phone or e-mail by any guest of the Tentadero.

This was in response to post no 8 which said 'quote' Just thought I would mention this as it was 'straight from the horses mouth' so to speak. Steve (Tentadero, Costa Esuri) has said that he is returning to the Costa del Sol and that Michelle will take his place. Not sure from when but he will be returning now and again to see how things are going.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...04&postcount=8

Doesn't sound like he is in the area if he only comes in once a month! You said it after all!!... Quote 'Whoever' you are. THIS is where I got my information from - so where am I wrong? Quote get your facts correct as you say in your first line.

Errr.... can you confirm whether you are involved with the GC management, or the funeral company - or both? Stating your interest when you post is at a minimum, a courtesy. Certainly nothing for you to be scared of admitting, if its true.

Now you have given something away. When you say it would be beneficial that the GC stay open. Are you saying that there is a risk that it will close?? YOU after all are in the know about Tentadero?

Also when have I ever said that I want the GC to close??? ... far from it. To quote you again 'You seem well informed - not.'

I think anybody that has posted more than 3 times and been on the forum for years will say that I have ALWAYS been positive and hopeful for CE, and that we need the GC and MORE, VV is excellent news after we lost Jags.

I want the GC to work and provide an excellent service to the area, but it shouldn't be a monopoly. We bought here before the crisis expecting HUGELY more.

I personally spoke to Steve early on and was excited at the new management and suggested that with proper management and vision the GC could become the social centre of CE. It was also his goal.

Unfortunately this hasn't happened. Even when the GC is the ONLY viable bar/resto on CE. If I hurt your feelings by suggesting that the GC has some way to go, and that competition could possibly help .. well.... I think that's a reasonable statement of fact. The GC have missed an opportunity.

The good news I, perhaps, shouldn't have gotten excited about, as it was a rumour, had NOTHING to do with wishing the GC to close!!!. That's just rubbish (as you'd know if you had any idea who I was, or read any of my posts). Also look at post 3 of the thread Ive quoted above, I actually recommended Michelle personally on the thread. I'm not the bad guy here!

Then you belittle people for Quote again 'expect something for nothing and complain when its not available - typical of the Area'.

Its my view that if an establishment offers free wifi for its paying guests, then this is a service that should work, it's not the customers fault that the promised service isn't delivered. I have used the internet on occasion, but rarely, and I have always paid for drinks etc at the same time. As that is the 'deal' for free wifi. Lets face it it is even technically wrong for you say its free.

But perhaps you don't understand customer service (either)

I've also spent a lot of money there and not used the net. However I've been spending less the last year or so, though still a customer - using the 'hard earned' elsewhere more often than before.

Finally, every time I mentioned the boss I said 'owner' with the apostrophes. John confirms that in his post. The boss of Tentafero is not the owner of the GC. Even though you say it... I can't be bothered to quote you yet again!

Jon

PS John thanks for you points in post 380, you at least are in the know.
Old Mar 5th 2014, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute

Many people know me, but 'The Admiral' allows you to be anonymous.

However I suspect you are connected with the Golf Club management - it seems like it. You have posted 3 times only on the funeral service and the GC. Lets look at your first post http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...93&postcount=9

Quote: Just to put things straight - Steve is the owner and Michelle will be his PA - overseeing the business and its day to day operation will be carried out by Abi.

This is NOT a change in management style and certainly Not a change in Ownership - he (steve) will be in the Tentadero every month and is always contactable by phone or e-mail by any guest of the Tentadero.

This was in response to post no 8 which said 'quote' Just thought I would mention this as it was 'straight from the horses mouth' so to speak. Steve (Tentadero, Costa Esuri) has said that he is returning to the Costa del Sol and that Michelle will take his place. Not sure from when but he will be returning now and again to see how things are going.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...04&postcount=8

Doesn't sound like he is in the area if he only comes in once a month! You said it after all!!... Quote 'Whoever' you are. THIS is where I got my information from - so where am I wrong? Quote get your facts correct as you say in your first line.

Errr.... can you confirm whether you are involved with the GC management, or the funeral company - or both? Stating your interest when you post is at a minimum, a courtesy. Certainly nothing for you to be scared of admitting, if its true.

Now you have given something away. When you say it would be beneficial that the GC stay open. Are you saying that there is a risk that it will close?? YOU after all are in the know about Tentadero?

Also when have I ever said that I want the GC to close??? ... far from it. To quote you again 'You seem well informed - not.'

I think anybody that has posted more than 3 times and been on the forum for years will say that I have ALWAYS been positive and hopeful for CE, and that we need the GC and MORE, VV is excellent news after we lost Jags.

I want the GC to work and provide an excellent service to the area, but it shouldn't be a monopoly. We bought here before the crisis expecting HUGELY more.

I personally spoke to Steve early on and was excited at the new management and suggested that with proper management and vision the GC could become the social centre of CE. It was also his goal.

Unfortunately this hasn't happened. Even when the GC is the ONLY viable bar/resto on CE. If I hurt your feelings by suggesting that the GC has some way to go, and that competition could possibly help .. well.... I think that's a reasonable statement of fact. The GC have missed an opportunity.

The good news I, perhaps, shouldn't have gotten excited about, as it was a rumour, had NOTHING to do with wishing the GC to close!!!. That's just rubbish (as you'd know if you had any idea who I was, or read any of my posts). Also look at post 3 of the thread Ive quoted above, I actually recommended Michelle personally on the thread. I'm not the bad guy here!

Then you belittle people for Quote again 'expect something for nothing and complain when its not available - typical of the Area'.

Its my view that if an establishment offers free wifi for its paying guests, then this is a service that should work, it's not the customers fault that the promised service isn't delivered. I have used the internet on occasion, but rarely, and I have always paid for drinks etc at the same time. As that is the 'deal' for free wifi. Lets face it it is even technically wrong for you say its free.

But perhaps you don't understand customer service (either)

I've also spent a lot of money there and not used the net. However I've been spending less the last year or so, though still a customer - using the 'hard earned' elsewhere more often than before.

Finally, every time I mentioned the boss I said 'owner' with the apostrophes. John confirms that in his post. The boss of Tentafero is not the owner of the GC. Even though you say it... I can't be bothered to quote you yet again!

Jon

PS John thanks for you points in post 380, you at least are in the know.
Old Mar 5th 2014, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute

FOR GOD SAKE, Who seriously would call them selves " The Admiral " Have the guts to post under your name.Or at least change it to " Traffic Warden "
Old Mar 5th 2014, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maybe I have missed something here, but I don't recall anyone suggesting that the golf club and bar/restaurant are not beneficial to Esuri. However, I think it is important that the golf course is competitive in terms of conditioning and maintenance, if it is to attract new green fee payers.

Likewise the bar/restaurant; it's all about the customers experience isn't it. Get it right and it will flourish.
Old Mar 5th 2014, 8:07 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by BILL AND CLAIRE
FOR GOD SAKE, Who seriously would call them selves " The Admiral " Have the guts to post under your name.Or at least change it to " Traffic Warden "
Very funny!

Speaking of traffic wardens (AND funerals) - click here.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...postcount=2270

Thanks, Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Mar 5th 2014 at 10:01 pm.
Old Mar 7th 2014, 7:46 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by AndyS
Maybe I have missed something here, but I don't recall anyone suggesting that the golf club and bar/restaurant are not beneficial to Esuri. However, I think it is important that the golf course is competitive in terms of conditioning and maintenance, if it is to attract new green fee payers.

Likewise the bar/restaurant; it's all about the customers experience isn't it. Get it right and it will flourish.
I agree. For years now we have discussed how important, in fact essential, a functioning and attractive Golf Course is for all in CE. Supported by a great club that also welcomes Spanish and other nationalities, golfers + others, giving us a good customer-experience.

I think most people can take a guess who 'The Admiral' is - since even his first post. But until he names himself, that's all it is - a guess. The name may perhaps be a clue? Who knows.

I suspect (and mentioned) that he revealed that the GC is under threat of closure. That's NOT what I - or anybody - wants. I made that clear in my reply. We need MORE -not less- social and other facilities in CE!! Even a 'GC-that-can-improve' (IMHO) is better than none at all! Let's hope this doesn't happen and there will always be a GC and always the essential golf course.

After years of hassle and little good news, dwindled property prices, crises, high taxes paid and the awful EUC (IMHO) etc etc, when I heard some very good news, I couldn't contain myself and posted. From a good source. It had NOTHING to do with pleasure at the end of the GC. I think that was clear too.

To explain, here's the jist of what I heard/posted re 'very good' news. Note this is just RUMOUR only - and can easily be just wishful thinking: There will be a buyer involving the GC, the Golf course AND the shopping centre (SC) perhaps even the hotel. If so this is amazing news.

I'm no civil engineer, but the SC has been flooded for years and exposed to the elements (as has the hotel.) I can't see how it's structurally sound. So bulldozing it and even just creating a green space for kids to kick a ball around would be a big improvement for me. I'm sure we all have other ideas for the space. Commercial centres aint working here (eg La Plaza)!

I'd really love to see the hotel running, serving the region and the Golf Course and also having its own restos/bars, social possibilities etc. But even if that is not possible, or too expensive or too structurally broken then nuke-it! Otherwise it's just another eyesore for me.

Perhaps the cost of the bulldozing meant the buyer got a great deal? Wishful thinking on my part.

In a long period of 'rare good news events' we have VV opening. This is one of the best things I've heard in years! It won't open 15/3. The area between the gate and the stairs is a huge mound of earth. They are building a ramp for disabled access to the terrace on the first floor. Thus eliminating one of the big problems with Jags. It's so encouraging to me, that they are going for this legal compliance. Being Spanish, and experienced in business, they hopefully 'know the rules' and will make sure all is in place. Also so glad that they are investing heavily in the project, so they hopefully, have thought it all through. Great 'tea-leaves'! Fantastic to have a much-needed Spanish themed bar/resto in CE! Can't wait!!

I still think there is a grand opportunity above the shop for another bar/resto (mentioned at length previously)... and more. I'll leave the soapbox hidden and just mention again the hope for a post-box and bus! A clinic that is more than a pre-election ruse etc.

With the population density (or 'footfall') in CE, even accounting for the transient holiday population, there is room for much more than what we have had for years. Go anywhere in Ayamonte and there is a bar/resto/shop etc on every corner serving less 'relative footfall' than in CE.

So I really hope that there is substance to the positive rumours.

I will treat with great concern any rumours about long term closure of the GC- or the club/course going back in administration ....... (And to end on a positive note) ...... and treat with great joy the opening of VV soon!
Jon
Old Mar 7th 2014, 10:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Golf Club

I still think there is a grand opportunity above the shop for another bar/resto (mentioned at length previously)... and more. I'll leave the soapbox hidden and just mention again the hope for a post-box and bus! A clinic that is more than a pre-election ruse etc.

With the population density (or 'footfall') in CE, even accounting for the transient holiday population, there is room for much more than what we have had for years. Go anywhere in Ayamonte and there is a bar/resto/shop etc on every corner serving less 'relative footfall' than in CE.

Jon
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=827626

See above truly great minds think alike!
Old Mar 8th 2014, 2:54 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=827626

See above truly great minds think alike!
Thanks John! Good link, I had to respond.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...0&postcount=21

If any other Ayamonte-ans want to add anything or disagree.... that's a place to go .... just click on the top right of the post that takes you to the thread.

Jon
Old Mar 8th 2014, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

AliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond repute

Down at the Golf Club today, the news is now common knowledge amongst golfers about the new French owners who are taking over on April 1st.
All staff are on notice until end of March and it appears the notice extends to the restaurant contract.
No news yet about their plans but the French company have also acquired the hotel….
Things might be looking up on Esuri with interesting times ahead.
Old Mar 8th 2014, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

char272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nice

Things for esuri can only get better,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.