Golf Club

Old Oct 15th 2012, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

mrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to all
Default Re: Golf Club

Originally Posted by John & Kath
This is the skewed version I referred to.

Just because it does not agree with your version! How are you so sure that you are correct? If you could explain point by point why it is skewed perhaps your assertion would have more substance.

It is not my original post. I think the truth probably lies somewhere between the two viewpoints....

Last edited by mrtrumper; Oct 15th 2012 at 10:33 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

mrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to allmrtrumper is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AndyS
Not quite sure what I did to deserve the sarcastic comment pointing out my appalling error. I stand corrected. But then of course we could open up a whole new thread pointing out the grammatical and spelling errors others make. What a great use of our time that would be Mr T. Oh, by the way, here is one of yours " Some of the paths are braking up." Maybe they were heading downhill and needed to slow down? My point - we all make errors, but so long as the tone of the note is conveyed, then why pick people up; there is no need for it.
I think your error rather reflected your sub-conscious belief that only your view was relevant and that is why I pointed it out. Whilst we are on the subject though I think it is a good idea to have a grammar thread. I am properly educated and would bet I make less than most. Does that make me better than you?! No. Are you riding the highest horse in the land....?

Last edited by mrtrumper; Oct 15th 2012 at 10:57 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

Not quite sure what I did to deserve the sarcastic comment pointing out my appalling error. I stand corrected. But then of course we could open up a whole new thread pointing out the grammatical and spelling errors others make. What a great use of our time that would be Mr T. Oh, by the way, here is one of yours " Some of the paths are braking up." Maybe they were heading downhill and needed to slow down? My point - we all make errors, but so long as the tone of the note is conveyed, then why pick people up; there is no need for it.

It was quite funny though to be fair.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

THIS IS SPAIN for gods sake. It is well known that large numbers of local authorities and in particular the mayors are corrupt several are still facing court proceedings and a few are already in jail. Indeed the last mayor of Ayamontes office was raided by the GC and many documents seized with an ongoing investigation. The current Mayor has already been tainted by his machinations over Costa Esuri and his involvement with the Administrator for the EUC which appeared to be awarded without competition to his own law firm who had no expirince in this type of work. Why should anyone trust a local authority under these circumstances?
I here what you are saying. I really do. I still don't think that your tirade is particularly helpful though. It isn't about trusting them; it is about getting the best for the development and outright vilification of them probably won't do that.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

ps There were two questions in your post but only one question mark. Poor.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 6:12 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrtrumper
I had hoped we had agreed to stop blaming the local authority (LA) earlier and to see what happens before making fairly wild accusations. I appreciate you may not be fond of them but it was quite clearly stated by someone in the know that they had given the restaurant ample warning and did at least have some genuine grounds....
Blimey MT this is really winding you up. This morning I came down to see a lot of posts from you. I don't recall agreeing to stop blaming the LA. Also my recent point had nothing to do with the resto's ample warning. And I stand by all the posts I made - on this thread, with the exception of one on the petition timing where I was wrong and admitted it publicly. (I'm sure you stand by yours as well) You say you don't want to hear more wild accusations - but you cant control a public forum.

You are one voice and have no authority here.

And if you don't like it, don't respond, or start a new thread.. or fight back as you are doing. Fair game. However I believe you choose to make personal criticisms (at times) that serve only to raise the tension. For the main points on the topic of this thread we are in agreement as I posted in red in your post the other day.http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=149

But who's to say we are right.

I like to hear contrary opinions so in my post yesterday I asked if people had 1) contrary opinions as to the viability of the golf course 2) If people thought the Golf club could survive without the course... and later 3) would Jag, or any potential competitor, still have the same commercial interest without a golf club.

Re the LA: As a Marina Esuri resident you must have some concerns with the LA and experiences you have had, you are openly distrustful of Fadesa, (and I agree) and I choose to be so about the LA as well. LM kindly said he would pass on the opinions to the LA. And I would be glad to see a discussion with say CERA, that I would attend as a member.

We have just gone through local elections in Belgium, going through presidential elections in the US: Criticising the sitting government on their performance is fair game anywhere in the world... and any politician needs to be able to respond to these 'contrary opinions'. In fact a good politician would like to hear the criticisms leveled against them to be given a chance to respond. My opinion.

The stuff in blue above is me highlighting the topic here

Jon
Old Oct 16th 2012, 6:25 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

I here what you are saying. I really do. I still don't think that your tirade is particularly helpful though. It isn't about trusting them; it is about getting the best for the development and outright vilification of them probably won't do that.
Many people on this thread have made 'tirades', I have and you have for example - I wont be surprised if many people have switched off and are fed up of both of our tirades. But its a public forum, people can write whatever they want, (within site rules) no-one has the power to control that, and people can respond/ignore should they wish. Free society, thankfully. Err for the grammar watchers, was that a hanging preposition ? (Its an adverb I think)

I believe beer and discussion is also good, I hope we will have a choice of places to do that, on CE, including the golf club, and I'll get the first and last round.

Although based on the posts a 'pissup' has 2 definitions at the club !

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Oct 16th 2012 at 6:41 am.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
You say you don't want to hear more wild accusations - but you cant control a public forum.

Jon
Of course I can't and I would never want to. But why make wild accusations? I don't see how doing so can be constructive. Can you really not see how that doesn't help anybody?
Old Oct 16th 2012, 12:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Golf Club

Of course I can't and I would never want to. But why make wild accusations? I don't see how doing so can be constructive. Can you really not see how that doesn't help anybody?
Are they wild accusations? Do you have irrefutable proof of that assertion? Perhaps it is time to place in the hands of the Local Police and the GC.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Are they wild accusations? Do you have irrefutable proof of that assertion? Perhaps it is time to place in the hands of the Local Police and the GC.
Or perhaps it is time to take a constructive approach to dealing with the Local Authority.

And I really think it is yourself that needs the irrefutable proof!
Old Oct 16th 2012, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Why are we going to the Local Police and the GC? Because I disagreed with you? Are you going to ask them to get you your ball back as well?
Old Oct 16th 2012, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Blimey MT this is really winding you up. This morning I came down to see a lot of posts from you. I don't recall agreeing to stop blaming the LA. Also my recent point had nothing to do with the resto's ample warning. And I stand by all the posts I made - on this thread, with the exception of one on the petition timing where I was wrong and admitted it publicly. (I'm sure you stand by yours as well) You say you don't want to hear more wild accusations - but you cant control a public forum.

You are one voice and have no authority here.

And if you don't like it, don't respond, or start a new thread.. or fight back as you are doing. Fair game. However I believe you choose to make personal criticisms (at times) that serve only to raise the tension. For the main points on the topic of this thread we are in agreement as I posted in red in your post the other day.http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=149

But who's to say we are right.

I like to hear contrary opinions so in my post yesterday I asked if people had 1) contrary opinions as to the viability of the golf course 2) If people thought the Golf club could survive without the course... and later 3) would Jag, or any potential competitor, still have the same commercial interest without a golf club.

Re the LA: As a Marina Esuri resident you must have some concerns with the LA and experiences you have had, you are openly distrustful of Fadesa, (and I agree) and I choose to be so about the LA as well. LM kindly said he would pass on the opinions to the LA. And I would be glad to see a discussion with say CERA, that I would attend as a member.

We have just gone through local elections in Belgium, going through presidential elections in the US: Criticising the sitting government on their performance is fair game anywhere in the world... and any politician needs to be able to respond to these 'contrary opinions'. In fact a good politician would like to hear the criticisms leveled against them to be given a chance to respond. My opinion.

The stuff in blue above is me highlighting the topic here

Jon
It is winding me up Jon because I do want to see the best for Esuri and I just don't think that an openly hostile attitude towards the Local Authority is going to get the best, in the long term for the development. Yes politics is about disagreement but it is also about consultation and usually compromise. I do believe that there is a way to disagree, to consult and to agree with a Local Authority and I don't think just saying they are corrupt on an internet forum is ideal. I want the best for the development as you do and as you say we broadly agree I just think that a slightly different approach might be more beneficial. I could be wrong of course.

Last edited by mrtrumper; Oct 16th 2012 at 2:26 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Just because it does not agree with your version! How are you so sure that you are correct? If you could explain point by point why it is skewed perhaps your assertion would have more substance.

It is not my original post. I think the truth probably lies somewhere between the two viewpoints....
Any chance of a reply to this?
Old Oct 16th 2012, 2:25 pm
BE Positive

It is winding me up Jon because I do want to see the best for Esuri and I just don't think that an openly hostile attitude towards the Local Authority is going to get the best, in the long term for the development. Yes politics is about disagreement but it is also about consultation and usually compromise. I do believe that there is a way to disagree, to consult and to agree with a Local Authority and I don't think just saying they are corrupt on an internet forum is ideal. I want the best for the development as you do and as you say we broadly agree I just think that a slightly different approach might be more beneficial. I could be wrong but I really don't think I am.
Hi MT I don't think the LA are really reading this. In fact there's only a few posting on this thread means we may even have 'hijacked' it with all our posts - there's only a few contributors now. If so - for my part - I apologise to anyone left reading this thread.

I understand your pov, MT, but I am more aggressive with public officials than you are, and I have backed up some of my statements with information too. I think there's more than one way to skin this cat - and it could be that neither of us is 'wrong'. So far this approach has led to LM offering to start a dialogue with his contacts. This is what has always been missing between the LA and the residents. If this happens as a result of an aggressive approach, making them want to e.g defend themselves, then we have moved forward. We can talk civilly and openly and hopefully find some common ground.

If on the other hand they take these complaints and judgements with a petulant attitude and purposely denigrate CE, (and mess with the majority who haven't openly criticised them) then they should not be in politics. Attacking politicians is par for the course as I mentioned last time. If they cant take this normal level of 'hot' criticism - from a minority of people (many of whom PAY taxes and are REGISTERED to vote) - then they should get out of 'the kitchen'.

So MT I may frustrate you again with my 'lengthy' posts or attacks on the LA, and I will have to accept that 1) you disagree with me on this approach on this public forum.. and also that 2) you will frankly let me know how you feel as well.

Jon

PS offer of beers still on.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

I believe beer and discussion is also good, I hope we will have a choice of places to do that, on CE, including the golf club, and I'll get the first and last round.
A couple of pints sounds like a good idea then!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.