Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

God Bless Claire Balding

God Bless Claire Balding

Old Feb 22nd 2014, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

stuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond reputestuboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default God Bless Claire Balding

She really is a trooper. Trying desperately hard to get the country interested in the Winter Olympics. When she said the other night that the country was gripped (or something like that) about the womens curling event she really did seem sincere. I watched it and hard as I tried I just couldn't see the point, is it me or is it really the most useless sport ever invented?
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 12:58 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: God Bless Claire Balding

Best moment of the games coverage for me was when she was explaining about those two man luge things.... She said, "Basically one man lies on top of another man and they slide down the Shute... Mr Putin should go and watch that particular event, he'd love it."
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 1:02 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

in response to the question - nope, formation dancing in a swimming pool already has that Gold Medal

but Claire seems to doing well considering her "marital" status considering the statements by Putin and his men.

Considering the appalling mess of uncompleted facilities and lack of personal privacy perhaps now is the time to call a halt for such a huge waste of money.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 1:06 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuboy
She really is a trooper. Trying desperately hard to get the country interested in the Winter Olympics. When she said the other night that the country was gripped (or something like that) about the womens curling event she really did seem sincere. I watched it and hard as I tried I just couldn't see the point, is it me or is it really the most useless sport ever invented?
I guess you could say the same about bowls or Boules/Pétanque but millions of people seem to enjoy that and Curling is essentially the same but colder!

Believe it not some people think Football is useless!

Whatever turns you on
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 1:09 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
I guess you could say the same about bowls or Boules/Pétanque but millions of people seem to enjoy that and Curling is essentially the same but colder!

Believe it not some people think Football is useless!

Whatever turns you on
not me - just the prancing diva's they have performing in it, give them a swimming pool and enter them into the Olympics
many fine games at the basic level with great ball and personal skills

and as to £300k per week for some guy called Rooney - now that is taking the Mickey