Gluten free??

Old Jun 26th 2013, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Default Gluten free??

Hi,

I have had the following enquiry from a potential renter:-

My son is on a gluten free,
casein free and soya free diet. We want to make sure that the local
supermarkets stocks these types of food, otherwise we may have to
reconsider going to Costa se la Luz.

Anyone out there able to advise if Mercadona in Ayamonte or Pingu Doce in Vila Real stock such items please?

Old Jun 27th 2013, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

linda and steve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gluten free??

Hello
Mercadona is the best place for Gluten free products and the products are marked with gluten free on the package.
IE: Beef burgers, flour, bread not so good, but long wrapped baguettes are nice, they are the Beiker make, they are not all in one place like in the UK, so a bit of searching and you will find them.

Steve
Old Jun 27th 2013, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

linda and steve is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Also gluten free (sin gluten) frozen pizzas and fish fingers, in the freezer.

Steve
Old Jun 27th 2013, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice

Originally Posted by AndyS
Hi,

I have had the following enquiry from a potential renter:-

My son is on a gluten free,
casein free and soya free diet. We want to make sure that the local
supermarkets stocks these types of food, otherwise we may have to
reconsider going to Costa se la Luz.

Anyone out there able to advise if Mercadona in Ayamonte or Pingu Doce in Vila Real stock such items please?

My Dad is Gluten free too... Mercandonna has, but Carrefour has a bigger range....

Pingu ... do too....
Old Jun 27th 2013, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Pope
My Dad is Gluten free too... Mercandonna has, but Carrefour has a bigger range....

Pingu ... do too....
Many thanks to all who responded. Just what I needed.
Old Jun 27th 2013, 10:40 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andy

Our friend has to have a strict gluten free diet and he is always delighted with the range of products in the supermarkets already mentioned above - the sin gluten ice cream is the best he has ever had. Also when we have eaten out I have popped in before hand to check with the chef that they can provide gluten free and they have been very helpful. Mesa do Cume (inland from Tavira) were brilliant - I had emailed asking if they did "gluten gree" and booked the table in advance. The owner came out with a whole range of dishes he could choose from and we had a wonderful meal.

All the best

Mel
Old Jun 27th 2013, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Hi Andy

Our friend has to have a strict gluten free diet and he is always delighted with the range of products in the supermarkets already mentioned above - the sin gluten ice cream is the best he has ever had. Also when we have eaten out I have popped in before hand to check with the chef that they can provide gluten free and they have been very helpful. Mesa do Cume (inland from Tavira) were brilliant - I had emailed asking if they did "gluten gree" and booked the table in advance. The owner came out with a whole range of dishes he could choose from and we had a wonderful meal.

All the best

Mel
Hi Mel,

Thanks for that, I am passing the details on to the enquirer.

Kind regards

Andy
Old Jun 27th 2013, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by AndyS
Hi Mel,

Thanks for that, I am passing the details on to the enquirer.

Kind regards

Andy
Sadly Mesa Do Cume closed following the forest fires in Portugal 2 years ago.
Much missed
Old Jun 27th 2013, 3:29 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olivia
Sadly Mesa Do Cume closed following the forest fires in Portugal 2 years ago.
Much missed
That is a shame, cripes I hadn't realised it was so long ago since we went there. Thanks for the update.

Mel
Old Jul 7th 2013, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

FromHuelva is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to add something to this thread that might be useful:

"Puede contener trazas de soja"- this is the sentence you might find in some packages to inform the customer that this product might have small quantities of Soja

"Contiene Gluten"- the product does have gluten

"Libre de gluten"//"sin Gluten". it has no gluten

Mercadona has a phone number to answer any question about its products. It is a free phone number without anycost if you call from spain 900.500.103,available mondays to saturdays from 09.00 to 21.pm

I hope this to be useful to you
Old Jul 7th 2013, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FromHuelva
I want to add something to this thread that might be useful:

"Puede contener trazas de soja"- this is the sentence you might find in some packages to inform the customer that this product might have small quantities of Soja

"Contiene Gluten"- the product does have gluten

"Libre de gluten"//"sin Gluten". it has no gluten

Mercadona has a phone number to answer any question about its products. It is a free phone number without anycost if you call from spain 900.500.103,available mondays to saturdays from 09.00 to 21.pm

I hope this to be useful to you
Hi FromHuelva,

That is very helpful thanks.