Gluten free??

Old Jun 26th 2013, 10:42 pm
  #1  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Shenfield, Essex
Posts: 615
AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Default Gluten free??

Hi,

I have had the following enquiry from a potential renter:-

My son is on a gluten free,
casein free and soya free diet. We want to make sure that the local
supermarkets stocks these types of food, otherwise we may have to
reconsider going to Costa se la Luz.

Anyone out there able to advise if Mercadona in Ayamonte or Pingu Doce in Vila Real stock such items please?

AndyS is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2013, 6:26 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 41
linda and steve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gluten free??

Hello
Mercadona is the best place for Gluten free products and the products are marked with gluten free on the package.
IE: Beef burgers, flour, bread not so good, but long wrapped baguettes are nice, they are the Beiker make, they are not all in one place like in the UK, so a bit of searching and you will find them.

Steve
linda and steve is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2013, 6:43 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 41
linda and steve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gluten free??

Hi
Also gluten free (sin gluten) frozen pizzas and fish fingers, in the freezer.


Steve
linda and steve is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2013, 6:44 am
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
 
The Pope's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Ayamonte
Posts: 491
The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice
Default Re: Gluten free??

Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Hi,

I have had the following enquiry from a potential renter:-

My son is on a gluten free,
casein free and soya free diet. We want to make sure that the local
supermarkets stocks these types of food, otherwise we may have to
reconsider going to Costa se la Luz.

Anyone out there able to advise if Mercadona in Ayamonte or Pingu Doce in Vila Real stock such items please?

My Dad is Gluten free too... Mercandonna has, but Carrefour has a bigger range....

Pingu ... do too....
The Pope is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2013, 7:33 am
  #5  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Shenfield, Essex
Posts: 615
AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Default Re: Gluten free??

Originally Posted by The Pope View Post
My Dad is Gluten free too... Mercandonna has, but Carrefour has a bigger range....

Pingu ... do too....
Many thanks to all who responded. Just what I needed.
AndyS is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2013, 10:40 am
  #6  
MEL & JOHN
 
MEL & JOHN's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 720
MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gluten free??

Hi Andy

Our friend has to have a strict gluten free diet and he is always delighted with the range of products in the supermarkets already mentioned above - the sin gluten ice cream is the best he has ever had. Also when we have eaten out I have popped in before hand to check with the chef that they can provide gluten free and they have been very helpful. Mesa do Cume (inland from Tavira) were brilliant - I had emailed asking if they did "gluten gree" and booked the table in advance. The owner came out with a whole range of dishes he could choose from and we had a wonderful meal.

All the best

Mel
MEL & JOHN is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2013, 12:07 pm
  #7  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Shenfield, Essex
Posts: 615
AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Default Re: Gluten free??

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN View Post
Hi Andy

Our friend has to have a strict gluten free diet and he is always delighted with the range of products in the supermarkets already mentioned above - the sin gluten ice cream is the best he has ever had. Also when we have eaten out I have popped in before hand to check with the chef that they can provide gluten free and they have been very helpful. Mesa do Cume (inland from Tavira) were brilliant - I had emailed asking if they did "gluten gree" and booked the table in advance. The owner came out with a whole range of dishes he could choose from and we had a wonderful meal.

All the best

Mel
Hi Mel,

Thanks for that, I am passing the details on to the enquirer.

Kind regards

Andy
AndyS is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2013, 2:23 pm
  #8  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 943
olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice
Default Re: Gluten free??

Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Hi Mel,

Thanks for that, I am passing the details on to the enquirer.

Kind regards

Andy
Sadly Mesa Do Cume closed following the forest fires in Portugal 2 years ago.
Much missed
olivia is offline  
Old Jun 27th 2013, 3:29 pm
  #9  
MEL & JOHN
 
MEL & JOHN's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 720
MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gluten free??

Originally Posted by olivia View Post
Sadly Mesa Do Cume closed following the forest fires in Portugal 2 years ago.
Much missed
That is a shame, cripes I hadn't realised it was so long ago since we went there. Thanks for the update.

Mel
MEL & JOHN is offline  
Old Jul 7th 2013, 4:25 pm
  #10  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 9
FromHuelva is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gluten free??

I want to add something to this thread that might be useful:

"Puede contener trazas de soja"- this is the sentence you might find in some packages to inform the customer that this product might have small quantities of Soja

"Contiene Gluten"- the product does have gluten

"Libre de gluten"//"sin Gluten". it has no gluten

Mercadona has a phone number to answer any question about its products. It is a free phone number without anycost if you call from spain 900.500.103,available mondays to saturdays from 09.00 to 21.pm

I hope this to be useful to you
FromHuelva is offline  
Old Jul 7th 2013, 7:44 pm
  #11  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Shenfield, Essex
Posts: 615
AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Default Re: Gluten free??

Originally Posted by FromHuelva View Post
I want to add something to this thread that might be useful:

"Puede contener trazas de soja"- this is the sentence you might find in some packages to inform the customer that this product might have small quantities of Soja

"Contiene Gluten"- the product does have gluten

"Libre de gluten"//"sin Gluten". it has no gluten

Mercadona has a phone number to answer any question about its products. It is a free phone number without anycost if you call from spain 900.500.103,available mondays to saturdays from 09.00 to 21.pm

I hope this to be useful to you
Hi FromHuelva,

That is very helpful thanks.
AndyS is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.